About JIPMER PG 2019
The entrance examination of JIPMER PG 2019 will be conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry. JIPMER PG 2019 will be held twice a year as a computer-based test. The two sessions of JIPMER PG 2019 will start in the months of January and July. JIPMER PG 2019 entrance test will be conducted for admission to a total of 100 seats in the Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD) programmes in two of its campuses - Puducherry and Karaikal. The programmes offered through JIPMER PG 2019 are included in Clinical and Basic Clinical Sciences. JIPMER Puducherry has announced all the important dates for the July session of JIPMER PG 2019.
|Exam level:||National Level Exam|
|Frequency:||2 times a year|
|Conducting Body:||JIPMER Puducherry|
Download all details about JIPMER PG 2019Download Brochure
JIPMER PG 2019 Important Dates
|27 Feb, 2019||(Target Jan 2019) - Counselling - Final round - Start Date | Mode: Offline|
|28 Feb, 2019 - 01 Apr, 2019||(Target Jul 2019) - Application | Mode: Online|
|22 Apr, 2019 - 30 Apr, 2019 (Tentative)||(Target Jul 2019) - Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|19 May, 2019||(Target Jul 2019) - Exam | Mode: Online|
|24 May, 2019||(Target Jul 2019) - Result | Mode: Online|
|29 May, 2019 - 31 May, 2019 (Tentative)||(Target Jul 2019) - Score Card | Mode: Online|
|12 Jun, 2019||(Target Jul 2019) - Counselling - Round one | Mode: Offline|
|05 Jul, 2019||(Target Jul 2019) - Counselling - Round two | Mode: Offline|
|31 Jul, 2019||(Target Jul 2019) - Counselling - Round three | Mode: Offline|
|28 Aug, 2019||(Target Jul 2019) - Counselling - Final Round | Mode: Offline|
The following are the eligibility criteria of JIPMER PG 2019 that candidates are required to fulfil in order to be eligible for the exam.
- Candidates are required to possess a degree in MBBS from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The JIPMER PG 2019 eligibility criteria required all applicants to complete the rotatory internship of twelve months mandatorily before June 30.
- Candidates need to have an aggregate score of 55% for General/OBC category (including PwD) and 50% for ST/SC category (including PwD) in the MBBS examination.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
|OBC, General||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 1600|
|SC, ST||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 1200|
All the eligible candidates seeking admission are required to fill in the application form of JIPMER PG 2019 in order to take up the entrance examination. The various steps to fill the JIPMER PG 2019 application form are as follows:
- Candidates need to click on the 'Registration' link that has been made available on the official website, read the instructions fill in the requisite details and click on the 'Register' button. Upon successful registration, candidates will receive a User ID and password on their registered email ID and mobile number.
- Candidates will then have to use the User ID and password to login to the JIPMER PG application form 2019 and fill in the details as asked. Candidates also need to fill their exam centre choices in order of preference. JIPMER Puducherry will allocate exam centres on a first-come-first-served basis.
- In the next step, candidates will be required to upload scanned images of their passport-sized photograph and signature in the required format.
- The fee for JIPMER PG 2019 registration which is to be paid in this step can be paid online only via net banking, credit or debit cards.
- After fee payment, candidates can cross-check the filled in details by clicking on the 'Preview' button. Once thoroughly checked, candidates can submit the JIPMER PG 2019 application form by clicking on the 'Submit' button and take a printout of the same for future reference.
JIPMER PG E-books and Sample Papers
Candidates can check below the exam pattern of JIPMER PG 2019.
|Examination Mode||Computer-Based Test (Online)|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Duration of examination||3 hours|
|Question Type||Objective/Multiple Choice/Single Best Response|
|Sectional Distribution||Clinical Science - 150, Basic Clinical Science - 100|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: +4 marks, Incorrect Answer: -1 Marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
The JIPMER PG admit card 2019 will be released online by JIPMER Puducherry. Candidates will be required to download their JIPMER PG 2019 admit card by entering their User ID and password along with entering the requisite details on the link made available in the official website. The admit card of JIPMER PG 2019 will be made available in the PDF format which will include details of the candidates such as their names, application and roll numbers, date of birth and details of the exam centre. All the candidates are required to mandatorily carry a printout of the JIPMER PG 2019 admit card and a valid photo ID proof (Aadhar card or Passport) along with them to the examination hall.
JIPMER PG 2019 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- JIPMER PG 2019 admit card
- A valid photo ID proof
- A photocopy of the photo ID proof
1 Colleges Accepting Admission
The JIPMER PG result 2019 will be declared by JIPMER Puducherry on May 24, 2019. JIPMER PG 2019 result will be declared in the online mode. The result of JIPMER PG 2019 will be released in the form of merit lists – overall and category wise. The overall merit lists which will be released with JIPMER PG result 2019 will mention the names of all the candidates who appeared in the examination. JIPMER Puducherry will also released the individual rank letters for the candidates who have qualified according to JIPMER PG 2019 result. The result of JIPMER PG 2019 will mention the percentile scores and the equivalent marks obtained by the candidates. Based on the ranks obtained in JIPMER PG result 2019, the candidates will be shortlisted for the various counselling rounds.
Candidates appearing in the JIPMER postgraduate entrance examination need to meet the JIPMER PG 2019 cutoff in order to qualify in the exam. The cutoff of JIPMER PG 2019 is the minimum percentile required to be obtained by the candidates in order to qualify the exam. The JIPMER PG 2019 cutoff for the various categories has been mentioned in the table below.
|Orthopaedically Physically Handicapped (OPH) - Unreserved||45th Percentile|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (Including OPH)||40th Percentile|
Mode of Counselling: Offline
JIPMER Puducherry will conduct JIPMER PG counseling 2019 in the offline mode. The candidates will have to be physically present for JIPMER PG 2019 counselling at the specified venue on the particular date. The counselling for JIPMER PG 2019 will be held in four rounds - First, second, third, and final. Candidates who will qualify the postgraduate entrance examination by meeting the cutoff requirement specified for each category will be eligible for JIPMER PG 2019 counselling. Candidates will be called for the counselling process on the basis of their rank. It is not necessary that all the candidates who have qualified the exam will be called for the counselling except for the final round of JIPMER PG counselling 2019.
Date, venue & Reporting time of the JIPMER PG 2019 counselling
June 12, 2019
Mini-Auditorium (Fourth Floor) JIPMER ACADEMIC CENTRE
Sponsored Candidates / Foreign National Candidates & PwD- OPH candidates- Medical Board)
June 11, 2019*
Academic Section (IIIrd Floor)
JIPMER ACADEMIC CENTRE JIPMER, PUDUCHERRY-06
JIPMER PG 2019 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- JIPMER PG admit card with the seal of the invigilator
- JIPMER PG 2019 rank letter
- Passport sized photographs (four)
- Class 10 or Birth Certificate (as proof of date of birth)
- Certificate showing completion of internship
- Transfer certificate (from institution last attended)
- Certificate of conduct (from the institution last attended)
- Migration certificate (from the University last attended)
- Certificate from last institute showing that the degree awarded is MCI recognized
- Medical registration certificate (permanent or provisional)
- Proof of residence (Voter Id/Aadhar/Passport)
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, as applicable
- Medical certificate (for OPH category candidates)
Questions related to JIPMER PG
Jipmer pg I have got 69 percentile in jip pg 2019 jan session with sc catogory rank 245? Will i get a seat in final counselling?
In accordance to JIPMER 2018 PG Counselling, the closing rank for SC was 160. So in view of your rank, the chances are less but there may be times ...
Hi student,Yes of course you can appear for JIPMER entrance examination. The eligibility criteria for appearing in JIPMER is that the candidate mus...
Hi, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) Puducherry is conducted for admission to MBBS course. It is a UG e...
Hi student,You can find previous years question papers of JIPMER from our website using the following link:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.entranc...
In case if apply for the July session , wiIl I'm eligible to apply for the upcoming January session also
Dear Saravanan, No there isn't any such restriction as per the eligibility criteria of JIPMER PG. A student can appear for both the sessions, ...
News and Articles
JIPMER PG Counselling 2019
JIPMER PG Counselling 2019 – JIPMER, Puducherry has announced the details of the final ...
JIPMER PG Merit List 2019
JIPMER PG Merit List 2019 – JIPMER Puducherry will publish JIPMER PG 2019 merit list on...
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2019
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2019 – JIPMER Puducherry will release JIPMER PG 2019 exam patter...
JIPMER PG Cutoff 2019
JIPMER PG Cutoff 2019 – JIPMER Puducherry will release the JIPMER PG 2019 Cutoff for GE...
JIPMER PG Admit Card 2019
JIPMER PG Admit Card 2019 - JIPMER Puducherry is likely to release JIPMER PG 2019 Admit...
JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria 2019
JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria 2019 - Candidates who want to apply for JIPMER PG must f...
JIPMER PG Application Form 2019
JIPMER PG Application Form 2019 - JIPMER Puducherry will release the JIPMER PG 2019 App...
JIPMER PG Answer Key 2019
JIPMER PG Answer Key 2019 - JIPMER, Puducherry is unlikely to release the JIPMER PG 201...
JIPMER PG Important Dates 2019
JIPMER PG 2019 Important Dates (July session) – JIPMER Puducherry has announced the imp...
JIPMER PG 2019
JIPMER PG 2019 - JIPMER Puducherry will conduct JIPMER PG 2019 July Session on May 19, ...