About NEET PG 2019
The NEET PG 2019 entrance examination will be administered by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). The application process for NEET PG 2019 has started. The mode of conducting NEET PG 2019 is online only. NEET PG is a national level entrance examination conducted for admission to postgraduate medical courses in the country. NEET PG 2019 offers admissions to Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD) courses in the country. NEET PG is the entrance test to be used for admissions to 50% of All India Quota seats and 50% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu and Kashmir state), seats in Central and Deemed Universities and Armed Forces Medical Services institutions.
|Exam level:||National Level Exam|
|Frequency:||Once a year|
|Conducting Body:||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
Download all details about NEET PG 2019Download Brochure
NEET PG 2019 Important Dates
|02 Nov, 2018 - 22 Nov, 2018||Application - NEET PG registration | Mode: Online|
|30 Dec, 2018||Admit Card - NEET PG admit card release - Available | Mode: Online|
|06 Jan, 2019||Exam - Date of exam | Mode: Online|
|31 Jan, 2019||Result | Mode: Online|
|18 Feb, 2019 - 31 May, 2019 (Tentative)||Counselling | Mode: Offline and Online|
The NEET PG 2019 eligibility criteria for aspirants appearing in the postgraduate medical examination has been listed below.
- Candidates must possess a valid MBBS degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), and have an MBBS degree or provisional certificate to that effect.
- Completion of the rotatory internship on or before March 31, 2019.
- Provisional or permanent medical registration certificate issued by MCI or a State Medical Council. This must be carried on the day of the exam and during admission.
- Candidates who have studied/qualified MBBS from Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. Only candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to study MBBS from Medical Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring this.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
|OBC, General||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 3750|
|ST, SC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 2750|
|OBC, SC, ST, General||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 2750|
NBE has released the NEET PG 2019 application form in the online mode on November 2, 2018. The last date to apply is November 22. Candidates can check the various steps of the application process of NEET PG 2019 here-
- Fill the registration form for obtaining User ID and Password
- User ID and password will be then, sent through SMS and Email
- Fill the application form - Personal Details, Qualification Details (MBBS / Primary Medical Qualification details, Internship Details, SMC/MCI Registration Details), Test Center Details
- Upload a recent passport size photograph (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) and signature (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) signature
- Choose test city
- Make payment of fees in the online mode through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Take a print out of the filled application form with transaction ID printed on it.
Important: Test City will be confirmed only after payment of fee is successful.
Correction of mistakes in NEET application form
Candidates who have made mistakes in their application form can rectify the same tentatively by December 7. The correction window will be open for a week.
Candidates may note that the following details cannot be edited
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Mobile No.
- Email address
- Testing City
- Category of the candidate
NEET PG 2019 Application Process
NEET PG E-books and Sample Papers
Candidates attempting NEET PG must be aware of the NEET PG exam pattern 2019. The exam pattern of NEET PG 2019 has been provided below.
|Mode of Examination||Computer-based Test|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Medium of the Question paper||English|
|Number of Questions||300|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Pattern||Correct Answer: +4 marks, Incorrect Answer: - 1 marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
|Sections in question paper||(Part A, B and C) each containing 50, 100, 150 MCQs|
The NEET PG admit card 2019 will be released by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) on December 30, 2018. The NEET PG 2019 admit card will be released only in the online mode. The admit card of NEET PG 2019 will be available for aspirants who will successfully complete the process of registration. Candidates will be able to download the NEET PG 2019 admit card from the official link by entering their application number and password. Upon downloading the admit card of NEET PG 2019, candidates are required to affix a recent passport sized photograph on the admit card.
Documents to carry to the exam hall
- NEET PG 2019 admit card
- A valid photo ID proof
- Photocopy of Permanent / Provisional SMC/MCI registration to be retained by the test centre
NEET PG 2019 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- NEET PG 2019 Admit Card (with a recent passport sized photograph pasted on it)
- A valid photo-identity proof (PAN/Aadhar/Driving License/Passport/Voter Id)
- Photocopy of State Medical Council/Medical Council of India registration (Provisional/Permanent)
- Original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead for Indian/OCI citizen who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualification outside India
NBE will declare the NEET PG result 2019 in the online mode by January 31 . Candidates appearing in the postgraduate examination will be able to check their NEET PG 2019 result by entering their roll number and date of birth. The result of NEET PG 2019 will indicate whether a candidate has qualified in the exam or not. The merit list released in NEET PG 2019 result will contain the names of the candidates in order of their merit rank. Individual rank cards of candidates who will qualify according to NEET PG result 2019 will also be released. Candidates need to meet the minimum cutoff percentile in order to be included in the rank list of NEET PG 2019 result.
The NEET mark sheet cum result certificate can be downloaded to be used for admissions. This is in actual the result. The NEET scores will be passed on to the respective states to be used for their respective counselling procedures.
348 Colleges Accepting Admission
The cutoff of NEET PG 2019 is the minimum marks that candidates need to score so as to qualify in the exam. The NEET PG 2019 cutoff is decided by NBE and is subject to revision. NEET PG cutoff 2019 will be different for different categories. Candidates can check the cutoff in the table given below.
|SC/ST/OBC (including PwD)||40|
Mode of Counselling: Online, Offline
NEET PG counselling 2019 will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee) for the seats under All India Quota and in Central and Deemed universities while that of state quota is conducted by respective state counselling authorities. NEET PG 2019 counselling will be conducted in the online mode. Qualified candidates who will secure the minimum cutoff percentile will be required to register with the counselling bodies as and when the registration facility is available to participate in the counselling process. There will be two rounds of NEET PG 2019 counselling. The mop-up round of counselling will be conducted for Deemed and Central Universities only. Candidates allotted seats through NEET PG counselling 2019 will be required to report to the allotted colleges within the stipulated time for admission purposes.
Documents Required at Counselling
- NEET PG 2019 Admit Card issued by NBE
- NEET PG 2019 result/score card
- MBBS mark sheets of first, second and third professional examinations
- Provisional/Degree certificate of MBBS
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Permanent/Provisional registration certificate issued by MCI
- High School/Higher Secondary/Date of Birth certificate as proof of birth date
- A valid photo-identity proof (PAN/Aadhar/Voter ID/Passport/Driving licence)
- SC/ST/OBC/OPH certificate (as applicable)
Questions related to NEET PG
Dear Tashimehta, the dates have been announced and they are final. They aren't tentativee. Applications have begun on November 2nd and the last day...
Hello SantoshAfter successful payment of fee of NEET PG application form, you will have to take the print out of the confirmation page which will a...
Hello Subaashini,Please visit the link given below to know the NEET PG Exam Centres 2019 & for more information about that-https://medicine.car...
I by mistake selected NO for "appearance in previous year neet pg"...in this year's neet pg application form... What should i do?
The Correction window for NEET PG will be available from December 7 to 14, 2018. After the close of registration, candidates will be com...
Hello Tashi,The cutoff marks of NEET PG changes every year but cutoff percentile remains same. For more information, you may visit the link given b...
News and Articles
Kerala PG Medical Admission 2019
Kerala PG Medical Admission 2019 will be done by CEE, Kerala based on NEET PG scores. C...
UP PG Medical Admission 2019
UP PG Medical Admission 2019 - DMET, UP will conduct admission to UP PG medical 2019 ba...
Karnataka PG Medical Counselling 2019
Karnataka PG Medical Counselling 2019 - Check here the Karnataka PG Medical 2019 Counse...
Odisha PG Medical Admission 2019
Odisha PG Medical Admission 2019 will be done for admission to MD/MS and PG Diploma cou...
Jharkhand PG Medical Admission 2019
Jharkhand PG Medical Admission 2019 - JCECEB will conduct admission to Jharkhand PG med...
MP PG Medical Admission 2019
MP PG Medical Admission 2019 - DME, MP will conduct MP PG medical 2019 admission based ...
DU PG Medical Counselling 2019
DU PG Medical Counselling 2019 - Candidates can check here DU PG medical 2019 counselli...
Karnataka PG Medical Admission 2019
Karnataka PG Medical Admission 2019 - The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) will s...
Haryana PG Medical Admission 2019
Haryana PG Medical Admission 2019 - Pt B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences will b...
Gujarat PG Medical Admission 2019
Gujarat PG Medical Admission 2019 - ACPPGMEC will conduct Gujarat PG medical 2019 admis...
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile