Ranked #6 in Medical category by NIRF 2023 | NAAC A++ AccreditedApply
Access premium articles, webinars, resources to make the best decisions for career, course, exams, scholarships, study abroad and much more with
Plan, Prepare & Make the Best Career Choices
Medical Colleges in Lucknow: Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, is home to some of the best medical colleges in the country. These colleges provide quality education and training in the field of medicine and are recognised for their excellent academic and research facilities. With a range of courses offered, students can opt for a range of specialisations and pursue their career goals in the medical field.
Candidates who wish to make a career in the field of medicine must check the list of top medical colleges in Lucknow. As per Careers360 data, there are 33 medical colleges in Lucknow, out of which 12 are government owned and 21 are private. The admission in medical colleges in Lucknow is granted on the basis of the top medical entrance exams of India. The top medical colleges in Lucknow offer MBBS, MD/MS/Diploma, DM/M.Ch and BAMS/BUMS courses.
To assist candidates in making an informed decision, Careers360 brings this article to top medical colleges in Lucknow. Aspirants must read the list of Lucknow top medical colleges with MBBS/MD/MS course details, NIRF rankings, admission process, as well as fee structure below.
Number of medical colleges
Number of private colleges
Number of government colleges
Admissions through entrance exams
NEET UG, NEET PG and NEET SS
MBBS, MD, MS, DM, M.Ch
Number of seats
1150 MBBS, 549 MD/MS/Diploma and 157 DM/M. Ch seats
Knowing the details on best medical colleges in Lucknow, whcih includes fees, course offered will be helpful for medical aspirants to make an informed decision before taking admission. Take a look at the top medical colleges in Lucknow and what makes them stand out from the rest.
Name of the college
Fee Range (In Rs)
MD, MS, DM
MD - 1.13 Lakhs
DM - 1.48 Lakhs
MBBS, MD, MS
MBBS - 3 Lakhs
MD - 1.17 Lakhs
MS - 1.17 Lakhs
NEET UG, NEET PG
Candidates need to be familiar with the admission process to secure a seat in top medical colleges in Lucknow. AYUSH and UP MBBS admission is granted on the grounds of the NEET UG scores, on the other hand, one needs to qualify for NEET PG in order to get admission in Lucknow or UP PG medical admission. While admission to SS courses is done as per NEET SS exam.
Candidates must know that 15% MBBS seats in medical colleges in Lucknow are reserved under AIQ. While the remaining 85% are reserved under the state quota. Similarly, For PG medical admissions, 50% seats in the best medical colleges in Lucknow are reserved under AIQ and the rest 50% under state quota. It is to be noted that in the admission to state quota seats, candidates should be a domicile of the state.
To take admission in undergraduate list of medical colleges in Lucknow, aspirants are required to qualify in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, also known as NEET UG.
On the other hand, candidates who wish to secure admission in the postgraduate medical colleges in Lucknow must clear the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Postgraduate, or NEET PG.
It is to be noted that candidates must also fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the authorities, along with clearing the entrance exams. Mentioned below are the basic eligibility criteria for candidates to admission to the list of medical colleges in Lucknow.
As per NEET-UG eligibility criteria, candidates must be a minimum of 17 years of age.
Must have passed/appeared in 10+ 2.
Mandatory subjects in 10+2 are Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects.
Qualified Class 12 or equivalent examination with 50% for general category, 40% for SC/ST/OBC and 45% for general-PH
For state quota seats, students should fulfill the NEET domicile criteria of Uttar Pradesh
As per NEET PG eligibility criteria, the candidate must be a MBBS graduate.
He/She must also hold a provisional or permanent registration with the National Medical Commission (NMC) or State Medical Council (SMC).
They must have completed a mandatory rotatory internship.
Q.1 What is the admission process to MBBS courses in Lucknow?
Ans. Admission to MBBS courses in Lucknow is granted through NEET counselling. The counselling is conducted by the state authority for 85% state quota and MCC for 15% AIQ.
Q.2 What is the eligibility criteria of MBBS courses in Lucknow?
Ans. Candidates must have passed Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as core subjects. They must have qualified NEET.
Q.3 Is medical colleges in Lucknow are best for admission?
Ans. Lucknow is one of the best destination of top medical entrance exams of India, such as KGMU, SGPGI.
Q.4 Which are the various entrance exams accepted by top medical colleges in Lucknow?
Ans. NEET, NEET PG, are the entrance exams accepted by medical colleges in Lucknow.