About FMGE 2019
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) is the authority conducting the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination or FMGE 2019. An assessment exam, FMGE 2019, will evaluate Indian nationals with a medical degree from any country outside India. Implemented since 2002, the entrance examination of FMGE 2019 will be mandatory for all Foreign Medical Graduates (FMGs) in order to be able to practice in India. FMGE is conducted twice a year in the months of June and December. Aspirants qualifying FMGE 2019 will be able to obtain a permanent or provisional registration with State Medical Council (SMC) or the Medical Council of India (MCI).
|Exam level:||National Level Exam|
|Frequency:||2 times a year|
|Conducting Body:||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
Download all details about FMGE 2019Download Brochure
FMGE 2019 Important Dates
|06 May, 2019 - 31 May, 2019 (Tentative)||(Target Jun 2019) - Application | Mode: Online|
|08 Jun, 2019 - 14 Jun, 2019 (Tentative)||(Target Jun 2019) - Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|28 Jun, 2019||(Target Jun 2019) - Exam - Part B | Mode: Online|
|28 Jun, 2019||(Target Jun 2019) - Exam - Part A | Mode: Online|
|15 Jul, 2019 - 20 Jul, 2019 (Tentative)||(Target Jun 2019) - Result | Mode: Online|
The Foreign Medical Graduates (FMGs) are required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria of FMGE 2019 in order to be able to appear in the examination. Candidates can check the FMGE 2019 eligibility criteria listed below:
- The candidates applying to FMGE 2019 June session must be either an Indian national or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- The candidates should obtain the necessary primary medical qualification and must obtain their MBBS degree before the ascertained period for a particular session. The MBBS degree of the FMGs must be awarded by institutions included in the World Directory of Medical Schools as listed by World Health Organization (WHO) or an institution duly attested by the India embassy concerned for the candidates to be recognized as medical practitioners in India.
- All the FMGs are required to provide documents in support of the primary medical education from the foreign medical institution concerned.
- Candidates with a postgraduate medical degree obtained in the countries of Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand and the United States of America need not appear in FMGE 2019 screening test as they can directly register with MCI/SMC.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
|SC, ST, General, OBC||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 5500|
|SC, ST, General, OBC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 5500|
The FMGE application form 2019 from June session will be released by NBE. Separate FMGE 2019 application forms for the different sessions in June and December will be made available by the conducting authority. The application form of FMGE 2019 will be provided in the online mode only. Candidates can check the procedure to fill in the FMGE 2019 application form mentioned below.
- Candidates need to click on the registration link of FMGE 2019 that is made available by NBE in order to register for the exam.
- In the next step, all the necessary details pertaining to the application form of FMGE 2019 must be filled out by the candidates.
- All the information provided in the FMGE 2019 application form must be correct, so candidates must thoroughly check the details before clicking on the 'Submit' button.
- The fee for application form of FMGE 2019 should be paid in the next step via Credit or Debit Card or net Banking only.
- The candidates must check the confirmation box in order to ensure successful submission of FMGE application form 2019. Candidates successfully completing the application process of FMGE 2019 will received a confirmation letter sent by NBE on their registered email IDs.
FMGE E-books and Sample Papers
The FMGE exam pattern 2019 can be checked by the aspirants below.
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Number of Papers||2|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice|
|Number of Questions||300 (150 per paper)|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours and 30 minutes per paper|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: + 1 mark, Incorrect Answer: No negative marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
NBE organized FMGE mock test 2019 for aspirants willing to appear in the examination. The Foreign Medical Graduates (FMGs) who will fill the application form will be eligible to take up FMGE 2019 mock test. Aspirants taking up the mock test of FMGE 2019 will be able to get acquainted with the test layout, and how to navigate the online examination. FMGE 2019 practice test will be released in the second week of June. Candidates are required to enter their login ID and password in order to be able to take the FMGE mock test 2019. The practice test of FMGE 2019 comprises a tutorial section and a section with sample questions. The sample test papers in FMGE mock test are, however, not indicative of the actual difficulty level of the questions to be asked in the examination. It is important that candidates take up the FMGE mock test 2019 before the actual exam in order to familiarize themselves with various aspects crucial to the entrance examination.
Candidates registering for FMGE will be issued the FMGE admit card 2019 by the NBE. The link to download FMGE 2019 admit card will be made available on the official website of the authority. Candidates can download the admit card of FMGE 2019 June session by entering their login credentials - User ID and Password. Candidates also need to paste a recent passport-sized photograph of the required specification on the FMGE 2019 hall ticket after downloading it. It is mandatory that candidates carry the admit card of FMGE 2019 and a valid photo identity proof along with them to the exam centre.
FMGE 2019 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- FMGE 2019 admit card (with a recent passport sized photograph pasted on it)
- A valid photo identity proof (PAN/Aadhar/Voter ID/Passport/Driving License)
The FMGE result 2019 will be declared by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in the second week of July. The mode of the declaration of FMGE 2019 result is only online. The result of FMGE 2019 for June session will be released in a PDF format containing the names of all the candidates who appear in the exam. The roll numbers and qualifying status of each candidate along with the marks that they obtain is indicated in the FMGE result. Candidates need to download and save a copy of the result of FMGE 2019 for future reference. The authority will later issue a notice, declaring the schedule for the issuance of pass certificate for the candidates who have qualified the FMGE 2019 June screening test. The certificate will be issued only to the candidates who will be present in-person on the stipulated time and date from the office of NBE.
FMGE 2019 Cutoff
The minimum qualifying marks that the candidates appearing in FMGE are required to obtain will be the FMGE cutoff 2019. Candidates failing to meet the FMGE 2019 cutoff will be rendered disqualified and will not be able to register with the State Medical Council or Medical Council of India. The total score of FMGE is 300 (two papers of 150 marks each). NBE has set the cutoff of FMGE 2019 at 50%, i.e. a candidate will be required to obtain at least 150 out of 300 marks (in the two papers combined) so as to qualify the exam.
Qualifying Marks Trend
Questions related to FMGE
Hello dearThe syllabus of FMGE 2019 is issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI) with the approval of Government of India. FMGE 2019 syllabus co...
Dear Hilal, FMGE is an entrance examination is for Indian Citizens/Overseas Citizens of India who have studied abroad and want to practise in India...
Dear Yojana, at this point in time, there are no such provisions for allowing Foreign medical graduates to work in India. But MCI issues temporary ...
Hiii.. In order to pursue your post graduation in India, you will first have to clear the FMGE exam The below-mentioned eligibility criteria must b...
Hi Tazkiya, eligibility certificate is necessary for FMGE regestration. It is clearly mentioned in list of documents.Thanks.
News and Articles
FMGE Result 2019
FMGE Result 2019 - NBE will announce the result of FMGE 2019 in the 3rd week of July, i...
FMGE Practice Test 2019
FMGE Practice Test 2019 - NBE will release the mock test of FMGE 2019 for June session....
FMGE Admit Card 2019
FMGE Admit Card 2019 - NBE will release the admit card of FMGE 2019 in the 1st week of ...
FMGE Exam Pattern 2019
FMGE Exam Pattern 2019 - NBE will release the exam pattern of FMGE 2019. Check FMGE 201...
FMGE Application Form 2019
FMGE Application Form 2019 - NBE will release the FMGE 2019 application form in 2nd wee...
FMGE Eligibility Criteria 2019
FMGE Eligibility Criteria 2019 - NBE will declare the eligibility criteria of FMGE 2019...
FMGE Important Dates 2019
FMGE Important Dates 2019 - NBE has announced the exam date of FMGE 2019 June session, ...
FMGE 2019 - NBE will conduct FMGE for June session on June 28, 2019. Check FMGE 2019 da...
FMGE 2015 Exam Concluded on December 10
FMGE 2015 entrance exam concluded in computer based mode on December 10, 2016 for obtai...
FMGE 2015 Syllabus
FMGE 2015 Syllabus - Candidates appearing for FMGE 2015, can check and download the syl...