How to Prepare for NEET from Class 11 – Medical aspirants must ideally start preparing for NEET from Class 11. Starting NEET preparation from Class 11 will help the candidates build a strong foundation. NEET UG syllabus comprises questions from Class 11 as well as Class 12 distributed in an equal proportion. Preparing for NEET from Class 11 proves to be a great boon for in Class 12, aspirants have an additional pressure of performing well in the board examination. The concepts and topics included in Class 11 are crucial because only by understanding these candidates will be able to comprehend the curriculum of Class 12. Students preparing for NEET from Class 11 have more than a year in hand to refine their preparation strategies and must leave no stone unturned in the process. NEET UG aspirants can check this article below to know all about how to prepare for NEET from Class 11 including strategies, important topics and more.
Manipal Academy of Higher Education
Admissions 2019 OPEN | MAHE #1 Private university in India QS world Ranking
IMPORTANT: NEET 2019 Knockout Online Course Available for NEET Aspirants
[A personalized course to clear NEET 2019 with the access of Mock Test Series (Subject & Topic Wise), 250 Hours Videos & E-Lectures, 50,000+ Concepts & Topics, 16 Years NEET Solved Papers, Most Asked Questions, Personalized Strength Sheet and more. Get Now]
Download Free Sample Paper for NEETDownload Now
Aspirants must be aware that NEET 2019 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The mode of examination will be offline and will be conducted once a year.
Strategies on How to Prepare for NEET from Class 11
1. Decode the Syllabus: The foremost strategy for preparing for NEET from Class 11 is to get familiar with the syllabus and not be overwhelmed by it. The curriculum of Class 11 can be a bit intimidating for many but it is in the best interest of the candidates to deal with it tactfully. It is necessary that candidates must acquaint themselves with the NEET Class 11 chapters to develop a preparation strategy. Candidates can go through the NEET syllabus of Class 11 in the table given below.
NEET Class 11 Syllabus
Topic / Chapters
Topic / Chapters
Topic / Chapters
Diversity of Living Organisms
Basic Concepts of Chemistry
Physical world and measurement
Chapter-1: The Living World
Structure of Atom
Chapter–1: Physical World
Chapter-2: Biological Classification
Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties
Chapter–2: Units and Measurements
Chapter-3: Plant Kingdom
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
Chapter-4: Animal Kingdom
States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
Chapter–3: Motion in a Straight Line
Structural Organisation in Plants & Animals
Chapter–4: Motion in a Plane
Chapter-5: Morphology of Flowering Plants
Laws of Motion
Chapter-6: Anatomy of Flowering Plants
Chapter–5: Laws of Motion
Chapter-7: Structural Organisation in Animals
Work, Energy and Power
Cell: Structure and Function
Chapter–6: Work, Energy and Power
Chapter-8: Cell-The Unit of Life
Some p-Block Elements
Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
Organic Chemistry: Basic Principles & Techniques
Chapter–7: System of Particles and Rotational Motion
Chapter-10: Cell Cycle and Cell Division
Chapter-11: Transport in Plants
Properties of Bulk Matter
Chapter-12: Mineral Nutrition
Chapter–9: Mechanical Properties of Solids
Chapter-13: Photosynthesis in Higher Plants
Chapter–10: Mechanical Properties of Fluids
Chapter-14: Respiration in Plants
Chapter–11: Thermal Properties of Matter
Chapter-15: Plant - Growth and Development
Chapter-16: Digestion and Absorption
Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
Chapter-17: Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Chapter–13: Kinetic Theory
Chapter-18: Body Fluids and Circulation
Oscillation & Waves
Chapter-19: Excretory Products and Their Elimination
Chapter-20: Locomotion and Movement
Chapter-21: Neural Control and Coordination
Chapter-22: Chemical Coordination and Integration
Prepare for NEET 2019 with concept and topic wise videos by exam experts. Get the complete course videos direct to your inbox. Click to Subscribe
2. Develop a comprehensive study schedule: Once familiar with the syllabus, candidates preparing for NEET from Class 11 must develop a proper study schedule. The plan of study should be such that there are no long monotonous hours and includes time for recreation as well. Studying time must be in short bursts especially during the time of the day when one feels most productive. The study plan should be organized and re-evaluated as time progresses. Higher priority must be given to the topics which carry more weightage in the NEET exam. Such topics from each subject have been listed for candidates’ reference purpose.
How to Prepare for NEET from Class 11 - Important Topics
Laws of Motion
Work, Energy and Power
Oscillations and Waves
Heat and Thermodynamics
States of matter
Hydrogen and S-block
Organic and Hydrocarbons
Diversity in the Living World
Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals
3. Know which books to choose from: For aspirants preparing for NEET from Class 11, the main focus should be on NCERT. Every concept included in the book, every formula, every numerical is something that the candidates should be well versed in. Once through with the NCERT, candidates must then try and solve questions from the Class 11 curriculum of these books mentioned below.
Objective Physics Vol. 1 by Arihant
Objective Chemistry Vol. 1 by Arihant
A to Z Biology for NEET Class 11 by Cengage
4. Study the topics chronologically: Candidates preparing for NEET from Class 11 must try and maintain a chronological order of topics while studying. A number of topics for NEET are inter-related and studying accordingly will help in better understanding of the underlying concepts and also prove to be useful at the time of revision.
5. Identify the strong and weak areas: Starting Class 11 aspirants must make it a point to be familiar with the topics they have a strong command over and also the topics they find to be on the tougher side. Accordingly, the study hours need to be divided among these so that the syllabus can be covered effectively.
6. Practice Regulary: The most important underlying strategy for how to prepare for NEET from Class 11 is, regular practice. Regular practice should encompass solving numerical, practicing formulas, schematic diagrams etc.
7. Revision is of utmost necessity: It is necessary that aspirants develop a habit of regular revision while preparing for NEET Class 11. Candidates tend to forget the syllabus of Class 11 once promoted to the higher class, so to make sure, that this does not happen, candidates should schedule revision as and when required.
8. Try and Solve Mock Tests: Although mock tests cover the entire syllabus of Class 11 and 12, however, candidates in Class 11 should also attempt to identify and solve the questions from Class 11 part as it will provide them with a fair estimate of how much time they exactly require in solving questions of a particular type and help them familiarize with the type of questions asked in the exam. The candidates can also work on their time management skills by taking up mock tests.
More like NEET
Telangana MBBS Application Form 2019
Telangana MBBS Application Form 2019 will be released in the 3rd week of June by KNRUHS. Check Te...
Kerala MBBS Application Form 2019
Kerala MBBS Application Form 2019 - The Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE) will be tenta...
Kerala MBBS Admission 2019
Kerala MBBS Admission 2019 - CEE has released the notice that Kerala admission to MBBS and BDS co...
Admission through NEET
Admission through NEET- Careers360 presents here opening and closing ranks across all states and ...
Karnataka MBBS Application Form 2019
Karnataka MBBS Application Form 2019 - The registration facility for Karnataka state counselling ...
Questions related to NEET
Dear Student,Greetings.Please visit the link below of Careers 360 to get to know about the best books for preparation of NEET Preparations:https:/...
Dear Student, No. It's not possible now but the correction window will open from 19th to 31st in the month of January. You can make changes then.
Hi The upper age limit of Neet ug is 25 years for General category candidates .And for SC/ST/OBC candidate is 30 years .Thanks
Hey Sam,There is no particular app or website for doubt clearing anyways you have apps for Preparation but not for doubt clearing few of them areNE...