NTA NEET 2020 - Latest News & Updates, Answer Key (Soon), Result, Cutoff
NTA NEET 2020 has been successfully conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) on September 13, for admission to 82,926 MBBS, 26,949 BDS, 52,720 AYUSH and 525 BVSc & AH offered in colleges of India. The admit card of NEET NTA UG 2020 had been released on August 26, in online mode, at ntaneet.nic.in. As per the NTA NEET latest news, the authorities have released statistics regarding increase in examination centres in test cities. A public notice stating NEET 2020 COVID-19 advisory has also been released. Earlier, the authorities released an official notice on fake notification being circulated on NEET postponement and will take strict action against it. However, as per the report NTA NEET 2020 new exam date has been announced by the current education minister of India, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank'. NTA has released NEET 2020 National Testing Abhyaas app for the medical aspirants to practice in Hindi and English model test papers, with overall and subject-wise analysis. NTA NEET exam will contain 180 multiple choice questions which must be answered in three hours.
IMPORTANT: NEET result to be declared soon; click here for direct link by Careers360!
On November 30, 2019, NTA activated NEET official website, ntaneet.nic.in, for the academic year 2020-21. NTA is an approved autonomous body as a self-sustained testing organisation to conduct NEET and other entrance examinations for admissions to MBBS, AYUSH, BVSc & AH, BDS and admissions to medical abroad. Through a press conference on July 7, 2018, Prakash Javdekar declared NEET to be conducted by NTA. Only candidates who fulfill the specified eligibility criteria can apply for NEET 2020. NTA will declare the result of NTA NEET in the form of scorecard. Go through the article on NTA NEET 2020 for more information on its objectives, events, preparations tips and other details.
About NTA 2020
Aforementioned, National Testing Agency was established as an autonomous and self-sustained organization for conducting the national level examinations for admissions to various higher education institutions. Therefore, NTA has been registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. Along with NTA NEET, the autonomous body will also conduct other entrance examination like AIAPGET 2020, JEE Main, CMAT, IIFT, UGC NET among others. As per the decision of the cabinet, NTA has been given a one-time grant of Rs. 25 crores to get functional. In order to read the complete details about the creation of National Testing Agency - Click here.
NTA NEET 2020 Latest news and updates
- August 26, 2020: NTA has released the admit card of NEET on its official website. A link to download the admit card is provided above. Apart from exam day guidelines, NEET 2020 admit card also carries 'Advisory for Candidates Regarding COVID-19'.
- August 25, 2020: In a public notice, the authorities have provided statistics of the increase in exam centres for NEET 2020 as compared to the previous year. It has also been informed that instead of 24 candidates, this year, there will only be 12 candidates in one classroom.
- August 21, 2020: NTA has released the NEET 2020 COVID 19 advisory, also known as SOP for smooth conduct of the medical examination. The SOP comprises a set of standards and the operating norms between the conducting authority and centres conducting the exam. The stages of the SOP is categorised into three critical stages which are pre-examination, exam conduct and post-examination measures at examination centres.
- August 20, 2020: NTA has released the official notice confirming the exam date of NEET 2020. Authorities has also notified students that NEET admit card 2020 to be released soon, exam city allotted. NEET exam centre city, where candidates can appear for the test has been allotted to them, as per their preferences filled.
- August 18, 2020: Students' advocate Alakh Alok Srivastava writes a letter to PM Modi and education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' demanding the postponement of NEET exam, reasons of postponement in his tweet.
- August 17, 2020: SC has dismissed the plea for postponement of the NEET 2020 exam. In its order, the Supreme Court stated that they cannot put the careers of the students in jeopardy for long. The court also said NEET will not be postponed and will be conducted as per the schedule. 11 petitioners from 11 states who filed the plea for postponement had informed through an official tweet. Also, the advocate Anubha Shrivastava Sahai said that they will approach PMO and President for sutdent's safety.
- August 13, 2020: As per the latest update by Live Law, NTA submitted an affidavit to the Supreme Court, the NTA has clarified NEET 2020 to be held in single shift, same day; no exam centres abroad. The affidavit has been submitted to maintain uniformity in the entrance exam for all aspirants.
- July 16, 2020: NTA has extended the correction window facility of NEET application form till July 20, 2020.
- July 4, 2020: NEET 2020 application form correction widow is available till from July 4 to July 15, 2020 till 5 PM.
- July 3, 2020: HRD Minister, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank took to twitter to announce the postponement of NEET 2020 from July 26 to September 13.
- July 2, 2020: Considering the number of requests on NEET 2020 postponed or not by parents and students in India and abroad due to COVID-19 epidemic, the Human Resource and Development (HRD) minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' has tweeted asking NTA Director General (DG) with other experts to review the situation and submit the report by tomorrow, which is, July 3, 2020.
- June 17, 2020: In a recent activity, NTA has released a public notice on fake news being spread regarding NEET 2020 postponement through various sources and social media platforms. NTA has mentioned that investigation is being done and strict action will be followed.
- May 24, 2020: Through an official notice, the conducting authority has announced that NTA NEET exam date is July 26, 2020, in pen and paper-based mode. Candidates can check the NEET UG by NTA below.
- May 15, 2020: NTA has re-opened the NEET correction window facilities for registered aspirants till May 31.
- May 5, 2020: The Union Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD), Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank in online interaction specified the date of NEET 2020 conduction i.e. July 26.
- April 14, 2020: NTA has continued the NEET correction window facility till May 3, 2020.
- April 1, 2020: NTA has reactivated NEET UG application form correction facility till April 14, 2020, 5:00 PM. The last date of fee payment is April 14, 2020, till 11:55 PM.
- March 28, 2020: NTA has reverted to all those candidates who sent a query regarding the cancellation of the exam as well as for the admit card. A screenshot of the mail is mentioned below.
- March 27, 2020: NTA has extended the events if NEET 2020. As authorities will going to release admit card of NEET after April 15. Considering the current situation, NTA NEET 2020 has been postponed till the last week of May.
- February 11, 2020: The website of NTA NEET i.e. ntaneet.nic.in has gone under maintenance. Candidates are advised not to panic as any updations in the website after maintenance will be notified in the article.
Objectives of NEET NTA 2020?
National Testing Agency (NTA) believes in quality, equity, security of assessments, effectiveness and efficiency. Below are some of the major objective of NTA for NEET 2020.
With the beginning of NTA, it has been clarified that these agencies are solely responsible for conduction of NEET examination and focus on core activities.
NTA conducts NEET 2020 for transparency, high reliability, standardized difficulty level in the entrance examination.
It has also mentioned that NTA will take NEET 2020 to check the intelligence and problem-solving abilities of a student.
NTA will introduce the qualify difference in NEET UG exam process through research and scientific test designs with the help of experts, researchers, statisticians, psychometricians, test item writers and other education specialists.
These test items writers will make sure to prepare the quality of questions as per the design of the test.
The experts, statisticians, subject matter experts are being identified for being recruited by NTA for NEET.
NTA NEET 2020 will ensure no leakages and other malpractices during the exam or admission procedure.
Before the preparation of NEET question papers 2020, the item writers will be provided the feedback of previous years’ papers to give an idea to make test items which are more valid and reliable.
NTA NEET 2020 dates
As mentioned, the exam dates of NEET 2020 has been announced by NTA. Candidates can check the NTA NEET exam dates from the table below to keep themselves updated with the upcoming events.
NTA NEET schedule
Release of application form
December 2, 2019
Last date of registration
January 6, 2020 (extended)
|Re-opening of application form for registered candidates||February 3 to 9, 2020 |
(up to 11:50 PM)
|Correction window re-opened||April 1 to May 31, 2020|
|Correction window re-opened||July 2 to 20, 2020|
Admit card issuance date
August 26, 2020 - Released
NTA NEET exam
September 13, 2020 - Latest
Declaration of result
To be announced
NTA NEET 2020 changes
Unlike last year, NTA is the regulatory body for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test - NEET 2020 for the second consecutive year. Therefore, in comparison to the previous year, there will be less changes expected for NEET. Here are some of the changes which might happen in NEET NTA for the academic year 2020.
With the announcement of schedule, NTA made the changes in NEET important dates 2020. The application form will be released a month later than the previous year. Last year, the registration was started on November 1.
For the year 2020, it is expected that exam cities of NTA NEET 2020 will increase more than last year. In 2019, the exam was held in a total of 2546 centres located in 154 cities, which showed an increase of 16.67% and 12.90% respectively.
Earlier as per the reports, it was expected that NTA will conduct a computer based NEET exam. However, as per the schedule released, the exam will be held in pen and paper based mode.
NTA NEET 2020 Important Events
Here are the major events of NEET NTA 2020, which every applicant should keep a track on, to complete the admission process.
NEET NTA registration
NTA had re-opened the application form of NEET 2020 for registered candidates on February 3, candidates could fill the same till February 9. Only those who will fulfill the certain NEET eligibility criteria 2020 were considered to register themselves online. The last date for online registration was January 6. It is mandatory to register to take NEET offline exam.
NEET 2020 application form can be filled in five steps, which includes:
NEET application steps
Steps to fill
Filling of application form
Uploading of images
Payment of fees
Printout of confirmation page
For successful submission of NEET UG application form, it is important to deposit the fees as prescribed by the authority. NTA NEET application fee can only be paid either in online mode through credit/debit cards/net banking or in offline mode using E-challan of SBI bank.
Only candidates whose application forms were filled and accepted by NTA for NEET 2020 could edit their mistakes through one-time opportunity of correction window. NEET correction window 2020 was available from January 15 to 31, 2020. The registered aspirants can only edit father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender and category.
NTA NEET admit card 2020
Ntaneet.nic.in has released the admit card of NEET 2020 for successfully registered candidates on August 26. In order to download NEET 2020 admit card, aspirants need to enter application number, password, date of birth and security number. The hall ticket will display personal details, date & time of exam, address and name of NEET exam centre 2020 and other guidelines which needs to be followed on the D-day.
Candidates are advised to download the admit card and cross-check the details printed on it. In case of any discrepancy in the hall ticket, aspirants must immediately bring it to NTA officers for rectification. It is mandatory to carry the admit card at the exam centre along with ID proof and photograph for verification purposes.
NTA NEET 2020 exam
NTA will conduct NEET 2020 on September 13, for admission to around 75,893 MBBS and 26,693 BDS seats in 529 and 313 medical as well as dental colleges, respectively. NEET question paper 2020 will contain 45 questions each from Physics and Chemistry, while 90 questions from Biology, making a total of 180 multiple choice questions. The exam will be held only for three hours from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. As per the official NEET exam pattern 2020, four (4) marks will be awarded for every correct answer, while one (1) will be deducted for each negative response. There will be no mark for any attempted question.
NEET answer key by NTA
Within a month of offline exam, NEET answer key 2020 by NTA will be released on the official website. Candidates can download the answer key using the NTA NEET 2020 login credentials. Select the code of question paper allotted and match the correct answer with the responses marked. If any aspirant find some discrepancy in NTA NEET official answer key 2020, they can challenge it on or before the last date by paying Rs. 1000 per question. Along with the answers, NTA 2020 will also provide the official OMR sheet of candidate displaying responses marked.
NEET NTA 2020 result
The result of NEET 2020 will be announced at ntaneet.nic.in. NTA will release NEET result 2020 in the form of scorecard. In order to download result-cum-scorecard, aspirants need to enter their roll number, date of birth and provided security pin. Candidates need to secure the minimum NEET 2020 cutoff percentile to qualify the entrance test. The cutoff percentile for general category is 50th percentile, while SC/ST/OBC must secure at least 40th percentile. The marks corresponding to the cutoff percentile will be announced along with the result.
NTA NEET preparations 2020
In order to crack NEET 2020 with 600+ scores, NTA provides the facility for medical students such as practice test, video lectures, exam analysis and others for better and rigorous preparations. Below are the details and links of NTA NEET 2020 preparation materials introduced for candidates.
NTA NEET mock test 2020
To facilitate the medical candidates, NTA has introduced a facility of NEET mock test 2020 on its official website. This mock test of NTA NEET 2020 will help aspirants to understand the actual environment of MBBS/BDS entrance examination. Students will get familiarised with aspects of NEET exam pattern including marking scheme, design of questions and format of exam. The regular practice of NEET official mock test by NTA helps to solve the trickier questions with an ease, so that students do not face trouble during NEET examination. Since, the exam is conducted only for three hours, therefore, speed and accuracy to answer the questions is crucial, which can be performed by accurate practice of NTA NEET 2020 mock test. Also, after the completion of each mock test practice, analyse the performance to know where an applicant lacks and can work on the weakness.
Below are steps which can be followed by interested candidates who wish to use NEET mock test 2020 by NTA.
How to take NTA NEET 2020 mock test?
In order to use the facility of NEET mock test by NTA, aspirants need to follow the procedure mentioned below.
To take the official NEET mock test, Click here
The link will redirect to the selection of examination, where medical aspirants need to select ‘NEET’. Also choose the subject for preparation.
Then, click on ‘start mock test’ option.
The login page will be displayed on the screen, where the credentials will be mentioned. Thus, candidates do not have to login.
After logging in, read the general instructions of NTA NEET 2020 mock test regarding answering the questions, navigation and others.
Accept the terms and conditions to start the mock test of NEET and click on proceed.
Take NTA NEET mock test 2020 for a particular subject. After the test is over, submit it to know the total marks scored and subject-wise analysis.
NTA NEET Video Lectures 2020
In order to facilitate the medical candidates for better preparations, NTA NEET 2020 video lectures by IIT-PAL has been provided. These video lectures has been prepared and presented by reputed professors and matter experts of IIT for clarifying the doubts of students. The video lectures has been prepared on the basis of important topics of NEET 2020 from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. However, it should also be noted that NTA does not take any guarantee for the questions to be asked in the question paper of NEET 2020.
What is IIT-PAL?
IIT-PAL is an app designed to help the aspirants for NEET preparations. This application has been designed and developed for the candidates from under-privileged background, so that they lack behind during NEET preparations 2020 due to unavailability of guidance and coaching institutes.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NTA NEET 2020 - Latest News & Updates, Answer Key (Soon), Result, Cutoff
Question: Can students applying for NTA NEET 2020 can join Test Practice Centre (TPCs)?
As per the officials, no mock test has been made available for medical aspirants at NTA NEET practice centre. A notice will be published on the website of NTA NEET as when the TPC will be available for applicants.
Question: What are the changes taken by NTA for NEET 2020?
No official information regarding the changes in NEET 2020 has been mentioned. It will be provided on this page when announced. Meanwhile, candidates can check the expected changes of NEET 2020 above.
Question: What is the latest notification about NTA NEET 2020 exam?
Through the official website, NTA has released the NEET 2020 admit card for exam. Check NEET dates in the table above.
Question: What are the facilities provided by NTA for NEET 2020 preparations?
The regulatory authority has made the facility of NTA mock tests for future NEET test takers. Also, the applicants can use the video lectures of NTA NEET 2020 by IIT professors/subject experts available on the official website. For more details, check the article above.
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2020 - KEA, Bangalore, has declared...
Admission to AYUSH courses through NEET: AACCC to start AYUSH...
Questions related to NEET
I HAVE SCORED 137 MARKS IN NEET 47.84 PERCENTILE AND BELONG TO SC CATEGORY WITH WEST BENGAL STATE RANK 12007. CAN I GET ANY COLLEGE MBBS THROUGH MANAGEMENT OR STATE QUOTA IN 2ND OR MOP UP ROUND ?
137 marks aren't enough to secure you a seat in any medical college whatsoever, and this year more so because cut-offs are quite high, if you have aspirations for pursuing career in medical field then it's better you appear for NEET next year, till now NTA hasn't announced the schedule but even if it follows the usual schedule if you work diligently with focus, dedication then you'll surely get good marks, to help you out in this regard we have NEET Knockout Package, check out at https://learn.careers360.com/knockout-neet-may/
my rank is 78078 in neet 2020 will I get mbbs seat in Karnataka state counseling ?
As of now it's tough to say which college you can get because the cutoff changes every year with college and this year the cutoff went high and also few seats have been increased.but with previous year analysis and your rank we can find you possibilities into the colleges.as you did not mention your category considering you can Gen student,you have good chances to fetch a seat in govt medical colleegs of Karnataka under state counselling.last year minimum cutofff for eevry college is above 1 lakh.this year the cutoff rose by 30-40 marks which changed the ranks by atleast 30k more.so your chances into colleegs may differ.nevertheless give a try.for more info check: https://www.google.com/amp/s/medicine.careers360.com/articles/neet-cutoff-karnataka/amp
To know what chances you have accurately check: https://medicine.careers360.com/neet-college-predictor
Hope this helps,
is neet exam is required for bsc Anastasia technology course
I hope you are safe and healthy.
B.Sc. in Anesthesia Technology is a 3-year full-time undergraduate degree course. The eligibility for this course is the 12th or equivalent examination in the Science stream with a minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
The average course fee offered by a majority of the institutes for candidates who wish to pursue B.Sc. in Anesthesia Technology ranges from INR 25,000 to 41,500 per year.
The candidates can gain admission to the institutes offering B.Sc. in Anesthesia Technology program through an entrance examination and a screening test.
But it mostly depends on the institute itself. Most institutes follow merit based admission process, where marks scored in board exam and/or relevant entrance test are taken into consideration. Some institutes follow direct admission process. High profile institutes are known to have their own screening test for selecting candidates. So, to confirm the same I recommend you to visit the official website of the college or university.
I hope you find it useful.
what is the date for PG medical neet,jipmer and PGI
NEET PG 2021 was earlier scheduled to be held on January 10, 2021, while NEET MDS 2021 was scheduled on December 16, 2020. But this date has been postponed. The new date for conducting NEET PG 2021 has not been released by the conducting body yet. You can expect it could be held after April, though there is no official information yet. JIPMER could be held in mid December or at beginning of January.
Hope it would be helpful.
Hii I am PCB student I got 65% in HSC and gave neet 2020 but I am not qualified in neet. If I got admission Bsc nursing course in mumbai government college?
NEET marks are not required to get into B.sc Nursing course. For getting admission into B.sc Nursing course, you need to follow the admission procedure of that particular institute for nursing admission. Many institutions conducts entrance examination and some do admission on the basis of marks scored in class 12 board examination. There are many government colleges in Mumbai, please mention the particular institute in which you want to take admission into the B.sc Nursing course.