What is NEET UG?
NEET UG Application Details
Registration and filling of application form
- Visit the CBSE NEET official website and download the NEET information brochure
- Read the brochure thoroughly to ascertain the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates can also check the number of seats reserved for different caste categories, entrance exam dos and don’ts, validity of merit list and rank etc.
- After ascertaining eligibility, start filling the online registration form from the same site to generate a registration number and set a password.
- Proceed to fill the application form, entering all the details and filling all fields as required.
Review filled-in application details
- During this stage, candidates have to carefully check all the details as mentioned in the application form. In case of any incorrect spelling, number and any other information, candidates can edit the details by clicking on the ‘Back’ button.
- If information provided is correct, candidates can click on the ‘Final Submission’ button to switch to the next step of application form. Candidates then have to enter the OTP which will be sent on their registered mobile number and Email ID.
Uploading of Image, Signature and Right hand index finger impression
During this step, candidates have to login again using their registration number and password received during the online registration, i.e, Step 1. Candidates have to upload their images, signatures and right hand index finger impression in the following digital format:
Image: It should be in JPEG format between 10 KB and 100 KB in size
Signature: It should be in JPEG format between 3 KB and 20 KB in size
NEET Application Fee Payment
The application fee can be in paid in both online and offline modes. Candidates can select any of the following payment fee method:
Online mode: Application fee amount can be paid via Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking.
Offline mode: Application fee amount can be paid via e-challan by depositing fee in CBSE’s bank account in Syndicate Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India and HDFC Bank generated at the time of online registration.
Generate NEET application form confirmation page
- After completing the above steps of NEET application form, candidates have to generate a confirmation page by clicking on the ‘Confirmation’ link.
NEET Application Fee
Application Fee (without late fee)
General and OBC
According to the official NEET notification released on March 8, 2018, Aadhaar is no longer a mandatory requirement in the NEET application form.
- National citizens and ordinary residents of India can use any valid Government identity document such as Aadhaar, ration card, passport, bank account passbook, driving license or voter ID to submit details in the NEET application form.
- NRI applicants can submit Aadhaar Number or Passport Number while filling the online application of NEET.
- For Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online NEET application.
NEET UG Eligibility Criteria
[As per the interim orders issued by the Delhi High Court on February 26 and 28, the new NEET eligibility criteria as given below have been stayed till April 24, 2018. All candidates above the lower age limit and who secure the required marks in Class 12 are eligible to apply to NEET 2018 for now].
- The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31 of the year of their admission to the first year MBBS/BDS course. Only candidates born on or before January 1, 2002 will be eligible.
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Foreign Nationals are all eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.
- THe NEET upper age limit of 25 years for Unreserved candidates and 30 years for Reserved category candidates has been reintroduced from NEET 2018 onwards. Candidates should be born on or after May 7, 1993 (1988 in case of reserved candidates) and on or before January 1, 2002.
- There is no cap on the number of attempts.
With regard to the General Category, the candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology in the qualifying examination. For candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination must be minimum 40%. Further, for persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH will be required.
- Candidates from NIOS Board are ineligible for NEET 2018. Also, candidates who have studied Biology only as an additional subject at Class 10+2 level will not be eligible.
- Gap year between Class 11 and 12 is not permitted. Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology with practicals, in addition to English, in both Classes 11 and 12 in two continuous years.
NEET UG Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
NEET UG Exam Pattern
Exam Format: Objective
Number of Sections: Three
|NEET UG Exam Section||Number of Topics||Number of Questions||Section Score|
NEET UG Counselling Details
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts centralized online counselling for NEET
- Click on the official link of NEET Counselling
- Register for counselling, Choice Filling and Locking
- Process of Seat Allotment Round - 1
- Publication of Result- Round 1
- Process of Seat Allotment Round 2
- Publication of Result- Round 2
QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!
- 24511 Joined
- 24037 Questions