About PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019
The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh will conduct PGIMER 2019 in the offline mode. The admission to PGIMER will be taken through two sessions - January and July. PGIMER 2019 will offer seats in four of its Master of Surgery (MS) and sixteen Doctor of Medicine (MD) courses. A total of around 236 seats in the two disciplines combined will be provided by PGIMER 2019. The process of admission to PGIMER 2019 will be entirely on merit basis and according to the ranks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination.
The application form of PGIMER 2019 for July session has been released on March 18. Only the registered aspirants can register themselves till April 18, 2019. The successfully registered aspirants will be eligible to download the admit card. PGIMER result 2019 date has been postponed from May 27 to May 28, 2019, due to administrative reasons.
|Exam level:||National Level Exam|
|Frequency:||2 times a year|
|Conducting Body:||PGIMER Chandigarh|
Download all details about PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019Download Brochure
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
|26 May, 2019||Exam | Mode: Offline|
|22 Apr, 2019 - 26 May, 2019 (Tentative)||Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|28 May, 2019 (Tentative)||Result | Mode: Online|
|14 Jun, 2019||Counselling - First round - Start Date | Mode: Offline|
|12 Jul, 2019||Counselling - Second round - Start Date | Mode: Offline|
|26 Jul, 2019||Counselling - Third round - Start Date | Mode: Offline|
|18 Mar, 2019 - 18 Apr, 2019||Application | Mode: Online|
Candidates must check the PGIMER 2019 eligibility criteria and ensure that they meet the required terms before applying for the examination. The eligibility criteria of PGIMER 2019 is listed below.
- Candidates are required to possess a degree in MBBS from an institution that is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates applying to PGIMER 2019 must possess a registration certificate issued by the State Medical Council (SMC) or Medical Registration Council.
- All aspirants must complete the rotatory internship of one year before the date assigned for each session by PGIMER 2019.
Mode of Application : Offline and Online
Mode of Payment : Bank Challan | Other
|ST, SC||Offline||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 800|
|OBC, General||Offline||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 1000|
Aspirants seeking admission to PGIMER must fill in the PGIMER application form 2019 in order to be able to appear in the entrance examination. The PGIMER 2019 application form has been made available in the online mode. The steps to fill in the application form of PGIMER 2019 are mentioned below.
- Candidates need to click on the 'Apply Now' button on the official website of PGIMER 2019 post which they will be required to enter all the details as asked and verify the details by clicking on the 'Continue' button.
- Candidates must ensure that all the details entered are correct and then click on the 'Submit' button. This signifies the end of the registration process after which a User ID and Password will be sent to candidates' registered email ID and mobile numbers.
- It is mandatory to note down the User ID and Password as it will be required for future logins. Using these details candidates must log in to their application form of PGFIMER 2019 and fill in the remaining details.
- Scanned images of photograph, signature, MBBS degree or provisional certificate, certificate showing internship completion and category certificate (if applicable) are to be uploaded in the next step. The images should be in the required format and size as specified.
- After completing the process of filling in the PGIMER 2019 application form, candidates are required to pay the application fee. The fee for PGIMER application form 2019 can be paid either through SBI e-challan or through SBI i-collect (for candidates with SBI bank accounts).
- The details of the fee payment have to be uploaded in the application form and then submitted online. Candidates must also take a print out copy of the submitted PGIMER 2019 application form as it will be required at the time of counselling.
The PGIMER 2019 exam pattern is provided below. Candidates appearing for the entrance examination can go through the exam pattern of PGIMER 2019.
|Mode of Examination||Pen and paper-based (offline)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice/Single Best Response|
|Number of Questions||250|
|Scheme of marks||Correct Answer: Positive Marks, Incorrect Answer: Negative marks, Unanswered Question: No marks|
PGIMER, Chandiagrh will release the admit card of PGIMER 2019, in online mode. Candidates who will fulfill the requisite eligibility criteria and fill in the application form will be issued PGIMER 2019 admit card. PGIMER, Chandigarh will also release a list of ineligible applicants who will not be issued PGIMER admit card 2019. The admit card of PGIMER will include the candidates' personal details, roll number, and details of the exam centre. All the eligible candidates who will be issued PGIMER 2019 admit card must compulsorily carry the same to the examination hall along with a valid proof of identity.
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- PGIMER 2019 admit card
- A valid photo identity proof
1 Colleges Accepting Admission
PGIMER Entrance Exam
PGIMER 2019 result will be declared by PGIMER, Chandigarh, in online mode. Candidates can check the PGIMER result 2019 in the form of merit list. The result of PGIMER 2019 was expected to be announced within 24 hours of conducting the examination. However, due to some administrative reasons, the authority will declare the result on May 28. PGIMER result includes the names of the qualifying candidates, category, percentile scores, overall rank and category rank. Candidates who secured the minimum qualifying cut off are included in the rank list.
The minimum qualifying percentile that candidates need to secure in order to be rendered as qualified in the entrance examination is the PGIMER cutoff 2019. PGIMER, Chandigarh has set the PGIMER 2019 cutoff category-wise. Candidates meeting the required cutoff of PGIMER 2019 according to their category will be included in the merit list of qualified candidates. The PGIMER cutoff 2019 for various categories can be checked below.
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Candidates included in the PGIMER merit list will be called for various rounds of PGIMER counselling 2019. PGIMER counselling will be conducted in three rounds - first, second and third. The candidates will be called for the first round of PGIMER 2019 counselling according to their merit rank. The second and third round of counselling for PGIMER 2019 will be, however, open to all candidates securing the required minimum qualifying percentile. PGIMER 2019 counselling will be conducted in the offline mode. All the candidates will have to report to the designated venue in order to participate in the counselling of PGIMER 2019. The admission thorough counselling for PGIMER 2019 will be subject to the availability of seats and the candidates fulfilling the required terms of eligibility.
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Copy of PGIMER application form with a recent passport sized photograph
- PGIMER 2019 admit card
- A valid proof of identity (photo ID)
- Class 10 certificate as proof of date of birth
- Certificate of qualification Class 10 onwards
- MBBS mark sheets and certificates
- Registration certificate from MCI
- Certificate showing completion of internship
- Category certificate (SC/ST/PwD), as applicable
- Aadhar card (for selected candidates)
Questions related to PGIMER Entrance Exam
A BDS graduate can pursue masters in public health but not MHA as for mha the eligibility is MBBS passout only in PGI Chandigarh.
It may not have any problem. The authority to reject any application or ask for re upload rests on the official authorised to check the application...
Hey Kamal Singh Rajput,Candidates can fill the application forms of PGIMER Entrance exam only through online mode from the website. PGIMER 2019 reg...
Hi,I am unable to complete my application form as it is showing that select only jpg files while uploading documents. Was trying with jpg.
This might happen because the size of the file that you have uploaded has variation from what is required. The system does not take files that are ...
News and Articles
PGIMER Result 2019
PGIMER Result 2019 - PGIMER Chandigarh will declare PGIMER 2019 result on May 28, in PD...
PGIMER 2019 - PGIMER Chandigarh will conduct PGIMER 2019 exam for July session on May 2...
PGIMER Application Form 2019
PGIMER Application Form 2019 – PGIMER Chandigarh has released the application from on M...
PGIMER Important Dates 2019
PGIMER Important Dates 2019 – PGIMER Chandigarh announces PGIMER 2019 important dates i...
PGIMER Counselling 2019
PGIMER Counselling 2019 – PGIMER, Chandigarh will commence PGIMER 2019 Counselling roun...
PGIMER Cutoff 2019
PGIMER Cutoff 2019 – Candidates can check here the cut off of PGIMER for various catego...
PGIMER Answer Key 2019
PGIMER Answer Key 2019 – PGIMER, Chandigarh is unlikely to release the answer key of PG...
PGIMER Seats and Reservation 2019
PGIMER Seats and Reservation 2019 - Candidates can check here the total number of PGIME...
PGIMER Admit Card 2019
PGIMER Admit Card 2019 – PGIMER Chandigarh will issue admit card of PGIMER 2019 in the ...
PGIMER Exam Pattern 2019
PGIMER Exam Pattern 2019 – PGIMER Chandigarh will release PGIMER 2019 Exam Pattern incl...