BHU MBBS Counselling 2017

BHU MBBS CounsellingBHU MBBS Counselling 2017:  BHU MBBS BDS 2017 Counselling has been conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) between July 7 and July 12. The counselling was conducted in online mode for all Central and Deemed Universities at the same time, with the registration process beginning on July 5 and the last date to finalize Choice Filling being July 12. A seat allotment process followed on July 13 and 14 based on the options marked by eligible candidates at the time of Choice Filling in the Counselling process. The first round seat allotment list was released on this basis on July 15. Allotted candidates will now have to report to IMS BHU between July 16 and July 22 to complete their admission formalities to the MBBS and BDS courses. Until last year, counselling for 85% State quota seats was held by IMS BHU and remaining 15% All India Quota seats was done by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). From this year onwards, admission to all 71 MBBS and 42 BDS seats will be determined by the DGHS through the BHU MBBS Counselling. Qualified candidates were to complete the online process of BHU MBBS BDS 2017 within the given timeline to be allotted seats in the first round. Candidates are also advised to carry all important documents in original for the reporting process.

  • Stay updated on MBBS exams via emails and push notifications
  • Get ebooks on preparation tips by toppers, counseling details for different states, top medical colleges etc.
  • Practice mock tests and get a performance analysis to help you prepare better


According to Supreme Court’s verdict, NEET 2017 will be a single entrance test held for students to qualify for MBBS and BDS courses in central, state, deemed etc institutes across India.  All other state or institute level entrances except AIIMS and JIPMER have been scrapped.


BHU MBBS Counselling Schedule 2017: Qualified wards can check below schedule of BHU MBBS BDS counselling 2017.

BHU MBBS 2017 Counselling Schedule

Highlights of BHU MBBS Counselling 2017:

  • Candidates will be allotted seats in the BHU MBBS Merit List as per the BHU MBBS BDS 2017 counselling

  • Applicants must have registered and completely filled up the application of BHU MBBS BDS 2017 by July 11 and finalized their Choice Filling by July 12.

  • Candidates who find their name in the first round of seat allotmenet/BHU MBBS Merit List will be required to report at the Institute between July 16 and July 22 to finalize the admission process.
  • In  case any candidate wish to  discontinue the  admission at  any  time on  or  before date last date of admission, s/he will have to pay the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU a sum of Rs. 25,000 in Demand Draft. In  case of  Scheduled Tribe/Scheduled Caste  candidates, it shall be Rs. 5000. However, after admission or any time till the completion of course, if a candidate leaves the Institute, they will have to pay a sum of Rs. 3,00,000 in DD to the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU (in case of ST/SC candidates, it will be Rs. 75,000).

Documents to be produced at the time of reporting for BHU MBBS 2017 –


Candidates at the time of reporting at the institute after the counselling process of BHU MBBS BDS 2017 is concluded should submit the following original certificates along with their attested copies. In case of any discrepancies in original certificates, candidates will not be allowed for admission:

  • Mark sheet of High school or its equivalent, which shall be retained by the Institute

  • Mark sheet of 10+2 (Intermediate) or its equivalent, which shall be retained by the Institute

  • NEET 2017 Qualifying Score Card

  • Transfer/Migration certificate from institution last attended/School or college leaving certificate

  • Admit Card of NEET 2017 

  • NEET 2017 Rank letter

  • Two photocopies each of all certificates/Mark sheets  and  NEET 2017 Rank Letter and Admit Card

  • Coloured copies of passport size  (3.5X 4.5cm) photograph (eight in number) similar to that uploaded in application form of NEET 2017/ IMS BHU 2017 registration

  • A  character certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended/Gazetted Officer

BHU MBBS 2017 Seats and Reservation


The counselling for allotment of 71 MBBS and 42 BDS seats will be done by DGHS. 


Aspirants can check below the table for BHU MBBS BDS 2017 seat allotment.


Allotment of 71 BHU MBBS seats in different categories is as follows:

Unreserved- 36

Other Backward Class- 19

Scheduled Caste- 11

Scheduled Tribe- 05

Total MBBS Seats- 71

Allotment of 42 BHU BDS Seats under various categories is as follows:

Unreserved – 12

Other Backward Class – 21

SC – 06

ST – 03

Total BDS Seats-42

Stay tuned to for more information on BHU MBBS Counselling 2017

Related Articles

Free Sample Papers

Previous Next