About PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019
The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh will conduct PGIMER 2019 in the online mode. The admission to PGIMER will be taken through two sessions - January and July. PGIMER 2019 will offer seats in four of its Master of Surgery (MS) and sixteen Doctor of Medicine (MD) courses. A total of around 236 seats in the two disciplines combined will be provided by PGIMER 2019. The process of admission to PGIMER 2019 will be entirely on merit basis and according to the ranks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination.
|Exam level:||National Level Exam|
|Frequency:||2 times a year|
|Conducting Body:||PGIMER Chandigarh|
Download all details about PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019Download Brochure
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
Candidates must check the PGIMER 2019 eligibility criteria and ensure that they meet the required terms before applying for the examination. The eligibility criteria of PGIMER 2019 has been listed below.
- Candidates are required to possess a degree in MBBS from an institution that is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates applying to PGIMER 2019 must possess a registration certificate issued by the State or Central Medical Registration Council.
- All candidates must complete the rotatory internship of one year before the date assigned for each session by PGIMER 2019.
Mode of Application : Offline and Online
Mode of Payment : Bank Challan | Other
|SC, ST||Offline||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 800|
|General, OBC||Offline||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 1000|
Aspirants seeking admission to PGIMER must fill in the PGIMER application form 2019 in order to be able to appear in the entrance examination. The PGIMER 2019 application form has been made available in the online mode. The steps to fill in the application form of PGIMER 2019 have been listed below.
- Candidates need to click on the 'Apply Now' button on the official website of PGIMER 2019 post which they would be required to enter all the details as asked and verify the details by clicking on the 'Continue' button.
- Candidates must ensure that all the details entered are correct and then click on the 'Submit' button. This signifies the end of the registration process after which a User ID and Password will be sent to candidates' registered email ID and mobile numbers.
- Candidates must note down the User ID and Password as they would be required for future logins. Using these details candidates must log in to their application form of PGFIMER 2019 and fill in the other details.
- Scanned images of photograph, signature, MBBS degree or provisional certificate, certificate showing internship completion and category certificate (if applicable) are to be uploaded in the next step. The images should be in the required format and size.
- After completing the process of filling in the PGIMER 2019 application form, candidates are required to pay the application fee. The fee for PGIMER application form 2019 can be paid either through SBI e-challan or through SBI i-collect (for candidates with SBI bank accounts).
- The details of the fee payment have to be uploaded in the application form and then submitted online. Candidates must also take a print out copy of the submitted PGIMER 2019 application form as it will be required at the time of counselling.
The PGIMER 2019 exam pattern has been provided below. Candidates appearing for the entrance examination can go through the exam pattern of PGIMER 2019.
|Mode of Examination||Pen and paper-based (offline)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice/Single Best Response|
|Number of Questions||250|
|Scheme of marks||Correct Answer: Positive Marks, Incorrect Answer: Negative marks, Unanswered Question: No marks|
The admit card of PGIMER 2019 has been released by PGIMER, Chandigarh on November 15, 2018. Candidates who fulfills the requisite eligibility criteria and fill in the application form will be issued PGIMER 2019 admit card. PGIMER, Chandigarh will also release a list of ineligible applicants who will not be issued PGIMER admit card 2019. The admit card of PGIMER will be made available only in the online mode and include the candidates' personal details, roll number, and details of the exam centre. All the eligible candidates who will be issued PGIMER 2019 admit card must compulsorily carry the same to the examination hall along with a valid proof of identity.
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- PGIMER 2019 admit card
- A valid photo identity proof
1 Colleges Accepting Admission
PGIMER Entrance Exam
The declaration of PGIMER 2019 result has been declared on November 26, by PGIMER, Chandigarh. The result of PGIMER 2019 has been announced in an online mode. Candidates can check the PGIMER result 2019 in the form of merit list. The result of PGIMER 2019 has been announced within 24 hours of conducting the examination. PGIMER result 2019 includes the names of the qualifying candidates, category, percentile scores, overall rank and category rank. Candidates who secured the minimum qualifying cut off are included in the rank list.
The minimum qualifying percentile that candidates need to secure in order to be rendered as qualified in the entrance examination is the PGIMER cutoff 2019. PGIMER, Chandigarh has set the PGIMER 2019 cutoff category-wise. Candidates meeting the required cutoff of PGIMER 2019 according to their category will be included in the merit list of qualified candidates. The PGIMER cutoff 2019 for various categories can be checked below.
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Candidates included in the PGIMER merit list will be called for various rounds of PGIMER counselling 2019. PGIMER counselling will be conducted in three rounds - first, second and third. The candidates will be called for the first round of PGIMER 2019 counselling according to their merit rank. The second and third round of counselling for PGIMER 2019 will be, however, open to all candidates securing the required minimum qualifying percentile. PGIMER 2019 counselling will be conducted in the offline mode. All the candidates will have to report to the designated venue in order to participate in the counselling of PGIMER 2019. The admission thorough counselling for PGIMER 2019 will be subject to the availability of seats and the candidates fulfilling the required terms of eligibility.
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Copy of PGIMER application form with a recent passport sized photograph
- PGIMER 2019 admit card
- A valid proof of identity (photo ID)
- Class 10 certificate as proof of date of birth
- Certificate of qualification Class 10 onwards
- MBBS mark sheets and certificates
- Registration certificate from MCI
- Certificate showing completion of internship
- Category certificate (SC/ST/PwD), as applicable
- Aadhar card (for selected candidates)
Questions related to PGIMER Entrance Exam
hi aayushi, the rank for clinical seats under neet is not clearly given but for md general medicine in aiq under open category was close to 1000 an...
Hi Riya, i know my senior who Got AIR 47 last year and he couldnt get pediatrics, but he comes ynder general category, it varies every year, but as...
Sir in 1st round they called only till rank 119 general merit...will they be calling more candidates for other rounds..
Heyy Monisha....The procedure of counselling is different for fidiffere colleges. College's call upto a particular rank in a round and then next up...
Sir got a rank of 66 in general category ...will i get any seat?Should i attend counselling or prepare for meet.
Hello,The cutoff of PGIMER 2019 will be disclosed as soon as the result is declared. Only the candidates meeting the PGIMER cutoff 2019 will be cal...
News and Articles
PGIMER Counselling 2019
PGIMER Counselling 2019 – PGIMER, Chandigarh will start PGIMER 2019 Counselling round o...
PGIMER Seats and Reservation 2019
PGIMER Seats and Reservation 2018 - Candidates can check here the total number of seats...
PGIMER Cutoff 2019
PGIMER Cutoff 2019 – Candidates can check here the cut off of PGIMER for various catego...
PGIMER Result 2019
PGIMER Result 2019 - PGIMER Chandigarh has released PGIMER 2019 Result on November 26, ...
PGIMER Application Form 2019
PGIMER Application Form 2019 – PGIMER Chandigarh released PGIMER 2019 Application Form ...
PGIMER 2019 - PGIMER Chandigarh conducted PGIMER 2019 for MD/MS on November 25. The res...
PGIMER Exam Pattern 2019
PGIMER Exam Pattern 2019 – PGIMER Chandigarh has released PGIMER 2019 Exam Pattern incl...
PGIMER Answer Key 2019
PGIMER Answer Key 2019 – PGIMER, Chandigarh is unlikely to release the answer key of PG...
PGIMER Important Dates 2019
PGIMER Important Dates 2019 – PGIMER Chandigarh has announced PGIMER 2019 important dat...
PGIMER Eligibility Criteria 2019
PGIMER Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Check here the PGIMER 2019 eligibility criteria incl...
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile