NEET PG Result 2018 – National Board of Examination (NBE) has released NEET PG 2018 All India 50% Quota (AIQ) ranks and AIQ scorecard of candidates eligible to participate in 50% AIQ counselling of NEET PG 2018. Candidates can check and download their NEET PG 2018 AIQ Scorecard from the link given below. The 50% AIQ scorecard of NEET PG 2018 mentions candidates' AIQ rank and AIQ category rank. NBE declared the result of NEET PG 2018 on January 23, 2018 and the merit list of NEET PG 2018 was released on February 16, 2018. The NEET PG 2018 Rank Card was released on February 15, 2018. Candidates can also check NEET PG 2018 merit list and rank card from the links given below. Candidates needed to score minimum qualifying percentile (50th Percentile for General Category candidates and 40th Percentile for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in NEET PG result 2018 in order to become eligible for further counselling and seat allotment process. As per the NEET PG result, candidates belonging to General Category must have scored a minimum of 321 marks (out of 1200) in NEET PG and those belonging to General PH category must have scored equal to or more than 300 marks in order to become eligible for NEET counselling process. Similarly, candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH must have scored equal to or more than 281 marks in NEET PG 2018 result to qualify for counselling.
The NEET PG result 2018 was declared in online mode in the form of individual NEET PG scorecards of the candidates. After the release of the NEET PG rank cards on February 15, the NEET PG merit lists was also released in roll number wise order on February 16. The link to the scorecards/mark sheet cum result of NEET PG 2018 is given below. NBE is the exam conducting the body of NEET PG. Candidates who appeared for NEET PG 2018 on January 7, 2018, can check here complete details about the result of NEET PG 2018, including steps to check NEET PG 2018 result, types of merit lists to be published, qualifying percentile required, etc.
As per the February 26 notification released by the NBE on AIQ 50% seats:
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana candidates will be eligible to participate in counselling for the 2018 All India 50% quota MD, MS and Post Graduate Diploma courses as both states are participating in the NEET PG AIQ Counselling process from this year onwards.
- Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir, except those nominated by the Government of India under Central Pool seats for MBBS, will continue to remain ineligible NEET PG 2018 AIQ counselling.
- The NEET PG 2018 candidates who have obtained scores equal to or more than the cut off scores for their respective categories will be eligible to participate in NEET PG AIQ Counselling. However, those candidates who have entered wrong or apparently incorrect aggregate MBBS marks in percentage and have failed to submit scanned copies of their MBBS or equivalent mark sheets shall be ineligible to participate in the online counseling of All India 50% quota NEET PG seats.
- The NEET PG All India 50% Quota scorecards of candidates eligible for AIQ 50% counselling in NEET PG can be downloaded from their official login accounts. Individual scorecards will not be sent to the candidates.
- Qualification to participate in online counseling for All India 50% quota MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma Courses does not mean that the candidates are guaranteed admission to these seats, rather that they are eligible for the counselling process.
As per the official NBE notification released on February 15, the details about the rank card of NEET PG 2018 are as follows:
- Candidates have been assigned a unique NEET PG 2018 rank in descending order of their scores and after utilizing the tie-breaker criteria.
- Percentile of each candidate has also been declared in the NEET PG Rank Card 2018.
- The total number of correct and incorrect responses of each candidate in the NEET PG exam has also been declared.
- Candidates were required to submit the scanned copies of their MBBS marksheets to NBE for the preparation of NEET PG merit list. The NEET PG Rank has not been declared for candidates who entered their MBBS marks incorrectly in the application form submitted after the notification released on February 1, 2018.
NEET PG Result 2018 - Important dates
The schedule of the result of NEET PG 2018 is given in the table given below.
Important dates related to NEET PG 2018 Result
NEET PG 2018 Entrance Exam
January 7, 2018
Declaration of result
January 23, 2018
Release of NEET PG 2018 Rank Card
February 15, 2018
Publication of NEET PG 2018 All India Merit List
February 16, 2018
Release of NEET PG 2018 AIQ Scorecard
February 26, 2018
To Check NEET PG 2018 Scorecard of 50% AIQ - Click here or check the log-in window given below:
How to check NEET PG Result 2018
In order to check the result of NEET PG 2018 and download the scorecard of NEET PG, candidates will need to go through following steps:
Step 1: Click on the link given below.
Step 2: Enter your ‘Roll Number’, ‘Date of Birth’ and displayed 'Captcha Verification' details. The personal details should exactly be same as supplied at the time of registration of NEET PG 2018.
Step 3: Candidates will be directed to the scorecard cum result page of NEET PG 2018. This should be downloaded by clicking on ‘Print’ and then saving as PDF.
NEET PG result 2018 will contain information such as candidate’s name, roll number, date of birth, marks scored by the candidate, percentile scores and rank in the exam.
IMPORTANT: NEET PG 2018 score has been given out of 1200 marks. For NEET PG 2017, it was out of 1500 marks.
NEET PG Result 2018 cum Score-Card - Ranks
The scorecard released during the declaration of the result of NEET PG 2018 contains following types of ranks of a candidate:
NEET PG 2018 Ranks
Types of Ranks
All India Rank (AIR) NEET PG 2018
This rank represents the overall merit position of a candidate amongst all the candidates who appeared for NEET PG 2018.
All India Quota (AIQ) Rank (Overall Rank)
This rank represents overall merit position of a candidate amongst all the candidates who appeared for All India (50%) Quota. This rank will be considered for admissions for AIQ seats.
All India Quota (AIQ) Category-Specific Rank
This rank represents overall merit position of a candidate belonging to a particular category (SC/ST/OBC), amongst all the candidates in that category who appeared for All India (50%) Quota. This rank will be considered for admissions for AIQ reserved seats.
State ranks or State merit list for NEET PG 2018 admissions to State Quota and Private seats, will be prepared by respective state counselling authorities on the basis of NEET PG 2018 All India Rank (AIR).
NEET PG Result 2018 - Qualifying Percentile
Only those candidates who score minimum qualifying marks in the result of NEET PG 2018 will be eligible to appear for admission to postgraduate courses. Minimum percentile required to become eligible to appear for postgraduate admissions is different for different categories. Minimum qualifying percentage which must be scored in NEET PG 2018 result is given in the table below:
Minimum Percentile Required in NEET PG Result 2018
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
Corresponding NEET PG 2018 Cutoff
SC/ST/OBC (Including PwD of SC/ST/OC)
In case enough number of candidates fail to secure minimum qualifying percentile, the Central Government in consultation with Medical Council of India (MCI) may lower the minimum qualifying percentile.
NEET PG Result 2018 - Tie Breaking Criteria
In case of a tie of marks between two candidates, the merit rank or NEET PG 2018 All India Rank of the candidates as declared in the NEET PG Rank Card 2018 released on February 15 has been determined after considering following factors (in the given order of priority):
(1) Higher Correct Number of Responses: Candidate with more number of correct responses in the entrance examination of NEET PG 2018, will be put higher in the order of merit compared to the one with lower number of correct responses.
(2) Aggregate Marks in Qualifying (MBBS) Examination: In the case above factor fails to resolve the tie, marks in the qualifying MBBS examination will be considered. Candidate with better percentage in the qualifying examination will be given the higher order in the merit list compared to the one with lower aggregate marks in qualifying examination.
(3) Age: In case the tie still prevails, then finally the age factor will be considered. The candidate senior in age will be given higher order of merit compared to the younger one.
Candidates have been ranked as per the above process in the NEET PG 2018 Merit List released on February 16.
NEET PG Qualification Cutoff Score - Previous Year (2017)
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
(Out of 1500)
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
(Out of 1500)
(Including PwD of SC/ST/OC)
NEET PG AIQ Cutoff - Previous Year (2017)
(Out of 1500)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
NEET PG Result 2018 - Type of Merit Lists
After the declaration of NEET PG 2018 result, NBE was supposed to release two types of merit list on February 15, 2018, namely:
Overall Merit List: Overall merit list will contain All India Ranks (AIR) of all the candidates who appeared in the entrance exam of NEET PG 2018. Various counselling authorities (like state/private counselling authorities) prepare their own merit lists on the basis of this merit list.
AIQ Merit List: AIQ merit list will contain the AIQ ranks of all the candidates who appeared for AIQ seats as well in NEET PG 2018 entrance exam. AIQ merit list will contain both overall AIQ ranks and category-specific AIQ ranks or merit list. Candidates NEET PG 2018 AIQ scorecards declaring AIQ rank has been released for candidates eligible for AIQ counselling of NEET PG 2018.
For now, the NBE has released the Overall Merit List in roll number order on February 16, 2018.
Validity of NEET PG Result 2018
The result of NEET PG 2018 is valid for only 2018 session admissions. The admission will be taken in following courses on the basis of NEET PG 2018 result:
MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses in Central, Deemed and State Medical institutions
MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses in Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS)
DNB Broad Speciality Courses
Candidates must note that NBE doesn’t give provision to candidates to apply for rechecking or revaluation of marks obtained in NEET PG result 2018. NEET PG is a single window entrance exam for admission to various postgraduate medical courses in India including MD/MS/PG Diploma courses.