MBBS Admission in India

MBBS Admissions in India
MBBS Admission in India:
The MBBS admissions, among the most sought-after professional course admissions in India after Class 12, is conducted through the all India level entrance exam - National Entrance cum Eligibility Test (NEET) - for different government and private medical colleges in India, except for AIIMS and JIPMER. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) conduct their institute specific exams for admissions to their respective MBBS programmes. The MBBS seats are allotted to candidates through counselling on the basis of their merit in the entrance exams.

There are about 65,000 MBBS seats which are available across more than 470 medical colleges in India. Besides this, AIIMS offers around 800 seats in its 9 campuses including its main campus in the national capital, New Delhi. JIPMER also offers 200 MBBS seats through its own entrance test for the JIPMER Puducherry and Karaikal campuses.

NEET UG Pathfinder
Know your admission chances through NEET UG College Predictor

However, it is the NEET exam which is taken by almost every MBBS aspirant for MBBS admissions in India. In 2018, more than 13 lakh candidates registered for NEET. The counselling for NEET is held at multiple levels. One is All India level counselling for 15 percent seats in Government medical colleges. Then there is the State Level counselling for admissions to the remaining 85 percent seats in Government colleges. Admissions for Deemed University MBBS programmes is done at an all India level by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), the same body which conducts counselling for the 15% All India Quota Government MBBS seats. The state-level counselling is conducted in a centralised manner by the designated state counselling authorities in each state.

Admissions Open Now
Admissions 2018 open at Banasthali Vidyapith|NAAC A Grade| QS 4 Star| Apply

 

The counselling for MBBS admissions through NEET begins in the second week of June and generally ends by the first week of September. You can get more information here for admission timeline for MBBS admission in 2018.

 

MBBS admissions in India (State-wise)

For state-wise counselling procedure for MBBS admissions in India, you can refer to the links below:

 

MBBS State Admission

First Published On : 06 Jun 2018 06:35 PM IST

Related Articles

Suggested Reading: NEET

QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

NEET UG

Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!

  • 24313 Joined
  • 21433 Questions
B

Bivas maji 7 minutes ago

Bivas majis picture
Bivas MajiLast Seen: 5 min 37 sec agoJoined on: 26-Apr-2018Education Interest: MedicineEducation Level: Class 12

Sir I score 207 in NEET, i am a sc catagory, can I seat admit in BHMS...seat for west bengal quota

B

Bivas maji 12 minutes ago

Bivas majis picture
Bivas MajiLast Seen: 5 min 37 sec agoJoined on: 26-Apr-2018Education Interest: MedicineEducation Level: Class 12

Sir " next time neet two times in a year" is it true ?and I don't understand about this matter !!

N

neeraj tiwari 5 hours ago

neeraj tiwaris picture
Neeraj TiwariLast Seen: 4 hours 53 min agoJoined on: 20-Jun-2018Education Interest: MedicineEducation Level: Class 12

I have scored 392 marks in neet 2018 what procedure i have to do to get into a good BVSc college?

especially GB pantnagar university since i am resident of uttarakhand. if i am not eligible for this college then for which college am i eligible
N

neeraj tiwari 5 hours ago

neeraj tiwaris picture
Neeraj TiwariLast Seen: 4 hours 53 min agoJoined on: 20-Jun-2018Education Interest: MedicineEducation Level: Class 12

Sir/mam I have scored 392 marks in neet 2018, i am keenly interested in BVSc course especially from GB pant nagar university.

Since i am resident of uttarakhand am i eligible to get good BVSc college..... and i am a bit confused because i searched in internet it was showing that minimum 530+ marks are required. PLEASE HE... Read More