How to Prepare for NEET Physics – Medical aspirants usually find preparing for NEET Physics to be the most challenging. NEET Physics preparation requires the most effort, since, it comprises a wide variety of theoretical concepts and a vast array of numerical problems associated with each concept. NEET physics syllabus carries almost equal weightage of questions from Class 11 and Class 12. Candidates must, therefore, equally focus on the overall syllabus during the preparation of NEET Physics 2020. A total of 45 questions are included in the physics section of NEET which sums up to a total of 180 marks in the exam. Scoring good marks in NEET Physics is essential to generate a better overall score required for admission to MBBS and BDS courses. Preparing for NEET 2020 physics requires candidates to possess a thorough understanding of every minor concept in order to be able to apply it to the numerical questions. For all the details on how to prepare for NEET Physics including strategies, and tips from toppers and experts candidates can check the article below.LATEST: NTA has re-opened NEET 2020 application form correction window till April 14!
Latest: [Crack NEET 2020 with NEET Online Preparation Program, If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK] Know more
How to Prepare for NEET Physics – Strategies
1. Analyze the syllabus methodically: One of the major strategies involved in how to prepare for NEET Physics is a systematic analysis of the syllabus. The syllabus of NEET Physics consists of 29 chapters including the curriculum of both Class 11 and 12. The detailed syllabus for NEET physics preparation has been provided below.
Crack NEET 2020 with NEET Online Preparation Program, If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK
Topic / Chapters
Physical world and measurement
Chapter–1: Physical World
Chapter-1: Electric Charges and Fields
Chapter–2: Units and Measurements
Chapter-2: Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
Chapter–3: Motion in a Straight Line
Chapter-3: Current Electricity
Chapter–4: Motion in a Plane
Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism
Laws of Motion
Chapter-4: Moving Charges and Magnetism
Chapter–5: Laws of Motion
Chapter-5: Magnetism and Matter
Work, Energy and Power
Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
Chapter–6: Work, Energy and Power
Chapter-6: Electromagnetic Induction
Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
Chapter-7: Alternating Current
Chapter–7: System of Particles and Rotational Motion
Chapter-8: Electromagnetic Waves
Properties of Bulk Matter
Chapter-9: Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
Chapter–9: Mechanical Properties of Solids
Chapter-10: Wave Optics
Chapter–10: Mechanical Properties of Fluids
Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Chapter–11: Thermal Properties of Matter
Chapter-11: Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
Atoms & Nuclei
Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
Chapter–13: Kinetic Theory
Oscillation & Waves
Chapter-14: Semiconductor Electronics
2. Know the Important Topics for NEET Physics: Preparation of NEET 2020 physics requires candidates to possess knowledge about the topics which carry more weightage than others based on analysis of previous year question papers. This strategy can prove to be very helpful to candidates wondering as to how to prepare for NEET Physics.
Heat and Thermodynamics
Simple Harmomic Motion
3. Build Conceptual Clarity: Candidates preparing for NEET Physics 2020 must always begin with a clear understanding of the concepts involved. In addition to learning the theoretical part of the concept, one must also learn to integrate the knowledge of the concepts in solving multiple choice questions and numerical based problems.
4. Choose Your Preparation Material: The main prep material for NEET Physics should be the NCERT. Candidates preparing for NEET Physics must ensure that they learn all the concepts included in the syllabus ad solve all the numericals including those covered in the example section of the NCERT. Additionally, candidates should refer to these books mentioned below to for practicing numericals and understanding how the concepts are applied.
NCERT Physics Class XI & Class XII
Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
Objective Physics By DC Pandey
Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips (Physics) by MTG
5. Master Formulas: When it comes to NEET 2020 physics, formulas form an integral part of preparation. It is necessary that candidates know and learn all the formulas. One should develop a habit of maintaining a notebook with all the important formulas and their associated concepts.
6. Practice: It is an undeniable fact that Physics preparation for NEET 2020 requires intense practice. Be it formulas, or numericals everything has to be thoroughly practiced. Regular practice introduces one to varied kinds of questions and also helps in learning to implement the concepts while solving the questions. Candidates should also practice solving previous year question papers of NEET Physics.
7. Time Yourself: Time is a very important factor in case of NEET Physics. Candidates must try and solve the NEET 2020 question paper for Physics within a limited time frame. This will help in developing speed and boost confidence for the actual exam day.
8. Solve Mock Tests: Aspirants must solve mock tests online to have an idea of the actual exam day scenario. A host of practice centres are to be set up by the NTA that would be accessible even on Saturdays and Sundays. Since NEET 2020 might be held offline, therefore, candidates are advised to take up as many mock tests as possible.
9. Make Way for Revision: It is essential for candidates preparing for NEET Physics to develop the habit of regular revision. Considering that the syllabus of NEET Physics contains numerous concepts and formulas, regular revision is the only way to keep the topics fresh in mind till the exam.
NEET 2019 AIR 2, Bhavik Bansal, who obtained full marks 180 out of 180 in the subject, shares his take on NEET Physics and says, “Physics is lengthy so I tried to give more time to this section especially to chapters like Rotation." Talking about the best books for NEET 2020 Physics, Bhavik shared that, "Students these days try to ignore Physics NCERT, thinking that it is not required. But it is well written and difficult to understand. Another book named as NCERT Exemplar can be considered as the bible for candidates who has Physics as their weaker section."
Discussing his views on NEET Physics, NEET 2018 AIR 7, Krishna Ashish Agrawal who scored 170 out of 180 in the subject, says, “Physics was a little tricky for me so I tried to pay more attention to this section. Mechanics under Physics section was the toughest topic for me. I had a prepared schedule for each section and I tried to closely follow till the last days. I studied for 6-7 hours each day and believed in my teachers whatever knowledge they imparted me I followed it.”
“For Physics, getting well-versed with the formulas is pertinent. Make a chapter-wise formula chart and practice as many questions as possible to get the important formulas at your fingertips. The most important topics in Physics include Mechanics and Electricity.” says academic expert and Head of T.I.M.E, Chennai, Anand Nagarajan.
Important study areas in NEET Physics have been analyzed by expert Aakash Chaudhary, Director of Aakash Education Services, who says, “On an average, 85% of the questions asked in NEET have an easy or average difficulty level. A large share of such questions is formula-based. Make a chapter-wise chart of all the formulae in Physics and pin it in front of your study table. It will be beneficial if you also learn all the relations as doing so will save a lot of time during the final exam. Emphasise on topics such as ‘System of Particle and Rotational Motion’, ‘Current Electricity’, ‘Semiconductor Electronics’, ‘Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter’ and ‘Optics’.”
Total Number of Questions
Physics – 45 Questions
Chemistry – 45 Questions
Biology – 90 Questions
+4 marks for each correct answer;
-1 mark for each wrong answer;
0 mark for each unanswered question
Aggregate score calculation
Total number of correct answers X 4 – Total number of incorrect answers X 1
(Note: There are no marks for attempting of questions)
NEET 2020 exam centres in West Bengal - Candidates can refer to this article to check over the li...
NEET 2020 exam centre in Tamil Nadu - Candidates can select upto 4 NEET 2020 exam centres in Tam...
NEET 2020 exam has postponed due to 21 days COVID-19 Lockdown. Check NEET 2020 admit card new rel...
NEET 2020 exam centres in Odisha - Candidates can have a look over this article for NEET exam cen...
NEET 2020 exam centres in Haryana - Candidates can refer to this article to check the list of NEE...
Hello Soukhya mutta,
The expected NEET cut off score for BMC Bangalore -
UR - 701-134
OBC/SC/ST - 133-107
UR-PH - 133-120
I'm also sharing a link with you from where you will get the information about the last year cut off, so that you'll get the idea for the expected cut off for this year
HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU
The expected NEET cut off score for MBBS at Bangalore medical school -
General - 512 - 644
OBC/SV/ST - 524 - 581
GN PWD - 454
I'm also sharing a link with you from where you will get the information about the last year cut off, so that you'll get the idea for this year expected cut off for Bangalore medical college
As neet mds is the entrance exam conducted for getting seat for good college for the medical courses as you got 2398 rank in neet mds so i cannot surely say that you may get seat in SDM dharward as it is a top college in India there are less chances to get seat in that college and apply for tge top 10 private medical colleges and mske a list that on which course you want to get further and let's hope for the best to get seat in the SDM DHARWARD study well and work hard to get good marks in the future examinations ALL THE BEST for your future and i think my suggestions and knowledge may be helpful to u.
Here are the important chapters:-
1) Diversity in Living World
2) Cell Structure and Function
3) Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
4) Plant Physiology
5) Human Physiology
7) Genetics and Evolution
8) Biotechnology and Its Applications
9) Biology and Human Welfare
10) Ecology and environment
1) Physical World & Measurement
3) Laws of motion
4) Work, energy and power
5) Motion of System Of Particles and Rigid Body
7) Properties of bulk matter
8) Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic theory
10) Oscillations and Waves
12) Current Electricity
13) Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
14) Electromagnetic Waves
16) Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
17) Atoms And Nuclei
18) Electronic devices
19) Electromagnetic Induction and alternating Currents
Hope this helps. Thank you.
For full syllabus:-
As neet entrance exam is conducted by the central board of india to get seat in the good colleges or universities for medical courses as you rectified the mistake in the neet registration form and you got a otp and typing that otp generated in your phone and by that you rectified the mistake and submitted and you have done everything in the correct order so your registration form submitted is successful so stay concentrated anf focused and study well and work hard to get good marks in the good colleges or universities ALL THE BEST for your future and i think my suggestions and knowledge may be helpful to u.
Your NEET brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile