Odisha MBBS Counselling 2017- The counselling of Odisha MBBS 2017 is being held by the conducting body of Odisha MBBS - Directorate of Medical and Education Training, Odisha through the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) cell. The Odisha MBBS counselling 2017 is being conducted in online mode on July 22 and July 23, soon after the offline document verification process for successfully registered candidates is concluded between July 18 and July 21. The admission to 85% state quota seats will be done by the conducting body, while the remaining 15% All India quota seats will be done by Medical Counselling Committee. The Odisha MBBS 2017 counselling is held for admission into both government and private medical and dental colleges across Odisha. Only those candidates who have successfully qualified NEET by clearing the Cut Off, registered for Odisha MBBS BDS admissions online and applied for document verification offline will be allowed to appear for Odisha MBBS counselling 2017. The Odisha MBBS counselling 2017 is to be held in two rounds. The counselling of Odisha MBBS 2017 will be completely based on candidate's score in NEET.
- Find top ranked colleges where you can seek admission.
- Find best branch of each of the colleges.
- Get a comprehensive personalized report for complete analysis.
In this article, aspirants will find all information related to the Odisha MBBS 2017 counselling such as its procedure, important dates and other details.
As per the ordinance passed by the Supreme Court in 2016, there will be no separate medical entrance tests in the country. The only way for admission into MBBS and BDS programme wil be through NEET 2017. All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) along with the state level entrance tests have been scrapped. Thus, anyone interested in pursuing medical programmes has to compulsorily appear for NEET.
Odisha MBBS Counselling 2017: Important Dates
Odisha MBBS BDS Merit List
July 21, 2017
Odisha MBBS Counselling 2017 Round 1
July 22 and July 23, 2017
Result of the first round of the seat allotment
July 24, 2017
Odisha MBBS 2017 Counselling round 2
August 17 and August 18, 2017
To check the Odisha MBBS BDS Counselling dates, Click Here
Odisha MBBS 2017 Counselling: Procedure
Only candidates who have appeared for document verification and mark entry for Odisha MBBS admission 2017 between July 18 and July 21 will be allowed to sit for the online counselling of Odisha MBBS BDS 2017. The counselling will compirse of choice filling and locking processes and will take place on July 22 and July 23.
- Candidates have to first visit the choice filling option page on the given dates to complete the Odisha MBBS BDS Counselling procedure.
- Upon opening the choice filling option page, candidates will see two windows on the screen. On left side window, choices will visible. Once choice is selected, it will be reflected in right window.
- Candidates should ensure that they make correct sequence of choices. The best choice should be made first and then followed by second preference in second position. They should also save their choices several times while working and will be able to delete, flip and use up down options on the right side window.
- After exercising their choice as per priority candidates can finally lock their choice. At this point, they will get a One Time Password (OTP) message on their registered mobile number.
- Candidates should wwrite this OTP in the prescribed Text field and then press “Submit” button. This will lock their choices finally and safely. If choice exercised is not locked, it will be locked automatically when time of choice filling and locking is over.
- Seats will be allotted strictly on basis of merit & choice.
Candidates will be able to download their provisional allotment/admission letter for Odisha MBBS/BDS 1st round counselling from July 24 onwards. The second round of Odisha MBBS BDS Counselling will be held on August 17 and 18.
Odisha MBBS Counselling 2017: Participating Institutes
Name of the College
Pandit Raghunath Murmu Medical College, Baripada
Shahid Laxman Nayak Medical College and Hospital, Koraput
Name of the College
Stay tuned to medicine.careers360.com for more news and information on Odisha MBBS BDS Counselling 2017
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App!
Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link.