- Medicine and Allied Sciences Exams
- NEET PG Exam
Latest Update for NEET PG
- 26 Mar 2023:
NEET PG 2023 scorecard available; Download here!
- 14 Mar 2023:
NEET PG result 2023 out; Check here!
- 05 Mar 2023:
Check NEET PG 2023 exam analysis here!
Stay up-to date with NEET PG News
About NEET PG 2024
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducts the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Postgraduate (NEET-PG) exam for admission to around 26,168 Doctor of Medicine (MD), 13,649 Master of Surgery (MS) and 922 PG Diploma in 6,102 government, private, deemed/central universities.
The registrations for NEET PG 2024 will be conducted on NBE's official website which is nbe.edu.in. The NBE will open the NEET 2024 application form window for a specific period of time. Aspirants must enter valid and authentic details in the NEET PG 2024 registration form to avoid any trouble in the future stages of the admission process. The NBE will also open the NEET PG 2024 edit window for candidates to rectify details filled in the form.
Graduates who will submit the application forms within the stipulated time period will be issued the NEET PG 2024 admit card. NBE will also inform students about the NEET PG admit card 2024 through a message on the registered number. The NEET PG admit card 2024 will mention the name of the candidate, roll number, applicant number, date of birth, exam date and time, reporting time, exam centre address, and other exam day guidelines. The hall ticket must be downloaded and carried at the NEET PG 2024 exam centre along with the relevant documents for verification purposes.
The NEET PG 2024 exam will be held in a computer-based mode, wherein, candidates need to attempt a total of 200 multiple-choice questions in three hours and thirty minutes. As per the NEET PG 2024 marking scheme, four marks will be awarded for every correct answer, while one mark will be deducted for each incorrect response. The NBE will declare the NEET PG result 2024 at nbe.edu.in mentioning the roll number and scores obtained (out of 800). In the previous year's session of NEET PG 2024, a total of 2,08,898 candidates appeared in the exam at 902 examination centres spread across 277 cities.
The NEET PG 2024 scorecard will be released for graduates who will crack the exam. After the declaration of the results, the MCC will conduct the NEET PG 2024 counselling for admission to 50% All India Quota (AIQ), 50% state quota, 100% deemed/central universities, and ESIC/AFMS institutes. A total of 4 rounds of AIQ - round 1, round 2, mop-up round and stray vacancy round will be held. During the NEET PG counselling 2024, candidates have to register, pay fees and fill out their choice of courses and colleges. On the basis of the choices filled by the graduates, NEET PG 2024 rank and seat availability, admission will be granted.
NEET PG 2024 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate|
|Short Exam Name||NEET PG|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||4250 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online / Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
Download all details about NEET PG 2024Download Brochure
NEET PG 2024 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
11 Aug, 2023
(Target 2023) - Internship completion date - Start Date | Mode: Online
Candidates who wish to appear for NBE NEET PG 2024, must check the required eligibility criteria below.
- A valid MBBS degree from an institution recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI), and an MBBS degree or provisional certificate to that effect.
- Completion of the rotatory internship.
- Provisional or permanent medical registration certificate issued by MCI or a State Medical Council. This must be carried out on the day of the exam and during admission.
- Candidates who have studied/qualified MBBS from Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. Only candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to study MBBS from Medical Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring this.
- Applicants who have completed their MBBS degree from outside India must have qualified for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE)
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
NEET 2024 application form can be filled in the steps mentioned below.
- Visit nbe.edu.in and click on the NEET PG 2024 tab
- Click on the 'new registration' tab and enter the asked details.
- User ID and password will be then, sent through SMS and Email
- Fill out the application form - Personal Details, Qualification Details (MBBS / Primary Medical Qualification details, Internship Details, SMC/MCI Registration Details), Test Center Details
- Upload a recent passport-size photograph (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) and signature (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) signature
- Choose test city
- Make a payment of fees in the online mode through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Take a printout of the filled application form with the transaction ID printed on it.
Important: Test City will be confirmed only after payment of the fee is successful.
NEET PG Correction Window 2024
With the help of the correction window, applicants will be able to edit some details in their NEET PG 20244 application form. The details that can be edited during the NEET PG correction window include
- Date of Birth
- Category of the Candidate
- Physical Disability Status
- EWS status
The following details cannot be corrected in the NEET 2024 application form:
- Name of the Candidate
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Testing City
For any query/clarification/assistance on NEET PG, candidates can write to NBE at email@example.com or call the NBE Candidate Care helpdesk Toll Free number - 1800 267 4003.
Note: The email should mention the name of the sender, application ID, correspondence address and mobile number.
|EWS, General, OBC||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 4250|
|ST, SC||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 3250|
|General, OBC, ST, SC||PWD||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 3250|
Social and preventive medicine
General medicine including dermatology and venerelogy and psychiatry
General surgery including orthopedics, anesthesia and radiodiagnosis
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
A proper preparation strategy boosts the confidence of the candidate making them mentally strong enough to face the examination with more determination. A few tips to prepare effectively for NEET PG 2024 exam are given below.
NEET PG preparation tips:
- Start preparing the NEET PG 2024 syllabus as early as possible
- Work on the clinical concepts first
- Prepare every topic including those too which have less weightage
- Practice the NEET PG previous year's question paper
- Attempt NEET PG 2024 mock tests
- Keep yourself stress-free
Candidates are advised to go through the exam pattern of NEET PG 2024 provided below.
NEET PG exam pattern 2024
|Mode of NEET PG 2024 exam||Computer-based Test|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Medium of the Question paper||English|
|Number of Questions||200 |
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|NEET PG 2024 marking scheme||Correct Answer: +4 marks, Incorrect Answer: - 1 marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
NEET PG E-books and Sample Papers
NEET PG Preparation Tips 2024
NEET PG 2023 Marks Vs Rank
NEET PG 2022 Question Paper with Answer Key (Memory-based)
NEET PG Free Mock Test
NEET PG 2024 Mock Test
NBE releases a demo test of NEET PG 2024 for all registered candidates. This is to aid all aspirants appearing for the entrance exam in preparing well by understanding the concept of the computer-based test. To avail of the mock test, aspirants have to check the official website, click on the link given therein, and start practising using the NEET PG 2024 demo test.
Some pointers to use the NEET PG Demo Test:
- The login is a dummy window. So candidates must click on "Sign In" to start the test.
- The test is generally for 20 minutes and has a timer and all factors available in the actual test.
- No scores will be given for the demo test of NEET PG.
- No correct answers will also be given. Candidates will have to look those up.
Registered candidates will be able to download the NEET PG 2024 admit card by entering their user ID and password until the exam day. Upon downloading the admit card of NEET PG 2024, candidates will be required to affix a recent passport-sized photograph on the hall ticket.
Steps to download NEET PG admit card 2024
Go to the official website - nbe.edu.in and select the "NEET PG 2024" tab.
Click on the "applicant login".
Enter the user ID and password to log in
Click on the NEET PG 2024 admit card tab.
Verify the details mentioned in the hall ticket of NEET PG 2024
Download and take a printout of the NEET PG hall ticket 2024
NEET PG 2024 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- NEET PG admit card (with a recent passport sized photograph pasted on it)
- A valid photo-identity proof (PAN/Aadhar/Driving License/Passport/Voter Id)
- Photocopy of State Medical Council/Medical Council of India registration (Provisional/Permanent)
- Original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead for Indian/OCI citizen who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualification outside India
- Candidates carrying E-Aadhaar cards are required to ensure that the photograph is clear and matches their face at the time of exam.
635 Colleges Accepting Admission Click here
through NEET PG
NEET PG 2024 Student Reactions
Careers360 guide medical graduates at every step of NEET PG counselling. We solve their queries with the live webinars and e-books are also delivered to the post-graduate medical aspirants. Important notifications and announcements regarding NEET PG counselling events are regularly updated, so that candidates do not miss out on any important information.
Here are some success stories of medical graduates sharing there inspiring journey with Careers360.
The result PDF of NEET PG 2024 mentions the candidate's roll number and marks (out of 800). Candidates who will qualify for the NEET PG 2024 exam will be able to download their scorecards. In order to qualify for NBE NEET PG 2024, candidates need to secure the minimum cutoff percentile in the result.
How to check NEET PG 2024 result?
- Visit natboard.edu.in and click on the NEET PG 2024 result link, when available.
- Enter their user ID and password
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Download the result for future reference.
The cutoff of NEET PG 2024 is the minimum marks that candidates need to score to qualify for the exam. Candidates can check the NEET PG cutoff for the previous session in the table below.
NEET PG Cutoff
Cut-off scores out of 800 (2023)
General / EWS
SC/ST/ OBC (Including PwBD of SC/ST/OBC)
Mode of Counselling: Online, Offline
The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is the conducting authority of the NEET PG 2024 for admission to 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats, all deemed/central universities and ESIC/AFMS colleges. On the other hand, the state quota seat allotment process will be conducted by the respective state counselling authorities. Only qualified candidates will be eligible to participate in NEET PG 2024 counselling.
All India Counselling of NEET PG 2024 include
- All India 50% quota
- Medical Educational Institutions of Central Govt.
- AFMS Institutions
- Universities established by an act of Parliament
- Deemed Universities
State Level NEET PG 2024 counselling include
- State Quota Seats in Government/Private Medical Institutions in the State Institutions established by State. Govt.
- Universities established by an Act of State / Union Territory Legislature, Municipal Bodies Trust, society, Company or Minority Institutions
Once the seats are allotted, aspirants need to provide an option for up-gradation and also download the allotment letter. Thereafter, report to the allotted college with the relevant documents.
Only the qualified candidates who will secure the minimum cutoff percentile will be required to register with the counselling bodies. Two rounds of NEET PG 2024 counselling will be held.
The mop-up round of NEET PG counselling will be conducted only for Deemed and Central Universities. Candidates allotted seats through NEET PG counselling 2024 will be required to report to the allotted colleges within the stipulated time for admission purposes.
Documents Required at Counselling
- NEET PG admit card issued by NBE
- NEET PG result/score card
- MBBS mark sheets of first, second and third professional examinations
- Provisional/degree certificate of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/provisional registration certificate issued by MCI
- High school/higher secondary/date of birth certificate as proof of birth date
- A valid photo-identity proof (PAN/Aadhar/voter ID/Passport/driving licence)
- SC/ST/OBC/OPH certificate (as applicable)
|Validity of Exam Result:||For 1 Year|
|Mode of Exam:||Online|
|Relevant Links:||Official Website Link Click Here|
Trending Articles around NEET PG
Top Colleges accepting NEET PG
Other Trending Articles
Upcoming Medicine Exams
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:Is NEET PG counselling 2024 conducted online?
Yes, the counselling of NEET PG is conducted in online mode.
Question:What is the withheld NEET PG results?
NBE withholds NEET PG 2024 results for aspirants whose MBBS mark sheets and other documents will not be submitted by the last date. These candidates have to send these certificates/documents to the authority.
Question:Is Aadhar card mandatory for NEET PG 2024?
According to the guidelines set by NBE for NEET PG 2024, it is mandatory for candidates to have Aadhar cards.
Question:What is the attempt limit for NEET PG?
There is no limit to the number of attempts in NEET PG 2024.
Question:Which institutes do not accept admissions through NEET PG?
AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS, PGIMER, Chandigarh, JIPMER, Puducherry, NIMHANS, Bengaluru and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum are the institutes which do not accept NEET PG scores.
Question:How many seats are offered through NEET PG 2024?
As many as 12,690 Master of Surgery, 24,306 Doctor of Medicine, 922 PG Diploma and 1,338 DNB CET seats will be offered through NEET PG 2024.
Question:When the NEET PG application form 2024 will be released?
The NEET PG 2024 application form date is yet to be announced.
NEET PG Updates and Notifications
Questions related to NEET PG
What is the DM WIMS Wayanad NEET PG Cutoff rank?
The candidates who are interested in MS/MD admissions at the institute have to appear for the NEET PG examination. As per the DM WIMS Wayanad NEET PG Cutoff 2022, there is an opening and closing rank and the cutoff rank varies for each programme. The DM WIMS Wayanad NEET PG Cutoff ranges between 9151-78109 under the general category.
What is the NEET PG cutoff 2022 for MD Anesthesiology?
The NEET PG cutoffs are released in the form of Opening and Closing Ranks. The Opening rank is 9973 while the closing rank is 24970.
What is the NEET PG Cutoff rank for MS General Surgery?
There is an opening and closing rank for the course MS General Surgery in the TNMC Mumbai NEET PG cutoff 2022. The MS General Surgery programme has an opening all-India rank of 86 and a closing all-India rank of 253.
What is the cut-off for NEET PG in D Y Patil Medical College?
Candidates who are interested in getting admission for the MS/MD programmes have to appear for the NEET PG examination and secure a valid score in it. The D Y Patil Medical College NEET PG Cutoff 2022 changes for each programme and for each category. The D Y Patil medical college cutoff rank for NEET PG rank ranges from 35841 to 154550 under the general category.
My Son completed MBBS from BMCH Chitradurga affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University Bangalore. he will appear in NEET PG to be held in March 2023. His interest in Respiratory Medicine ,if he fails to get required marks how much I need to pay for a good college in Bangalore.
Hope you are doing well,
For PG in respiratory medicine candidates needs to apply for 'MD in Pulmonology and respiratory medicine'. There are numerous colleges in india that offers this courses. However you have mentioned that candidate has already complicated UG from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences so here are some colleges for MD in Pulmonology and Respiratory Medicine in Karnataka, you can check them out :
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
Vydehi Institute of Medical Science and Research Centre, Bangalore
Raja Rajeshwari Medical College and Hospital, Banglore
To know more about these colleges read the article below,
For fees structure, if the candidate gets a seat in government college under government quota then fees would be around 7 lakhs to 8 lakhs per year. If candidate gets a seat in private college under government quota then the fees might be around 15-25 lakhs and for management quota seats fees can go above 35 lakhs as well.
However, I would like to tell you that the candidate is yet to appear for the exam and with an optimistic mindset you should help him prepare for good score in NEET PG.
You can also predict chances of your admission in medical college according to your score, rank or location by using NEET PG COLLEGE PREDICTOR tool, tap on the link below,
Hope you find this helpful
Drop your queries for more information
All the best!!
Your National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate 2024 (NEET PG) brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id “”.
Sign In/Sign Up
We endeavor to keep you informed and help you choose the right Career path. Sign in and access our resources on Exams, Study Material, Counseling, Colleges etc.
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile