FMGE Eligibility Criteria 2017: Aspirants interested in appearing for the FMGE exam can check below the eligibility criteria of FMGE 2017 for December session as declared by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). FMGE is an evaluatory exam for Foreign Medical Graduates (FMGs) who are Indians or OCIs (Overseas Citizens of India) wanting to practice in India. The FMGE registration is mandatory and is granted by Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC). The entrance exam is held twice a year in June and December. This year the FMGE 2017 December session exam is scheduled to be held on December 21. The candidates are required to fulfil the FMGE 2017 eligibility criteria failing which the NBE reserves all the rights to disqualify them under any circumstances.
The FMGE 2017 December session application forms will tentatively be released in the last week of October 2017 while, the last date for the submission of the FMGE application form tentatively is towards the end of November 2017.
Aspirants can note below the highlights of FMGE Eligibility Criteria 2017
1. He/she must be a bonafide citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
2. He/she must possess the requisite primary medical qualification either whose name and the institution awarding it are included in the World Directory of Medical Schools, published by the World Health Organization; or which is duly attested by the Indian embassy concerned, to be recognised as a medical practitioner in India.
3. Candidates seeking provisional or permanent registration and holding undergraduate as well as postgraduate medical degrees from the following countries do not need to undertake the FMGE exam as they can register themselves directly with MCI or any SMC.
The United States of America
4. Candidates failing to meet the eligibility criteria of FMGE 2017 for December session will not be given admission under any circumstance.
5. The candidate is required to provide the documentary proof to support his/her primary medical qualification obtained in the country he/she secured it from.
6. Candidates are advised to read the official brochure of FMGE 2017 in order to understand the FMGE 2017 eligibility criteria.
Stay tuned to medicine.careers360.com for latest update on FMGE 2017