How to Prepare for NEET from Class 11 – Medical aspirants must ideally start preparing for NEET from Class 11. Starting NEET preparation from Class 11 will help the candidates build a strong foundation. NEET UG syllabus comprises questions from Class 11 as well as Class 12 distributed in an equal proportion. Preparing for NEET from Class 11 proves to be a great boon for in Class 12, aspirants have an additional pressure of performing well in the board examination. The concepts and topics included in Class 11 are crucial because only by understanding these candidates will be able to comprehend the curriculum of Class 12. Students preparing for NEET from Class 11 have more than a year in hand to refine their preparation strategies and must leave no stone unturned in the process. NEET UG aspirants can check this article below to know all about how to prepare for NEET from Class 11 including strategies, important topics and more.LATEST: Dr Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Health and Family Welfare announced on October 4, 2019, that NEET will serve as single medical entrance exam for UG courses in the nation. AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS scrapped.
Latest : NEET 2020 Online Preparation – Start preparation with AI-based E-Learning platform with 5000+ concepts with video solutions, smart study material, prep booster, mock test, sample paper, 24*7 faculty support] Start Preparation
NEET 2020 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The mode of NEET will be offline and will be conducted once a year.
1. Decode the Syllabus: The foremost strategy for preparing for NEET from Class 11 is to get familiar with the syllabus and not be overwhelmed by it. The curriculum of Class 11 can be a bit intimidating for many but it is in the best interest of the candidates to deal with it tactfully. It is necessary that candidates must acquaint themselves with the NEET Class 11 chapters to develop a preparation strategy. Candidates can go through the NEET syllabus of Class 11 in the table given below.
Crack NEET 2020 with NEET Knockout Program, If you Do Not Quality- Get 100% MONEY BACK
NEET Class 11 Syllabus
Topic / Chapters
Diversity of Living Organisms
Basic Concepts of Chemistry
Physical-world and measurement
Chapter-1: The Living World
Structure of Atom
Chapter–1: Physical World
Chapter-2: Biological Classification
Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties
Chapter–2: Units and Measurements
Chapter-3: Plant Kingdom
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
Chapter-4: Animal Kingdom
States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
Chapter–3: Motion in a Straight Line
Structural Organisation in Plants & Animals
Chapter–4: Motion in a Plane
Chapter-5: Morphology of Flowering Plants
Laws of Motion
Chapter-6: Anatomy of Flowering Plants
Chapter–5: Laws of Motion
Chapter-7: Structural Organisation in Animals
Work, Energy and Power
Cell: Structure and Function
Chapter–6: Work, Energy and Power
Chapter-8: Cell-The Unit of Life
Some p-Block Elements
Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
Organic Chemistry: Basic Principles & Techniques
Chapter–7: System of Particles and Rotational Motion
Chapter-10: Cell Cycle and Cell Division
Chapter-11: Transport in Plants
Properties of Bulk Matter
Chapter-12: Mineral Nutrition
Chapter–9: Mechanical Properties of Solids
Chapter-13: Photosynthesis in Higher Plants
Chapter–10: Mechanical Properties of Fluids
Chapter-14: Respiration in Plants
Chapter–11: Thermal Properties of Matter
Chapter-15: Plant - Growth and Development
Chapter-16: Digestion and Absorption
Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
Chapter-17: Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Chapter–13: Kinetic Theory
Chapter-18: Body Fluids and Circulation
Oscillation & Waves
Chapter-19: Excretory Products and Their Elimination
Chapter-20: Locomotion and Movement
Chapter-21: Neural Control and Coordination
Chapter-22: Chemical Coordination and Integration
2. Develop a comprehensive study schedule: Once familiar with the syllabus, candidates preparing for NEET from Class 11 must develop a proper study schedule. The plan of study should be such that there are no long monotonous hours and includes time for recreation as well. Studying time must be in short bursts especially during the time of the day when one feels most productive. The study plan should be organized and re-evaluated as time progresses. Higher priority must be given to the topics which carry more weightage in the NEET exam. Such topics from each subject have been listed for candidates’ reference purpose.
How to Prepare for NEET from Class 11 - Important Topics
Oscillations and Waves
Heat and Thermodynamics
States of matter
Hydrogen and S-block
Organic and Hydrocarbons
Diversity in the Living World
Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals
3. Know which books to choose from: For aspirants preparing for NEET from Class 11, the main focus should be on NCERT. Every concept included in the book, every formula, every numerical is something that the candidates should be well versed in. Once through with the NCERT, candidates must then try and solve questions from the Class 11 curriculum of these books mentioned below.
Objective Physics Vol. 1 by Arihant
Objective Chemistry Vol. 1 by Arihant
A to Z Biology for NEET Class 11 by Cengage
4. Study the topics chronologically: Candidates preparing for NEET from Class 11 must try and maintain a chronological order of topics while studying. A number of topics for NEET are inter-related and studying accordingly will help in better understanding of the underlying concepts and also prove to be useful at the time of revision.
5. Identify the strong and weak areas: Starting Class 11 aspirants must make it a point to be familiar with the topics they have a strong command over and also the topics they find to be on the tougher side. Accordingly, the study hours need to be divided among these so that the syllabus can be covered effectively.
6. Practice Regulary: The most important underlying strategy for how to prepare for NEET from Class 11 is, regular practice. Regular practice should encompass solving numerical, practicing formulas, schematic diagrams etc.
7. Revision is of utmost necessity: It is necessary that aspirants develop a habit of regular revision while preparing for NEET Class 11. Candidates tend to forget the syllabus of Class 11 once promoted to the higher class, so to make sure, that this does not happen, candidates should schedule revision as and when required.
8. Try and Solve Mock Tests: Although mock tests cover the entire syllabus of Class 11 and 12, however, candidates in Class 11 should also attempt to identify and solve the questions from Class 11 part as it will provide them with a fair estimate of how much time they exactly require in solving questions of a particular type and help them familiarize with the type of questions asked in the exam. The candidates can also work on their time management skills by taking up mock tests.
NEET 2020 Last Minute Preparation Tips - Check here for last minute preparation tips of NEET 2020...
NEET aspirants must know the NEET exam day guidelines 2020 in order to be prepared for the entran...
NEET sample papers 2020 - Use NEET 2020 sample papers for better preparations for exam. Download ...
NEET 2020 Latest News and Updates - MoHFW has announced NEET as single medical entrance exam as p...
NEET Answer Key 2020 - NTA will release NEET 2020 answer key in the fourth week of May 2020. Down...
Hello dear student,
Dear student both the books are really good but I would suggest you to go with mtg fingertip . I would suggest you to buy mtg fingertips and with that you should also buy previous year question paper booklet. also go through NCERT as many times as you can because NCERT is considered as god and maximum part in biology section comes directly from NCERT. Mtg fingertips is really handy book you will get all the important points highlighted that you should remember . while there are other good books for biology too that you should refer if you want to score good in NEET. But I will force you to study NCERT very thoroughly remember each and every line . study NCERT biology with interest only then you will be able to remember important points so whenever the question will come in front of you would already know the answer of it. I hope the above provided information is helpful to you.
let me clear your doubt.
First of all don't be panic and take too much stress. You can overcome this problem if you work hard. So here I am providing you few tips which will definitely help you out.
1.Collect all the study material of physics and revise it.
2.Go through ncert physics book of class 11 and 12 and make your concept clear.
3.if you have doubt in any topic you can watch online videos to clear your doubt.
4.solve previous year question paper for understanding the pattern of question and hoe to tackle the question within time limit.
5.solve sample paper and give mock test on regular basis.
6.make a proper time table and divide the chapter accordingly and complete the chapter according to the time table.
If you follow these tips your physics will improve.
I hope my answer will help you out
From 2020-2021 session onwards, there shall be only one entrance exam for admission to MBBS course and that is NEET
Earlier, AIIMS and JIPMER used to conduct their own entrance test which no longer will take place now.
So, yes NEET will be the only entrance test conducted for admission to MBBS
Yes, you are eligible to write NEET from UP, even though you want to take admission in a college of Delhi. The admission is taken on the basis of your marks and rank, so it does not matter from which state you have given the exam. But you won't get the benefit of state quota.
Hope it helps you.
Your NEET brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile