About NEET PG 2021
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has announced the NEET PG exam date, which is April 18, 2021. NBE has released NEET PG 2021 brochure on February 23, with latest changes mentioned below. NBE has released the NEET PG application form 2021 on February 23. NEET PG registration 2021 has started at nbe.edu.in in online mode. Candidates who fulfil the basic eligibility criteria can register for NEET PG 2021. Every year more than 1 lakh aspirants appear for NBE NEET PG exam. Last year, a total of 1,67,102 NEET PG applications were received by NBE. NEET PG 2021 exam will be conducted for admission to around 12,690 Master of Surgery (MS), 24,306 Doctor of Medicine (MD) and 922 PG Diploma seats in 6,102 government, private, deemed/central Universities.
After completion of registration, NEET PG correction window will be available in online mode for aspirants to edit the details. The successfully registered candidates can download NEET PG admit card 2021 by entering the user ID and password. The hall ticket with relevant documents must be carried to the NEET PG exam centre. This year, NEET PG 2021 exam will be conducted at 255 exam centres across India. In NEET PG, questions will be asked from Pre-Clinical, Clinical and Para-Clinical subjects taught in MBBS. NEET PG 2021 result will be announced by May 31, in PDF format.
Based on the result, NBE NEET PG merit list will be released mentioning All India Rank for 50% All India Quota candidates. Based on the rank in NEET PG 2021, the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will conduct counselling for 50% AIQ, Deemed/Central Universities, ESIC/AFMS institutes. While the remaining 50% state quota seats and all private college seats will be allotted by respective state counselling authority. On the basis of NEET PG rank, choices of colleges and specializations filled, seats available, reservation criteria and other factors, the admission to NEET PG seats will be done.
Changes in NEET PG 2021 exam:
- Increase in NEET PG application fee: This year, the NBE NEET PG registration fee for General and OBC candidates is Rs. 5,015, while for SC/ST/PwD is Rs. 3,835. Last year, the application fee for UR/OBC was Rs. 3,750 and for SC/ST/PH it was Rs. 2,750.
- Hike in NEET PG 2021 exam centres: As per the brochure, NEET PG 2021 exam will be conducted in 255 cities of India. Last year, the exam was held at 162 cities.
- Change in exam timings: With the release of NEET PG brochure, the exam timings have been changed. NEET PG 2021 will begin from 2:00 PM to 5:30 PM. The entry for the candidates will begin at 12:00 noon.
- Number of questions reduced: The number of questions asked in NEET PG has been reduced to 200. Till last year, a total of 300 multiple choice questions were asked. NEET PG 2021 syllabus will be released soon.
- Reduction in NEET PG total marks: With the deduction in number of questions, NEET PG total marks 2021 has also been reduced to 800. As per the marking scheme, 4 marks will be allotted for every correct response, while one mark to be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Tie-breaking process reduced: NBE has reduced the methodology to break the tie between NEET PG merit rank. This year, four method will be used to break the tie - (i) greater number of correct responses, (ii) lesser number of negative responses, (iii) older candidate and (iv) higher aggregate marks (in percentage) in all MBBS professional exam
NEET PG 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate|
|Short Exam Name||NEET PG|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||5015 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online / Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
NEET PG Admit Card 2021 will be released by NBE on April 12, 2...
Tamil Nadu MBBS application form 2021 will be released in an o...
KEA will conduct the Karnataka PG 2021 medical counselling on ...
NEET PG 2021 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
23 Feb, 2021 - 15 Mar, 2021
Application | Mode: Online Ongoing
19 Mar, 2021 - 21 Mar, 2021
Application Correction | Mode: Online
18 Apr, 2021
Exam | Mode: Online
12 Apr, 2021 - 18 Apr, 2021
Admit Card | Mode: Online
31 May, 2021 (Tentative)
Result | Mode: Online
Past Dates and Events
23 Feb, 2021
Advertisement | Mode: Online
Candidates who wish to appear for NBE NEET PG 2021, must check the required eligibility criteria below.
- Candidates must possess a valid MBBS degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), and have an MBBS degree or provisional certificate to that effect.
- Completion of the rotatory internship on or before June 30, 2021.
- Provisional or permanent medical registration certificate issued by MCI or a State Medical Council. This must be carried on the day of the exam and during admission.
- Candidates who have studied/qualified MBBS from Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. Only candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to study MBBS from Medical Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring this.
- Applicants who have completed their MBBS degree from outside India must have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE)
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
NEET PG 2021 has been released from February 23, 3:00 PM onwards at nbe.edu.in. Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria can fill the application form for NEET-PG 2021. Candidates must submit the application form by the NEET PG application form last date at nbe.edu.in NEET PG 2021. Candidates must ensure that the information filled in NEET PG application form is correct as forms with incorrect or incomplete details will be rejected by NBE. Applicants can check the steps to fill application form of NBE NEET PG 2021 below:
- Fill the registration form for obtaining User ID and Password
- User ID and password will be then, sent through SMS and Email
- Fill the application form - Personal Details, Qualification Details (MBBS / Primary Medical Qualification details, Internship Details, SMC/MCI Registration Details), Test Center Details
- Upload a recent passport size photograph (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) and signature (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) signature
- Choose test city
- Make a payment of fees in the online mode through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Take a print out of the filled application form with transaction ID printed on it.
Important: Test City will be confirmed only after payment of fee is successful.
NEET PG Correction Window 2021
The correction window of NEET PG application form 2021 will be made available in an online mode. With the help of the correction window, applicants will be able to edit some details in their NEET PG 2021 application form. The details that can be edited during NEET PG correction window include
- Date of Birth
- Category of the Candidate
- Physical Disability Status
- EWS status
The following details cannot be corrected in the NEET 2021 application form:
- Name of the Candidate
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Testing City
For any query/clarification/assistance on NEET PG, candidates can write to NBE at email@example.com or call NBE Candidate Care helpdesk Toll Free number - 1800 267 4003.
Note: The email should mention the name of the sender, application ID, correspondence address and mobile number.
|OBC, General||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 5015|
|SC, ST||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 3835|
|SC, OBC, ST, General||PWD||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 3835|
NEET PG 2021 Syllabus
Social and preventive medicine
General medicine including dermatology and venerelogy and psychiatry
General surgery including orthopedics, anesthesia and radiodiagnosis
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
NBE NEET PG 2021 will be conducted in a computer-based mode on April 18, 2021. Candidates are advised to go through the exam pattern of NEET PG 2021 provided below.
|Mode of NEET PG 2021 Examination||Computer-based Test|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Medium of the Question paper||English|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Pattern||Correct Answer: +4 marks, Incorrect Answer: - 1 marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
NEET PG 2021 Mock Test
NBE will release a demo test of NEET PG 2021 for all registered candidates. This will be to aid all aspirants appearing for the entrance exam in preparing well by understanding the concept of the computer based test. To avail the mock test, aspirants will have to check the official website, click on the link given therein and start practising using the NEET PG 2021 demo test.
Some pointers to use the NEET PG Demo Test:
- The login is a dummy window. So candidates must click on "Sign In" to start the test.
- The test is generally for 20 minutes and has a timer and all factors available in the actual test.
- No scores will be given for the demo test of NEET PG.
- No correct answers will also be given. Candidates will have to look those up.
The NEET PG admit card 2021 will be released by the NBE in an online mode. Only successfully registered candidates will be able to download the admit card of NEET PG 2021. Candidates can download the NEET PG admit card by entering their user ID and password until the exam day. Upon downloading the admit card of NEET PG 2021, candidates will be required to affix a recent passport-sized photograph on the admit card.
Steps to download NEET PG admit card 2021
Go to the official website - nbe.edu.in
Enter the user ID, password, and captcha code to login
The NEET PG 2021 admit card will be displayed on the screen
Verify the details mentioned in the hall ticket of NEET PG 2021
Download and take printout of the NEET PG hall ticket 2021
NEET PG 2021 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- NEET PG 2021 admit card (with a recent passport sized photograph pasted on it)
- A valid photo-identity proof (PAN/Aadhar/Driving License/Passport/Voter Id)
- Photocopy of State Medical Council/Medical Council of India registration (Provisional/Permanent)
- Original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead for Indian/OCI citizen who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualification outside India
- Candidates carrying E-Aadhaar cards are required to ensure that the photograph is clear and matches their face at the time of exam.
NBE will release the NEET PG 2021 result along with the scorecard in an online mode. All the qualified candidates will be able to download the NEET PG scorecard using user ID and password. The result of NEET PG 2021 will mention candidate's roll number, All India Rank and marks (out of 800). In order to qualify NBE NEET PG 2021, candidates need to secure the minimum cutoff percentile in the result. Last year, as many as 89,549 aspirants qualified the NEET PG exam.
How to check NEET PG 2021 result?
- Candidates must click on the result link given on the official website
- They must enter their user ID and password
- The result will be displayed and must be downloaded by candidates
The NEET mark sheet cum result certificate can be downloaded to be used for admissions. This is in actual the result. The NEET scores will be passed on to the respective states to be used for their respective counselling procedures.
NBE will release the cutoff of NEET PG 2021 along with the result in an online mode. The cutoff of NEET PG 2021 is the minimum marks that candidates need to score to qualify the exam. The NEET PG cutoff is decided by NBE and varies for different categories. In the previous session, NBE along with MCI and MoHFW reduced the NEET PG cutoff percentile by 20. Candidates can check NEET 2021 cutoff in the table below.
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
|Category||Minimum Eligibility Criteria||Cut-off score (out of 1200)||Previous year revised cutoff percentile|
|General Category (UR/EWS)||50th Percentile||366||30th percentile|
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)||40th Percentile||319||20th percentile|
|UR-PWD||45th Percentile||342||25th percentile|
Mode of Counselling: Online, Offline
NEET PG counselling 2021 will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee) for the seats under All India Quota and in Central and Deemed universities, while the state quota seat allotment process will be conducted by respective state counselling authorities. Only the qualified candidates will be eligible to participate for NEET PG 2021 counselling.
All India Counselling of NEET PG 2021 will be for
- All India 50% quota
- Medical Educational Institutions of Central Govt.
- AFMS Institutions
- Universities established by an act of Parliament
- Deemed Universities
State Level NEET PG 2021 counselling will be for
- State Quota Seats in Government/Private Medical Institutions in a State Institutions established by State. Govt.
- Universities established by an Act of State / Union Territory Legislature, Municipal Bodies Trust, society, Company or Minority Institutions
MCC will release the provisional first allotment list of NEET PG counselling 2021, while the final result will be made available later. Once the seats are allotted, aspirants need to provide an option for up-gradation and also download the allotment letter. Thereafter, report to the allotted college with the relevant documents.
Only the qualified candidates who will secure the minimum cutoff percentile will be required to register with the counselling bodies. Two rounds of NEET PG 2021 counselling will be held. The mop-up round of NEET PG counselling will be conducted only for Deemed and Central Universities. Candidates allotted seats through NEET PG counselling 2021 will be required to report to the allotted colleges within the stipulated time for admission purposes.
Documents Required at Counselling
- NEET PG 2021 admit card issued by NBE
- NEET PG 2021 result/score card
- MBBS mark sheets of first, second and third professional examinations
- Provisional/degree certificate of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/provisional registration certificate issued by MCI
- High school/higher secondary/date of birth certificate as proof of birth date
- A valid photo-identity proof (PAN/Aadhar/voter ID/Passport/driving licence)
- SC/ST/OBC/OPH certificate (as applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is the attempt limit for NEET PG?
There is no limit to the number of attempts in NEET PG 2021.
Question: How many seats are offered through NEET PG 2021?
As many as 12, 690 Master of Surgery, 24,306 Doctor of Medicine, 922 PG Diploma and 1,338 DNB CET seats will be offered through NEET PG 2021.
Question: Which institutes do not accept admissions through NEET PG?
AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS, PGIMER, Chandigarh, JIPMER, Puducherry, NIMHANS, Bengaluru and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum are the institutes which do not accept NEET PG scores.
Question: Is NEET PG counselling 2021 conducted online?
Yes, the counselling of NEET PG is conducted in online mode.
Question: Is Aadhar card mandatory for NEET PG 2021?
According to the guidelines set by NBE for NEET PG 2021. it is mandatory for candidates to have Aadhar cards.
Question: What is the withheld NEET PG results?
NBE will withheld NEET PG 2021 result for such aspirants whose MBBS mark sheets and other documents will not be submitted by the last date. These candidates have to send these certificates/documents to the authority.
Question: When NEET PG 2021 will be conducted?
NEET PG will be conducted on April 18, 2021.
Question: When will NEET PG registration 2021 begin?
NEET PG application form 2021 has started from February 23, 3:00 PM onwards.
Questions related to NEET PG
when neet pg occurs after internship or before internships
You cannot give Neet PG examination before completing your one year rotatory internship, you must complete your one year rotatory internship by 31st March of the year in which you are going to be attempting Neet PG
For your reference I have provided Neet PG eligibility criteria below:-
-) educational qualification requirement :- to be eligible one must possess an MBBS degree recognised by Medical Council of India
-) it is also mandatory to have MBBS qualification registration either permanent or provisional issued by MCI or State Medical Council i. e SMC
-) the aspirant should complete the one year internship by 31st March of the year in which attempting Neet PG i.e by 31st March 2021 in case of neet pg 2021
You can get the detailed information in our page the link is provided below:-
I have successfully registered for NEET Pg but now I am noticing that I chose the wrong center. can I change my center during edit window?
No,you can not edit the exam center as it is advised already to fill the form carefully.You can only edit your personal details not candidate name including category but for exam center it is advised already to choose center near your location so you can not edit the center in NEET PG correction window as it is mentioned in the information bulletin that test city will be not editable on the official website of neet pg
I HAVE SUBMITTED MY NEET PG FORM ON 28 FEB 2021 I HAVE DONE THE TRANSECTION MY BANK ACCOUNT NOTIFICATION SHOWED RS.5015 DEDUCTED FROM MY ACCOUNT STILL MY APPLICATION FORM SHOWS PENDING PAYMENT STATUS I DISCUSSED WITH THE HELPLINE DESK TOO NO OUTCOME HELP ME WITH THIS
I am facing the same issue.
Did you get your payment back?
I have filled neet pg 2021 application form but in last i got an error while doing payment step and it closed automatically and again logging into application it shows me as application has been submitted successfully but payment is pending ,my money also didnt got deducted.Please help me sir.
See as per the problem you have mentioned in the question you should try to make the payment again because the payment amount has not been deducted from your account as well so please make the payment and complete your application process.
It is known that NBE has released the online application form of NEET PG 2021 at nbe.edu,in on February 23rd so if you want to fill it, fill it before March 15th 2021 which is the las date to apply. Complete application process is described below :-
- Fill the registration form available at ( https://cdn3.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/1815/68635/Index.html ) for obtaining User ID and Password.
- User ID and password will be, sent to you through SMS and Email.
- After getting the USER ID and Password re-login to fill the application form - Personal Details, Qualification Details (MBBS / Primary Medical Qualification details, Internship Details, SMC/MCI Registration Details), Test Center Details.
- Upload a recent passport size photograph (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) and signature (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) signature.
- Choose test city and note that your Test city will only be confirmed after the successful payment of application fee.
- You can make make a payment of application fees in the online mode either through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Now you should take a print out of the filled application form with transaction ID printed on it for future purposes and also you should remember your USER ID and Password otherwise you won't be able to check your result or download your Admit card for examination.
For complete NEET PG 2021 Application process kindly check out the link given below :-
For complete details about NEET PG 2021 kindly check out the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.
ny state registration expired on 6th january can i still apply for neet pg with expired permanent registration
This is not acceptable as the documents which needs to be submitted in the NEET form at the time of registration should be correct because that forms the foundation of a student at the time of counseling for admission.
In your case I will suggest you to talk to the helpline numbers available on their website or helpline mail and discuss your problem with them. If they allow go for it. If there is time with you you can get it reissued from the state office near your house.
As giving wrong details or expired documents might impose problem while counseling if you got selected and it may even lead to cancellation of your admission.
Hope that helps.