How to prepare for NEET from Class 10 – Candidates who wish to opt medical as their career after Class 10, then they must start preparing for NEET. In order to secure a good rank in NEET, students must start their backbreaking preparation right from the beginning. Although Class 10 syllabus is not included in NEET, but it enhances the basic concepts which aspirants will study in Class 11 and 12. With the preparation of NEET from Class 10 will help aspirants to understand the concepts of NEET 2020 syllabus. Students preparing for NEET from Class 10 will have enough time in their hand to improve their preparation strategies and also work on their weaker sections. Interested NEET UG aspirants can read the article on how to prepare for NEET from Class 10 including the strategies, important topics and other details here.LATEST: NTA avails the facility of NEET correction window 2020 from January 15 to 31.
Latest: [Download free Question Papers and Sample Paper of NEET, Click here]
NEET 2020 will be conducted on May 3, by National Testing Agency (NTA), in offline mode. NTA has announced NEET exam dates 2020 through a notification released on August 21, 2019. The notice also mentions the schedule of release of the application form, issuance of admit card and declaration of result.
Download Free Sample Paper for NEET
Below are some of the important preparation tips to crack NEET for Class 10 aspirants.
1. Be aware of the complete syllabus – First and the foremost strategy is to know the complete NEET syllabus 2020. With the help of syllabus, aspirants can get knowledge of important topics to focus for better preparations. The syllabus covers topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology). The question paper of NEET 2020 will contains 45 questions from each subject, coming up with a total of 180 multiple-choice questions. Despite NTA being the conducting authority of NEET 2020 after replacing CBSE, there will no changes in the syllabus and exam pattern. Knowing the NEET syllabus from Class 10 will help aspirants to get aware of their weakest and toughest sections of all, which will assist them in the better preparation of NEET from Class 10.
2. Clear the concepts – After noting the complete syllabus, aspirants from Class 10 preparing for NEET must focus on conceptual questions. NCERT science textbooks will be the best medium to clear doubts and concepts. NEET 2019 Topper Nalin Khandelwal who bagged AIR 1 also shared that, “During my self-study my main focus was to clear my concepts. I used to set daily targets and make sure to complete them before the end of the day. For NEET, I firstly focused on completing NCERT syllabus to strengthen my concepts."
3. Detailed plan – As mentioned above, the NEET exam contains questions from three subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Thus, it is clear that candidates must focus more on science subjects and make their concepts clear by solving a sufficient number of questions.
Moreover, candidates must prepare an effective study plan and follow it on the daily basis. To prepare for NEET from Class 10, candidates must prepare a perfect timetable which will help them to divide NEET syllabus. The timetable must be prepared in such a way that candidates can provide an equal proportion of time to each subject. Following the study plan will help aspirants to maintain a proper discipline in the daily study time and also prepares them to crack NEET with good rank.
Note: In case of any issues or problems, students can contact their parents, guardians, and teachers for preparation of proper NEET study plan.
“Writing the perfect paper is a lot like the military operation. It takes discipline, foresight, research, strategy, and if done right, ends in total victory.” this quote said by Ryan Holiday truly signifies the importance of an effective study plan.
4. Know the important topics – Once a candidate is familiar with the syllabus, they must focus more on the important topics. Higher priority must be given to the topics which carry more weightage in NEET exam. While strengthening the important topics covered in NEET from the beginning will help aspirants to be free from all the chaos during the last minute preparations. Such NEET important topics 2020 from each subject has been mentioned below.
Important topics from Physics
Important topics from Chemistry
Important topics from Biology
Motions of system of particles and rigid body
Chemical bonding and molecular structure
Diversity of living organisms
Work, energy and power
Organic Chemistry: Basic principles and techniques
Cell: structure and functions
Genetics and evolution
Biology and human welfare
Electromagnetic induction and alternating current
d- and f- clock elements
Ecology and environment
5. Solve as many as questions – The answer to the basic question on how to prepare for NEET from Class 10 is try to solve a sufficient number of questions from the NCERT textbooks and other best books of NEET 2020. Since NEET exam will consist of objective types questions, thus it is mandatory for aspirants to become familiar with the structure of questions to be asked.
Also, it is advised to aspirants that every time they finish a chapter, solve the questions related to that chapter from the textbooks. Solving such questions will definitely help them to prepare for board examination, but besides this, they should also prefer solving the higher questions once they complete their NCERT textbook preparations.
6. Refer other books – Despite considering NCERT textbooks as the bible for each section, aspirants must also consider other best books for NEET 2020 preparations from Class 10. Once completed with the preparation from textbooks, most of the students are confused and left with a single question that “Are NCERT books enough for cracking NEET?” And the answer is No.
As mentioned above, NEET is an offline entrance examination with 180 multiple choice questions. And NCERT books cannot help in solving the MCQs within the limited span of time. Practicing through objective books other than NCERT will assist medical aspirants to enhance their preparation strategies and time management skills. Without these other objective type books, candidates won’t be able to understand the structure and difficulty level of the paper. Some of the most recommended books for NEET is mentioned below, which NEET UG 2020 aspirants can consider for better preparations.
Best books for NEET 2020
Books for Physics
Books for Chemistry
Books for Biology
Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma
ABC of Chemistry for Class 11 and 12 by Modern
Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman
Objective Physics by DC Pandey
Dinesh Chemistry Guide
Objective Biology by Dinesh
Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon
Pradeep Guide on Biology
Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
GR Bathla publications for Biology
7. Identify strongest and weakest sections – Using these recommended books and starting NEET preparations from Class 10, candidates will definitely be aware of their strong and weak areas in each subject. By preparing for NEET from Class 10, aspirants will have enough time in their hands to improve their weak sections and revise their strong sections thoroughly. Accordingly, the study hours can be divided among these so that syllabus can be completed.
8. Get used to previous year paper and mock tests – With enough time for preparations for NEET, the forthcoming Class 10 medical aspirants must start using NEET previous year question papers and mock test. NEET 2018 topper, Madhvan Gupta, who secured AIR 9 used to solve previous year question paper and fresh questions that were provided by coaching centers. He said, “After my board exams, I concentrated on taking mock tests and solving previous year papers of NEET to practice and get used to the exam pattern and develop the test-taking strategies. Last few months and days before the exam were a balanced mix between revision and practice.
9. Revision of topics regularly – NEET syllabus is very vast and candidates require time to complete it. Thus, it is best to prepare for NEET from Class 10, so that they will get a sufficient time period for better preparations. Once an aspirant completes one topic, subject or chapter, he/she must keep on memories it after a certain period of time. With the proper revision of each subject, the prepared chapters, subjects or topics will always remain fresh in their brain. With this, candidates will be less puzzled on the main day of NEET examination. For better preparation, at least 40-50 MCQs must be solved of each topic regularly.
10. Ignore over-confidence – After all, students from Class 10 are teenagers and are in the age of maturity, thus, they might get over-confident. Sometimes students will prolong the preparations thinking that they have a lot of time left for NEET preparations. Aspirants must understand that in order to achieve success in NEET 2020 with good rank, smart and hard work with discipline routine and dedication is the key. Parents/Guardians should also help aspirants to channelize their energy in NEET preparations.
NEET 2020 - National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2020 on May 3 in offline mode. Check ...
NEET 2020 Cutoff BHU will be released by MCC in the online mode. Know previous years BHU MBBS/BDS...
NEET 2020 exam will be conducted on May 3 in offline mode. Read about NEET admit card, correction...
Odisha MBBS admission 2020 - OJEE, Odisha will conduct Odisha MBBS 2020 admission for the medical...
Telangana MBBS Application Form 2020 - Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences (KNRUHS)...
Different medical colleges which accept NEET PG are:
1. Kasturba Medical college, Mangalore
2. Christian medical college, Vellore
3. JSS Medical college
4. Sri Siddhartha medical college
5. Sri Devaraj Urs medical college
6. Maulana Azad medical college, New Delhi
For more information regarding fee structures of the colleges, you can refer to the link given below:
Uday, AIIMS released its result in the form of percentiles and NEET releases its result in the form of score. Now AIIMS MBBS was held for 200 marks and NEET is conducted for 720 marks. Considering all these factors, you should score atleast 600 and above even with OBC reservation. This is because AIIMS seats are filled through All India Quota which means every eligible Candidate can claim stake for a seat in AIIMS. So any score less than 600, might put you in a tight spot.
The list of best books to refer for NEET Preparation are-
The list of good books for JEE preparation are-
I hope it helps
All the best
Your NEET brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile