About NEET PG 2021
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) will conduct NEET PG 2021 on January 10 in the computer-based mode for admission to around 10,821 Master of Surgery (MS) seats, 19,953 Doctor of Medicine (MD) seats and 1,979 PG Diploma seats in 6,102 government, private, Deemed and Central Universities. NBE will release the NEET PG application form in the first week of November 2020 with the official brochure. Candidates who fulfil the basic eligibility criteria of NEET PG 2021 will only be able to apply for the entrance examination. In the previous session of NEET PG 2021, as many as 1,67,102 candidates registered, while 1,60,888 aspirants appeared in the online test.
After the completion of the registration process, the authorities will open the NEET PG 2021 correction window facility in the first week of December 2020 for all the registered candidates. The correction window facility will only be provided to aspirants for a specific period of time in order to make changes in their NEET 2021 application form. Candidates who will successfully submit the application form will be able to download NEET PG admit card in the last week of December 2020. Each candidate is required to download and carry the printout of the NEET PG hall ticket 2021 along with the relevant documents at the exam centre. Under no circumstances, any aspirants will be allowed to enter the examination hall without NEET PG 2021 admit card.
NEET PG 2021 exam contains 300 multiple choice questions of pre-clinical, clinical and para-clinical subjects from the MBBS curriculum. To complete the test, candidates will be allotted 3 hours and 30 minutes. After the conclusion of the exam, NBE will announce the NEET PG 2021 result online in the last week of January in the PDF format. Only those candidates who will be included in the result will be able to download the scorecard of NEET PG 2021 from the official website. The seats will be allotted on the basis of NEET PG scores, preferences of colleges as well as courses, seats available, reservation criteria and other factors. Along with the result, the authorities will also release the NEET PG 2021 cutoff.
Candidates who will secure NEET PG minimum qualifying percentile will be considered pass in the MD/MS/PG Diploma entrance exam. Based on the cut off scores and percentile, NEET PG 2021 merit list will be prepared. With the help of rank in the merit list, NEET PG counselling 2021 will be conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for admission to 50% All India Quota (AIQ) in government medical colleges. All seats in deemed/central universities, ESIC, AFMS institutes will be done through NEET PG counselling by MCC. While remaining 50% state quota seats in government colleges and all seats in private institutes will be done by respective state counselling authorities. Read more for NEET PG 2021 eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result and counselling details.
NEET PG 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate|
|Short Exam Name||NEET PG|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||3750 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online / Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
NEET PG 2021 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
10 Jan, 2021
Exam | Mode: Online
Candidates wish to appear for NEET PG 2021, must check the eligibility criteria of the postgraduate medical examination listed below.
- Candidates must possess a valid MBBS degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), and have an MBBS degree or provisional certificate to that effect.
- Completion of the rotatory internship on or before March 31, 2021.
- Provisional or permanent medical registration certificate issued by MCI or a State Medical Council. This must be carried on the day of the exam and during admission.
- Candidates who have studied/qualified MBBS from Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. Only candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to study MBBS from Medical Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring this.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
NBE will release the NEET PG 2021 application form in the first week of November 2020 in the online mode. Candidates will be able to fill the application form of NEET PG till the third week of November 2020. Applicants can check steps for the application process of NEET PG 2021 below:
- Fill the registration form for obtaining User ID and Password
- User ID and password will be then, sent through SMS and Email
- Fill the application form - Personal Details, Qualification Details (MBBS / Primary Medical Qualification details, Internship Details, SMC/MCI Registration Details), Test Center Details
- Upload a recent passport size photograph (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) and signature (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) signature
- Choose test city
- Make a payment of fees in the online mode through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Take a print out of the filled application form with transaction ID printed on it.
Important: Test City will be confirmed only after payment of fee is successful.
NEET PG Correction Window 2021
The correction window of NEET PG application form 2021 will be made available in the first week of December 2020. With the help of the correction window, applicants will be able to make corrections or edit some details in their NEET PG 2021 application form. The details they can edit or correct are
- Date of Birth
- Category of the Candidate
- Physical Disability Status
- EWS status
The following details cannot be corrected in the NEET 2021 application form:
- Name of the Candidate
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Testing City
For any query/clarification/assistance on NEET PG, candidates can write to NBE at firstname.lastname@example.org or call NBE Candidate Care helpdesk Toll Free number - 1800 267 4003.
Note: The email should mention the name of the sender, application ID, correspondence address and mobile number.
|OBC, General||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 3750|
|ST, SC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 2750|
|ST, OBC, SC, General||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 2750|
NEET PG 2021 Syllabus
Social and preventive medicine
General medicine including dermatology and venerelogy and psychiatry
General surgery including orthopedics, anesthesia and radiodiagnosis
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
NEET PG 2021 will be conducted on January 10, 2021. Candidates are advised to go through the exam pattern of NEET PG 2021 provided below.
|Mode of NEET PG 2021 Examination||Computer-based Test|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Medium of the Question paper||English|
|Number of Questions||300|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Pattern||Correct Answer: +4 marks, Incorrect Answer: - 1 marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
|Sections in the question paper||(Part A, B and C) each containing 50, 100, 150 MCQs|
NEET PG 2021 Mock Test
NBE will release a demo test of NEET PG 2021 in the third week of December 2020 This will be to aid all aspirants appearing for the entrance exam in preparing well by understanding the concept of the computer based test. To avail the mock test, aspirants will have to check the official website, click on the link given therein and start practising using the NEET PG 2021 demo test.
Some pointers to use the NEET PG Demo Test:
- The login is a dummy window. So candidates must click on "Sign In" to start the test.
- The test is generally for 20 minutes and has a timer and all factors available in the actual test.
- No scores will be given for the demo test of NEET PG.
- No correct answers will also be given. Candidates will have to look those up.
The NEET PG admit card 2021 will be released by the NBE in the last week of December 2020 in the online mode. The admit card of NEET PG 2021 can only be downloaded by the aspirants who will successfully complete the registration process. Candidates can download the NEET PG admit card from the official link by entering their user ID and password until January 10, 2021. Upon downloading the admit card of NEET PG 2021, candidates will be required to affix a recent passport-sized photograph on the admit card.
Documents to carry to the exam hall
- NEET PG 2021 admit card
- A valid photo ID proof
- Photocopy of Permanent / Provisional SMC/MCI registration to be retained by the test centre
- Candidates carrying E-Aadhaar cards are required to ensure that the photograph is clear and matches their face at the time of exam.
NEET PG 2021 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- NEET PG 2021 admit card (with a recent passport sized photograph pasted on it)
- A valid photo-identity proof (PAN/Aadhar/Driving License/Passport/Voter Id)
- Photocopy of State Medical Council/Medical Council of India registration (Provisional/Permanent)
- Original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead for Indian/OCI citizen who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualification outside India
NBE will release the NEET PG 2021 result along with the scorecard in the last week of January in the online mode. All the qualified candidates will be able to download their scorecard of NEET PG 2021 using their user ID and password. The result of NEET PG will mention candidate's roll number, All India Rank and marks (out of 1200). In order to qualify the NEET PG 2021, candidates will be able to secure the minimum cutoff percentile in the result. In the previous year, as many as 89,549 aspirants qualified the exam.
How to check NEET PG 2021 result?
- Candidates must click on the result link given on the official website
- They must enter their user ID and password
- The result will be displayed and must be downloaded by candidates
The NEET mark sheet cum result certificate can be downloaded to be used for admissions. This is in actual the result. The NEET scores will be passed on to the respective states to be used for their respective counselling procedures.
NBE will release the cutoff of NEET PG 2021 along with the result in the last week of January. The cutoff of NEET PG 2021 is the minimum marks that candidates need to score so as to qualify in the exam. The NEET PG cutoff is decided by NBE and varies for different categories. In the previous session, NBE along with MCI and MoHFW reduced the NEET PG cutoff percentile by 20. Candidates can check NEET 2021 cutoff in the table below.
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
|Category||Minimum Eligibility Criteria||Cut-off score (out of 1200)||Previous year revised cutoff percentile|
|General Category (UR/EWS)||50th Percentile||366||30th percentile|
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)||40th Percentile||319||20th percentile|
|UR-PWD||45th Percentile||342||25th percentile|
Mode of Counselling: Online, Offline
NEET PG counselling 2021 will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee) for the seats under All India Quota and in Central and Deemed universities, while the state quota seat allotment process will be conducted by respective state counselling authorities. Only the qualified candidates will be eligible to participate for NEET PG 2021 counselling. The registrations for NEET PG counselling 2021 round one will commence from the second week of March 2021 in the online mode.
All India Counselling of NEET PG 2021 will be for
- All India 50% quota
- Medical Educational Institutions of Central Govt.
- AFMS Institutions
- Universities established by an act of Parliament
- Deemed Universities
State Level NEET PG 2021 counselling will be for
- State Quota Seats in Government/Private Medical Institutions in a State Institutions established by State. Govt.
- Universities established by an Act of State / Union Territory Legislature, Municipal Bodies Trust, society, Company or Minority Institutions
MCC will release the provisional first allotment list of NEET PG counselling 2021, while the final result will be made available later. Once the seats are allotted, aspirants need to provide an option for up-gradation and also download the allotment letter. Thereafter, report to the allotted college with the relevant documents.
Only the qualified candidates who will secure the minimum cutoff percentile will be required to register with the counselling bodies. There are two rounds of NEET PG 2021 counselling. The second round of NEET Counselling for PG courses will begin from the second week of April. The mop-up round of counselling will be conducted for Deemed and Central Universities only. Candidates allotted seats through NEET PG counselling 2021 will be required to report to the allotted colleges within the stipulated time for admission purposes.
Documents Required at Counselling
- NEET PG 2021 admit card issued by NBE
- NEET PG 2021 result/score card
- MBBS mark sheets of first, second and third professional examinations
- Provisional/degree certificate of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/provisional registration certificate issued by MCI
- High school/higher secondary/date of birth certificate as proof of birth date
- A valid photo-identity proof (PAN/Aadhar/voter ID/Passport/driving licence)
- SC/ST/OBC/OPH certificate (as applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is the attempt limit for NEET PG?
There is no limit to the number of attempts in NEET PG 2021.
Question: How many seats are offered through NEET PG 2021?
In the course of Master of Surgery 10,821, Doctor of Medicine 19, 953, PG Diploma 1, 979 and DNB CET 1,338 seats will be offered through NEET PG 2021.
Question: Which institutes do not accept admissions through NEET PG?
AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS, PGIMER, Chandigarh, JIPMER, Puducherry, NIMHANS, Bengaluru and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum are the institutes which do not accept NEET PG scores.
Question: Is NEET PG counselling 2021 conducted online?
Yes, the counselling of NEET PG is conducted in online mode.
Question: Is Aadhar card mandatory for NEET PG 2021?
According to the guidelines set by NBE for NEET PG 2021. it is mandatory for candidates to have Aadhar cards.
Question: What is the withheld NEET PG results?
NBE will withheld NEET PG 2021 result for such aspirants whose MBBS mark sheets and other documents will not be submitted by the last date. These candidates have to send these certificates/documents to the authority.
Questions related to NEET PG
Is there an upper age limit to apply for NEET PG MDS entrance exam?
As per the guidelines, there is no upper age limit for the candidates who can apply. Candidates who are above 20years with the specific degree are eligible for writing this examination. There is no limits to the number of attempts for writing this examination, i.e. the candidate can appear as many times as he/she wants to get into the desired college.
Hope your queries are cleared.
Have a great day!
i dont know the difference between NEETPG , NEET MDS , NEET PG , AIIMSPG JIPMERPG PGIMER why these exams do all having different names..?
- NEET-PG is the common entrance test for admission to Medical Post-graduate courses across the country. To know more about it go here https://medicine.careers360.com/articles/neet-pg
- NEET-MDS is an eligibility cum ranking examination conducted by the NBE. It is a single entrance exam for admissions to all postgraduate dental courses in India. https://medicine.careers360.com/articles/neet-mds To know more about it, you can go to the given link.
- AIIMS-PG is the entrance test for admission to postgraduate medical courses in AIIMS in India. To know more about it, go here https://medicine.careers360.com/articles/aiims-pg-exam-pattern
- JIPMERPG is the entrance examination for admission to postgraduate courses in JIPMER. To know more about it go here https://medicine.careers360.com/articles/jipmer-pg-2021
- PGIMER exam is the exam conducted by the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research for admission to the MD/MS courses offered by the Institute. To know more about it, go here https://medicine.careers360.com/exams/pgimer-entrance-exam
which states allow state quota for NEET PG for FMGE students
From which state so you belong?
Maximum state doesn't provide state quota to FMGE.
But Chhatisgarh provide quota to FMGE candidate if he /she hold domicile of that state.
We can provide you with better information if you tell us your state.
please check below point regarding road to cardiologist 1. crack neet .do mbbs in which 4.5 years study and 1 year internship with sum stipends given for it 2.then crack neet pg. do md ms and then practice. 3 .is the salary offered during md is high or just like stipends.
Akash, NEET is the mandatory entrance examination for admission to MBBS. Once you appear for NEET and get a seat in MBBS, you complete the course in 50 months and complete your mandatory rotational internship. Now NEET PG will be scrapped in favour of NEXT whose details we do not have yet. So NEXT will come into force from 2021. Stipend that you get in MBBS Intersnhip depends on the State that you pursued your MBBS from. It is decided by the State Medical Council. And regarding the salary,a Post Graduate earns more than a Graduate who is being paid during his/her internship.
i completed bpharmacy.am i eligible for NEET PG..? if so,for which NEET PG courses am eligible for..? if any please suggest me.
You can apply for GPAT ( GRADUATE PHARMACY APTITUDE TEST ) for your Pharmacy Post graduation studies in Institutes of National Importance with scholarship. GPAT is a national level entrance examination for admission into M.Pharmacy. PG-NEET is only for those who qualified basic medical degree (MBBS) or equivalent