JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2020 - Postgraduate medical aspirants appearing for JIPMER entrance exam can do well if they know the JIPMER PG 2020 exam pattern. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherryhas released the exam pattern of JIPMER PG 2020 along with the information brochure on September 18, 2019. JIPMER PG is the entrance exam will be held nationwide across 10 cities for admission to programmes at the institute’s campus in Puducherry. The JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2020 gives all details about the exam date and duration, mode, syllabus, shifts, timings, question type, total marks, marking scheme, etc to allow candidates to be prepared for what to expect in the entrance exam.LATEST: JIPMER PG admit card 2020 released; download till December 8!
Latest: [Want to Know Colleges, Specialization to Apply on the basis of your JIPMER PG Scores, Click here]
Candidates wishing to pursue their MD/MS/MDS form JIPMER, Puducherry would find it advantageous to understand the JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2020. All the details regarding the exam date, syllabus, shift timings, question type etc. pertaining to exam pattern are mentioned below.
Know your admission chances
1. Exam Date and Mode - The exam date for JIPMER PG 2020 January session is December 8, 2019. It will be conducted in online mode
2. Duration of exam - Exam duration is different for different courses. PLease go through the table below.
1 hour 30 minutes
3. Language of exam - As per the exam pattern of JIPMER PG, candidates can appear for the exam only in English language.
4. Shift - There will be a single shift for the entrance exam for all the three courses (MD/MS/MDS)
5. Timings - The timings of the entrance exam differs course wise. For candidates appearing for MD/MS the timings are 10 AM to 1 PM and for those appearing for MDS the timings are 10 AM to 11:30 AM
6. Question type and Number of questions - The exam will have multiple choice questions for all three courses. Candidates are required to note that there will be 250 questions for MD/MS and 100 questions for MDS
7. Total marks - Since the number of questions differs for courses, thus the total marks is also different. Please refer to the table below for total marks
8. Marking scheme - It is essential for candidates to note that as per JIPMER PG exam pattern 2020 there is negative marking for wrong answers in the exam. For every correct answer candidate is awarded 4 marks and every wrong answer is a loss of 1 mark to him/her. Unanswered questions will neither get marks nor deduction.
9. Syllabus - The subjects included in the exam syllabus for JIPMER PG 2020 are Clinical Science and Basic Clinical Science (MD/MS course) and Dental Science and Basic Clinical Science (MDS course). There are particular topics from these subjects that the candidates needs to study. The table below lists all the topics from these subjects.
10. Questions from each subject - There is a clear bifurcation in the number of questions from each subject. Refer to the table below for a clear idea.
Basic Clinical Science
11. Selection Process - The process of selection is done on the basis of marks secured and performance of candidates in JIPMER PG exam.
12. Tie-breaker - If two or more candidates secure same marks then the below-mentioned tie-breaker rules will apply
Negative marks: The candidate who has secured less number of negative markings, which means who has given less incorrect answers will be preferred
Age: In case the tie exists the candidate who is older by age will be considered
High aggregate marks: If the tie continues then the candidate who gets higher aggregate marks will be getting a higher rank
After familiarising with JIPMER PG 2020 exam pattern, the next step for candidates is to get knowledge about the syllabus of exam. JIPMER PG MD/MS course includes two basic subjects, i.e., Clinical Science and Basic Clinical Science and for MDS course the subjects are Basic Clinical Science and Dental Science. The table given below lists the topics included in these subjects
Pathology, Microbiology and
Forensic Medicine, Toxicology and Biostatistics
Community Medicine, Medicine,
Obstetrics and Gynecology,
Psychiatry, Radio Diagnosis,
Radio Therapy, Emergency Medicine, Orthopedics, Nuclear Medicine,
Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine
Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
Oral Medicine and Radiology
Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Periodontology
Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Public Health Dentistry
General Anatomy including embryology and histology
General human physiology and Biochemistry
Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology
General Pathology and Microbiology
General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics General Medicine General Surgery
According to the non-disclosure agreement, candidates are not allowed to share, reproduce, publish or transmit some or any of the details of the exam outside the examination hall. JIPMER is a proprietary examination and by registering for it candidates are by default abided to this agreement and all the other terms and conditions mentioned in the MD/MS/MDS prospectus.
JIPMER PG Result 2020 - JIPMER, Puducherry will release the result of JIPMER PG 2020 on or before...
JIPMER PG Admit Card 2020 - JIPMER Puducherry has released JIPMER PG 2020 admit card on November ...
JIPMER PG 2020 - JIPMER Puducherry has released the admit card of JIPMER PG exam (January session...
JIPMER PG Cutoff 2020 - JIPMER, Puducherry will release JIPMER PG 2020 cutoff for medical graduat...
JIPMER PG Counselling 2020 - JIPMER, Puducherry will begin offline JIPMER PG 2020 counselling fro...
Yes, Transfer and migration certificates (from last university attendance) are mandatory for JIPMER PG Counselling. As per the rules:-
•Candidates will be permitted to attend the counseling only after the verification of biometrics, photo and certificates.
You can kindly check below link:-
Hope! It'll help.
index medical colleges and research center is affiliated by Malwanchal university, there is no courses available on msc in biochemistry in respective university. you may follow the below link to know more clarification:
there are below mention courses available in gandhi eye hospital,
Post Graduate courses
DNB From National Board of Examination, New Delhi
Two year Diploma in optometry affiliated to state medical faculty, lucknow.
Two year Diploma in Orthoptics affiliated to state medical faculty, lucknow.
One Year Bridge Course
One Year Bridge Course For Orthoptics Diploma passed Students To Cover Diploma in Optometry.
Short term course i.e. 7 days course in contact lens practice twice in a year i.e. April & Sept.
follow official website for know more details,
Medical aspirants have to fulfill the required JIPMER PG 2020 eligibility criteria if they plan to appear for the January session of MD/MS and MDS courses. Eligibility criteria of JIPMER PG details nationality, qualifying exam, internship, work experience, minimum qualifying marks etc. Candidates who meet the prescribed JIPMER PG eligibility criteria 2020 can fill the application form from September 18.
Here is a link that will help you to understand if you're eligible or not:
Your JIPMER PG brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile