How to Prepare for NEET Physics – Medical aspirants usually find preparing for NEET Physics to be the most challenging. NEET Physics preparation requires most effort, since, it comprises a wide variety of theoretical concepts and a vast array of numerical problems associated with each concept. NEET physics syllabus carries almost equal weightage of questions from Class 11 and Class 12. Candidates must, therefore, equally focus on the overall syllabus during the preparation of NEET Physics 2020. A total of 45 questions are included in the physics section of NEET which sums up to a total of 180 marks in the exam. Scoring good marks in NEET Physics is essential to generate a better overall score required for admission to MBBS and BDS courses. Preparing for NEET 2020 physics requires candidates to possess a thorough understanding of every minor concept in order to be able to apply it to the numerical questions. For all the details on how to prepare for NEET Physics including strategies, and tips from toppers and experts candidates can check the article below.
Latest: [Head Start your preparation for medical exams with NEET Knockout Course], Click Here
1. Analyze the syllabus methodically: One of the major strategies involved in how to prepare for NEET Physics is a systematic analysis of the syllabus. The syllabus of NEET Physics consists of 29 chapters including the curriculum of both Class 11 and 12. The detailed syllabus for NEET physics preparation has been provided below.
Head Start your preparation for medical exams with NEET Knockout Course
Topic / Chapters
Physical world and measurement
Chapter–1: Physical World
Chapter-1: Electric Charges and Fields
Chapter–2: Units and Measurements
Chapter-2: Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
Chapter–3: Motion in a Straight Line
Chapter-3: Current Electricity
Chapter–4: Motion in a Plane
Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism
Laws of Motion
Chapter-4: Moving Charges and Magnetism
Chapter–5: Laws of Motion
Chapter-5: Magnetism and Matter
Work, Energy and Power
Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
Chapter–6: Work, Energy and Power
Chapter-6: Electromagnetic Induction
Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
Chapter-7: Alternating Current
Chapter–7: System of Particles and Rotational Motion
Chapter-8: Electromagnetic Waves
Properties of Bulk Matter
Chapter-9: Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
Chapter–9: Mechanical Properties of Solids
Chapter-10: Wave Optics
Chapter–10: Mechanical Properties of Fluids
Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Chapter–11: Thermal Properties of Matter
Chapter-11: Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
Atoms & Nuclei
Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
Chapter–13: Kinetic Theory
Oscillation & Waves
Chapter-14: Semiconductor Electronics
2. Know the Important Topics for NEET Physics: Preparation of NEET 2020 physics requires candidates to possess knowledge about the topics which carry more weightage than others based on analysis of previous year question papers. This strategy can prove to be very helpful to candidates wondering as to how to prepare for NEET Physics.
Heat and Thermodynamics
Simple Harmomic Motion
3. Build Conceptual Clarity: Candidates preparing for NEET Physics 2020 must always begin with a clear understanding of the concepts involved. In addition to learning the theoretical part of the concept, one must also learn to integrate the knowledge of the concepts in solving multiple choice questions and numerical based problems.
4. Choose Your Preparation Material: The main prep material for NEET Physics should be the NCERT. Candidates preparing for NEET Physics must ensure that they learn all the concepts included in the syllabus ad solve all the numericals including those covered in the example section of the NCERT. Additionally, candidates should refer to these books mentioned below to for practicing numericals and understanding how the concepts are applied.
NCERT Physics Class XI & Class XII
Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
Objective Physics By DC Pandey
Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips (Physics) by MTG
5. Master Formulas: When it comes to NEET 2020 physics, formulas form an integral part of preparation. It is necessary that candidates know and learn all the formulas. One should develop a habit of maintaining a notebook with all the important formulas and their associated concepts.
6. Practice: It is an undeniable fact that Physics preparation for NEET 2020 requires intense practice. Be it formulas, or numericals everything has to be thoroughly practiced. Regular practice introduces one to varied kinds of questions and also helps in learning to implement the concepts while solving the questions. Candidates should also practice solving previous year question papers of NEET Physics.
7. Time Yourself: Time is a very important factor in case of NEET Physics. Candidates must try and solve the NEET 2020 question paper for Physics within a limited time frame. This will help in developing speed and boost confidence for the actual exam day.
8. Solve Mock Tests: Aspirants must solve mock tests online to have an idea of the actual exam day scenario. A host of practice centres are to be set up by the NTA that would be accessible even on Saturdays and Sundays. Since NEET 2020 might be held offline, therefore, candidates are advised to take up as many mock tests as possible.
9. Make Way for Revision: It is essential for candidates preparing for NEET Physics to develop the habit of regular revision. Considering that the syllabus of NEET Physics contains numerous concepts and formulas, regular revision is the only way to keep the topics fresh in mind till the exam.
NEET 2019 AIR 2, Bhavik Bansal, who obtained full marks 180 out of 180 in the subject, shares his take on NEET Physics and says, “Physics is lengthy so I tried to give more time to this section especially to chapters like Rotation." Talking about the best books for NEET 2020 Physics, Bhavik shared that, "Students these days try to ignore Physics NCERT, thinking that it is not required. But it is well written and difficult to understand. Another book named as NCERT Exemplar can be considered as the bible for candidates who has Physics as their weaker section."
Discussing his views on NEET Physics, NEET 2018 AIR 7, Krishna Ashish Agrawal who scored 170 out of 180 in the subject, says, “Physics was a little tricky for me so I tried to pay more attention to this section. Mechanics under Physics section was the toughest topic for me. I had a prepared schedule for each section and I tried to closely follow till the last days. I studied for 6-7 hours each day and believed in my teachers whatever knowledge they imparted me I followed it.”
“For Physics, getting well-versed with the formulas is pertinent. Make a chapter-wise formula chart and practice as many questions as possible to get the important formulas at your fingertips. The most important topics in Physics include Mechanics and Electricity.” says academic expert and Head of T.I.M.E, Chennai, Anand Nagarajan.
Important study areas in NEET Physics have been analyzed by expert Aakash Chaudhary, Director of Aakash Education Services, who says, “On an average, 85% of the questions asked in NEET have an easy or average difficulty level. A large share of such questions is formula-based. Make a chapter-wise chart of all the formulae in Physics and pin it in front of your study table. It will be beneficial if you also learn all the relations as doing so will save a lot of time during the final exam. Emphasise on topics such as ‘System of Particle and Rotational Motion’, ‘Current Electricity’, ‘Semiconductor Electronics’, ‘Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter’ and ‘Optics’.”
Total Number of Questions
Physics – 45 Questions
Chemistry – 45 Questions
Biology – 90 Questions
+4 marks for each correct answer;
-1 mark for each wrong answer;
0 mark for each unanswered question
Aggregate score calculation
Total number of correct answers X 4 – Total number of incorrect answers X 1
(Note: There are no marks for attempting of questions)
Uttarakhand MBBS Application Form 2019 - HNBUMU has released Uttarakhand MBBS 2019 Application Fo...
Telangana MBBS Counselling 2019 - KNRUHS, Warangal has started choice filling for round two of Te...
Gujarat MBBS Counselling 2019 - ACPUGMEC has released round one counselling of Gujarat MBBS 2019 ...
Kerala MBBS Counselling 2019 - CEE, Kerala has released seat allotment list for AYUSH courses in ...
AP MBBS Counselling 2019 - NTRUHS has released document verification schedule for AP MBBS/ BDS 20...
very less chance to get collage in this score....
Hello Neha, getting any of the government colleges at this rank would not be possible. The 2018 closing rank cutoff for the last admitted state can...
Hey vijeta!I also heard the same news from somewhere but this is not official for atleast the year 2020. Because , if these changes would be done f...
It is difficult to say with such limited details.I would like to help you with your query but you have not mentioned category and home stat...
There is no official decleration for the second round of the medical and dental admissions in the Maharashtra state. But it can be started in the m...
Your NEET brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile