BAMS course for NRI students: Rajiv Gandhi Ayur Medical Col
Institute: Rajiv Gandhi Ayurveda Medical College
Programme: NRI/ NRI Sponsored/ Foreign Students for BAMS course
- Read career review: Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery (BAMS)
- Students must have completed and passed 10+2 examination under CBSE/ ISC/ State Board syllabus with physics, chemistry, biology (botany and zoology) and English and should have obtained 50% Physics, Chemistry, Biology put together and passed in English and percentage is 40% for MBC, OBC, SC, ST candidates. Candidates who are applying for admission under the NRI/sponsorship/ foreign student category should have successfully completed equivalent qualification prescribed for the local candidates for consideration for admission to this course and the qualification should be recognized by the Pondicherry University.
- NRI/ Foreign students must have completed the 12th grade and secured a pass before the admission. A grade point average of 3 (on a scale of 1-4) or above that in the course subjects of biology, physics, chemistry are preferred. Wherever all subjects grades like A, B-, C+ are used by the schools, appropriate equivalents in terms of percentage like 90%, 75% and 60% should be made available. Only students from high schools accredited by the respective state or the country is eligible for admission and the statement to this effect must be produced.
- Applicants from Cambridge University should possess a GEC advance level (A levels) in physics, chemistry and biology and pass in AS level in English course. 86-93 in class XII examinations.
Age: Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on December 31, 2011.
The admissions made are provisional and subject to approval by the Pondicherry University.
Tuition fee: US $ 15,000 for 4 Â½ years (duration of the BAMS course) + 1year internship which is to be paid in one instalment within five days from the date of dispatch of admission letter by e-mail/information over phone. If the candidate studies the course beyond 4 Â½ years the tuition fees will be increased proportionately.
Selection process: The order of selection is as follows:
- Preference will be given to candidates belonging to Puducherry Union Territory and NRI sponsored candidates of Puducherry Union Territory.
- NRI candidates of other region.
- NRI sponsored candidates of other region.
- Foreign candidates.
In case the eligible applicants are more than 7, the selection of candidates will be based on the Merit List based on the marks arrived at by adopting the method of normalization as followed by Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC) of Government of Puducherry. For details refer the website
How to apply: Click here to download application form and attach the following documents after filling the required details :
- Certificate (English translated copy of the marks), grade sheet of the qualifying examination.
- Certified copy of the grade equivalent to marks of Boards of Schools.
- Copy of passport.
- Proof of NRI status of the student / parents / sponsor.
- Colour passport size photograph (Four Nos.)
Application fee of US $ 50 or Indian rupees 2000/- in the form of a bank draft / cashier cheque in favour of Rajiv Gandhi Ayurveda Medical College, Mahe and payable at Mahe. The filled in application along with the necessary documents should reach the Principal, Rajiv Gandhi Ayurveda Medial College, Post Box No.26, Mahe - 673310, India
Application deadline: September 12, 2011, 5.00 PM
Click here to view details
Rajiv Gandhi Ayurveda Medial College
Post Box No.26, Mahe - 673 310, India