How to Prepare for NEET Biology – Medical UG aspirants starting their NEET Biology Preparation must be aware of all the tips and tricks that help them to achieve the best possible results. Candidates must start their preparation for NEET Biology since Class 11 as the syllabus carries equal distribution of questions from Class 11 and Class 12. In case one is wondering about how to prepare for NEET Biology, this article has got you covered. Biology section in the NEET question paper offers comprises 90 questions offering a total of 360 marks. Preparation for NEET Biology requires a candidate to be thorough with the NCERT as the syllabus and questions for the Biology are almost entirely based on it. Candidates undergoing their NEET Biology preparation must understand the concepts included in the syllabus and practice the questions based on their application. Analysis of NEET previous year question papers has revealed that the difficulty level of the question paper has increased over the years. Check here for all there is to know about preparation for NEET Biology including changes, important dates and more.LATEST: NEET hall ticket 2020 can be downloaded from March 27!
Latest: [Crack NEET 2020 with NEET Online Preparation Program, If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK] Know more
How to Prepare for NEET Biology - Preparation Strategies
1. Know and divide the syllabus: Candidates preparing for NEET Biology must be familiar with the fact that the syllabus of the subject is vast and requires deep understanding. The Biology portion comprises of 38 chapters from the curriculum of Class 11 and 12 combined. It is necessary for the candidates to break up the syllabus into smaller sections in order to prepare for NEET Biology and also have knowledge of the important topics so that the time of study could be devoted accordingly. A detailed description of the syllabus and the topics of importance among those have been provided here for candidates’ reference purpose.
Crack NEET 2020 with NEET Online Preparation Program, If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK
Syllabus for NEET Biology
Topic / Chapters
Diversity of Living Organisms
Chapter-1: The Living World
Chapter-1: Reproduction in Organisms
Chapter-2: Biological Classification
Chapter-2: Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Chapter-3: Plant Kingdom
Chapter-3: Human Reproduction
Chapter-4: Animal Kingdom
Chapter-4: Reproductive Health
Structural Organisation in Plants & Animals
Genetics and Evolution
Chapter-5: Morphology of Flowering Plants
Chapter-5: Principles of Inheritance and Variation
Chapter-6: Anatomy of Flowering Plants
Chapter-6: Molecular Basis of Inheritance
Chapter-7: Structural Organisation in Animals
Cell: Structure and Function
Biology and Human Welfare
Chapter-8: Cell-The Unit of Life
Chapter-8: Human Health and Diseases
Chapter-9: Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
Chapter-10: Cell Cycle and Cell Division
Chapter-10: Microbes in Human Welfare
Biotechnology and its Applications
Chapter-11: Transport in Plants
Chapter-11: Biotechnology - Principles and Processes
Chapter-12: Mineral Nutrition
Chapter-12: Biotechnology and its Application
Chapter-13: Photosynthesis in Higher Plants
Ecology and Environment
Chapter-14: Respiration in Plants
Chapter-13: Organisms and Populations
Chapter-15: Plant - Growth and Development
Chapter-15: Biodiversity and its Conservation
Chapter-16: Digestion and Absorption
Chapter-16: Environmental Issues
Chapter-17: Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Chapter-18: Body Fluids and Circulation
Chapter-19: Excretory Products and Their Elimination
Chapter-20: Locomotion and Movement
Chapter-21: Neural Control and Coordination
Chapter-22: Chemical Coordination and Integration
How to Prepare for NEET Biology - Important Topics
Based on the weightage and the frequency of questions over the years, the important topics for preparation of NEET Biology can be listed as
Physiology – Plant and Human
Reproduction – Flowering Plants and Human
Diversity in Living Organisms
Structural Organization in Living Organisms
Cell Structure and Function
2. Plan Out the Study Schedule: An effective plan of study goes a long way especially when it comes to preparing for NEET Biology keeping the entire syllabus in perspective. The time for each of the topic within the syllabus of NEET must be allocated according to the importance of the topics. It is also important that one adheres to the study schedule and includes changes in it as one progresses.
3. Choosing NEET Biology Books: This aspect is the most important for NEET Biology preparation. The quality of resources that one utilizes for preparation is reflected in the score. In the opinion of many toppers and experts, the NCERT should form the base of one’s understanding of concepts. However, to refine the preparation aspirants must also try to include the books mentioned below in their NEET Biology preparation.
Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman
Objective Biology by Dinesh
Objective Botany by Ansari
Pradeep Guide on Biology
Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips by MTG
4. Design tables and charts: Summarize your study in the form of charts and tables, that will act as a quick revision strategy preceding the exam days. Utilizing personal keywords that will enable to remember would prove to be the most useful. Try and include important applications and examples in these charts.
5. Practice earnestly: Aspirants preparing Biology for NEET 2020 must develop the habit of intense practice. Understanding of concepts in the theory can only be implemented through practice. A number of NEET sample papers and previous year question papers should be solved to acquire an idea about the pattern of questions that will be asked.
6. Take up mock tests: National Testing Agency is to set up practice centers across the country in various places so that candidates can practice taking online tests. Aspirants should, therefore, take up as many mock tests as possible to enhance their preparation for NEET Biology.
7. Revise Regularly: To reap the proper benefits of studying and practicing one should keep revising at regular intervals. This ensures that whatever has been studied stays fresh in the memory. Candidates should make it a point to revise the entire syllabus several times before the exams so as to be thorough with each concept included in each topic. The regular revision also allows one to keep track of the progress of the study.
How to Prepare for NEET Biology – Topper Tips
AIR 1, Kalpana Kumari who achieved the perfect score in NEET Biology in 2018 mentioned that she followed NCERT, regular practice and the notes provided at her coaching institute and said, “I never faced a difficulty in Biology but you need to give equal time to this section as well since it carries 360 marks”.
AIR 3, Himanshu Sharma, who scored 350 out of 360, considered NEET Biology to be a moderately tough section and said, “Since some of the questions in Biology were asked from outside the NCERT textbooks”. He referred to have studied authored books apart from the NCERT for preparation of NEET Biology.
Krishna Ashish Agarwal, NEET 2018 AIR 7, said, “If you want to clear NEET then Biology is the most important section”. He believed that solving practice papers helped him in scoring 350 out of 360 in NEET Biology.
How to Prepare for NEET Biology - Expert Opinion
Academic expert and Head of T.I.M.E. Chennai, Anand Nagarajan, says, “For NEET Biology, reading and re-reading NCERT textbooks is very important. NEET, without doubt, is a Biology-centric test with 50% of the questions coming from the subject. All chapters of Biology are equally important. Note down and memorize the common and scientific names of the organisms while reading. Developing a strong conceptual understanding will help students score well in Biology in NEET”.
Aakash Choudhary, Director of Aakash Educational Services, shares his take on NEET Biology preparation with Careers360 and says, “For NEET Biology Prepare ‘Human Physiology’, ‘Plant Physiology’, ‘Cell Biology’, and ‘Biomolecules’ from Class XI syllabus according to previous questions in NEET. Moreover, ‘Animalia’ and ‘Plantae’ must be given special attention as they are comparatively tough topics. The main emphasis, however, should be on characteristics of non-chordate and chordate phyla along with their examples. Also, memorize the common and scientific names of the organisms. Exercise as many numerical problems from ‘Genetics’ as you can along with the pedigree chart. You must also establish a strong understanding of conceptually about ‘Biotechnology’ and ‘Ecology’”.
The preparation strategies mentioned for NEET Biology as well as the opinions of experts and toppers are likely to assist aspirants in achieving the desired score in Biology section of NEET 2020.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
Total Number of Questions
Physics – 45 Questions
Chemistry – 45 Questions
Biology – 90 Questions
+4 marks for each correct answer;
-1 mark for each wrong answer;
0 mark for each unanswered question
Aggregate score calculation
Total number of correct answers X 4 – Total number of incorrect answers X 1
(Note: There are no marks for attempting of questions)
Jharkhand MBBS Counselling 2020 - JCECEB is the authority responsible for Jharkhand MBBS 2020 cou...
Gujarat MBBS admission 2020 - ACPUGMEC is the authority responsible for conducting Gujarat MBBS 2...
Goa MBBS Application Form 2020- DTE, Bardez will release the application form for Goa MBBS/BDS 20...
How to prepare for NEET 2020 in 3 months - Medicos can check 3 months study plan for NEET 2020. W...
UP NEET Application Form 2020 - DME to release UP NEET 2020 application form in the third week of...
Hope you are preparing well!! As we know that if our aim is big then we should go for hard and smart work in order to achieve that aim. Your aim is to become All India Topper of NEET, which is not going to be easy. But if you are full of determination, eagerness, strength and positive attitude then you can achieve whatever you want.
Here I provide you some smart tips for preparation of NEET exam :-
I hope this helps you in achieving your goal. We wish for your bright future.
All The Best!!
Going by previous All India cut offs and your rank, you may decent chances in Medical Colleges like:
Aarupadai Veedu Medical College
Sree Balaji Medical College
Having said that, this is 2019 data and cut offs change every year depending on various factors such as no.of Candidates appearing for the exam, no.of Candidates qualified, difficulty of the exam, and no.of seats available for each specialisation. Please try our College predictor to check the possibility of other specialisations with you rank across India: https://medicine.careers360.com/neet-pg-all-india-college-predictor
KPC is a Private Medical College and Private Medical Colleges do not participate in All India Counselling. Which means all the 100% seats are filled through State Counselling in the ratio of 40:50:10 or 30:60:10 where in 30-40% is Government Quota seats where in your target should be atleast 450-500 even under SC Category. The 50-60% is Management Quota seats where in your target should be atleast 400-450 provided you want to secure a seat under Counselling and you can even get a seat by qualifying under Direct admission but here the fees is nothing less than 40 lakhs. Now the 10% is for NRI students and its not applicable for you.
There is single girl child reservation in NEET. The details are available in the Information Bulletin. A single girl child who has no brother and sister and is the only child of her parents or has a twin sister is eligible for single girl child reservation. In 2013, Punjab introduced 1! quota for single girl child and victims of Aids and Cancer for admission to Technical Educational Institutes in the State. Later, it was also introduced to NEET. Please visit the official website for more information:
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
Amrita Institue of Medical Sciences
Delhi is difficult with this rank. Having said that, this is 2019 data and cut offs change every year depending on various factors such as no.of Candidates appearing for the exam, no.of Candidates qualified, difficulty of the exam, and no.of seats available for each specialisation. Please try our College predictor to check the possibility of other specialisations with you rank across India: https://medicine.careers360.com/neet-pg-all-india-college-predictor
Your NEET brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile