Medical is one of the most sought-after fields of higher education from times immemorial which benefits practitioners as well as the patients equally. It involves the study of the anatomy and physiology of the human body and the diagnosis of what is wrong with the same. The subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology especially serve as the basic building blocks of education in this field. Students learn the functioning of the human body in biology, and by studying Chemistry, they learn how the chemicals – the proteins, the acids, bases, ions, and other such elements form a balance which is essential for smooth running of the human body. The physical structure and functioning of bones and skeletal systems, etc. can be understood by applying the principles of Physics. The profession requires patience, determination, and accuracy, both while studying as well as practicing.
To pursue medicine as a profession, students are expected to have a basic understanding of the concepts of physics, chemistry, and biology so that they can crack the medical entrance examination (NEET) held at the national level. The higher the ranking of the students in the examination, the better will be their chances to get selected in a college of repute. The examination is difficult, and the cut-off is generally high, so the students are expected to give their best while preparing, as well as during the examination.
There are many medical colleges, both government-aided and private that provide courses in the field of medicine. According to their ranks, students are given admission in MBBS. Specialization in the field of medicine comes after a student has successfully graduated from the medical college with a degree, as well as completed a year of mandatory internship. Udaipur is a city in Rajasthan which hosts some of the best medical colleges of the country. Each college has a different ranking, fee structure and other facilities, the details of which can be seen below.
Top Medical Colleges in Udaipur (NIRF 2020 Ranking)
NIRF or National Institutional Ranking Framework is an initiative by the Ministry of Human Resource Development which ranks various colleges based on their education system and the outcome (performance of students in examinations), etc., in order to help the prospective students, make an intelligent choice. These rankings are updated and uploaded yearly on the website of the NIRF along with the other details of the college, its location and score based on an evaluation criterion. None of the top medical colleges in Udaipur was able to bag a rank in the NIRF 2020 Ranking released by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Top Medical Colleges in Udaipur (Careers360 ranking)
Careers360 rankings are made available on the website for the ease of students to help them compare the ranks of the colleges and choose the one that suits them the best. A detailed profile of the colleges is given including their location, fee structure, placement records, and other facilities provided by them. Below is a list of the medical colleges of Udaipur along with their ranking according to Careers360: -
Name of the College
Top Medical Colleges in Udaipur - Fee Structure
Every Medical college in Udaipur has its own fee structure. To evaluate and choose the college that fits properly in their budget range, students need to go through their fee structure in detail before making any choice. Numerous factors influence the fee structure of these colleges; there are also provisions of scholarships for meritorious students. The criteria must be studied in detail before deciding as to which college the student will apply for admissions. Following are the details of the fee structure for top medical colleges in Udaipur:
Name of the College
0.07 – 2.23 Lakhs
19.60 lakhs – 1.55 crore
Pacific Institute of Medical Science, Udaipur
Pacific Medical College and Hospital, Udaipur
1.50 lakhs – 1.95 crore
1.20 lakhs – 3.20 lakhs
Top medical colleges in Udaipur (Placements)
After successful completion of their degree course and one year of compulsory internship, the doctors can start working as junior residents (Jr) in medical colleges and hospitals. Those who perform exceptionally well during their studies and internship are often offered the post of a junior resident by their respective colleges and hospitals while the remaining doctors must look for jobs advertised by other hospitals according to their need.
Sometimes, the government-aided hospital such as the Rabindra Nath Tagore Medical College offers their students a chance to sign a contract (mostly of three years) with the government to serve in the primary health care centers run by them.
In the case of doctors who specialize, they are posted as specialists in particular departments of the Medical College and Hospital that they work in. Similar to the case of doctors at the undergraduate level, those who perform well are often offered a job by the Medical College and Hospital that they complete their degree from, while the others join different hospitals across India.
Top Medical Colleges in Udaipur (Entrance Exams)
Giving the NEET examination is a must if you want to get admitted to a well-recognized medical college. NEET or NEET-UG is a state-level exam that needs to be cracked by students to get admission in a medical institute.
The NEET exam is held once every year. Students who have scored above 400 have a better chance of getting admission than those who have scored lower.
Hence, it is quite clear that giving the NEET exam is nothing but a gateway to get admission into a well-reputed medical college.
Popular Specialization Streams Available at the Top Medical Colleges in Udaipur
In the field of medical science, students can specialize in any field only after they successfully pass out of MBBS College (Undergraduate Course). They are supposed to then take the competitive entrance examination for the post-graduation and are thus admitted into MD or MS based on their All-India Rank.
It is the specialization wherein the doctors learn more about the anatomy and physiology of the body in whole and how to diagnose complex issues. They also learn pain management and how to provide instant relief from the same to their patients.
Colleges offering master’s in general medicines include: -
· Rabindra Nath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur
· Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital, Udaipur
The doctors who specialize in Anesthesia take care of the dose that the body of any patient requires to make a particular area numb while any surgery is performed upon them. The field requires accuracy, precision, and vigilance on the part of the doctor.
Colleges offering MD in Anesthesia are:
· Geetanjali Medical College and hospital, Udaipur
The doctors work upon the functioning of brains of any person regarding his or her cognitive behavior and why he or she is behaving in a particular manner. They thus, diagnose mental illnesses and treat patients accordingly.
Colleges offering MD Psychiatry:
· Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital
· Rabindra Nath Tagore Medical College
Other popular Medical specializations in Udaipur
· Radio Diagnosis
Admission Process for Top Medical Colleges in Udaipur
The admission in the UG & PG courses is completed based on different criterion as specified below: -
I. For UG course: -
- To compete in the competitive examination held for the undergraduate course, a candidate needs to qualify a 10+2 examination with science (specifically Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) as their main subject from a recognized board. They should also have scored a minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates who fulfil the above-mentioned criteria need to sit for the National Entrance Eligibility Test, popularly known as NEET (MBBS) and qualify the exam. Once the ranks are declared, they can take admission in a college of their choice
II. For PG course: -
- In order to qualify to sit in the entrance exam held for the masters’ level examination, the candidate must have passed his/her undergraduate examination with a minimum aggregate score and needs to complete a compulsory year of internship.
- The doctor is thus eligible to write the NEET MD examination.
- Based on their performance in the competitive examination as well as the cut-off score accepted by the colleges offering the master’s degree, doctors can thus opt for various specialization courses.
How to Select the Best Medical Colleges in Udaipur
Choosing a suitable college for education is as important as choosing a career, for one needs to be comfortable with their surroundings to be able to study peacefully. Looking into the following criteria while selecting a suitable college might help the students to make a better choice:
- For Undergraduate students, the course is the same in all colleges, however, for those who are planning to attain their specializations from Udaipur, they need to pay attention to the courses offered by each Medical College.
- Secondly, they must take note of the area where the college is located, so that the students get the best environment according to their convenience.
- Budget is also one of the most important criteria that should be taken into consideration. One must choose wisely, as they must pay the fees for approximately five years and look for scholarships offered to meritorious students and the criteria for the same.
- It is also very important to study the prospectuses of the colleges thoroughly and compare them against one another so that the students have a clear picture of which college provides which facility, whose faculty is the best and other things.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. 1. Which colleges in Udaipur are Government aided?
One, the Rabindra Nath Tagore Medical College of Udaipur is primarily a Government aided college
Q. 2. Are there girls’ hostels in Medical Colleges of Udaipur?
Yes, every medical college in the city whether government-aided or Private hosts a girls’ hostel for their female students.
Q.3. What are the criteria for entrance in specialization in Medical colleges of Udaipur?
The candidates must have passed their MBBS course and completed one year of compulsory internship after which they need to qualify the NEET PG exam and score above the required cut-off.
Q. 4. Which colleges in Udaipur provide specializations?
There are four colleges in Udaipur that provide specialization in various streams: -
· Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital
· RNT Medical College, Udaipur
· Pacific Medical College and Hospital, Udaipur
· Rabindra Nath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur
Q. 5. What is the criterion for admission at RNT Medical College?
The RNT Medical College in Udaipur primarily selects candidates who have qualified the NEET competitive examination with a good score.
Q. 6. What are the fields of specialization offered by Geetanjali Medical College?
The GMC College provides MD in the field of:
· General Medicines
· Obstetrics and Gynecology
Q. 7. What is the scope of employment after passing out of any medical college in Udaipur?
The doctors who complete their degree successfully can apply for the post of junior resident in any medical college and hospital. They may also be employed at the Primary healthcare Centre operated by the government.
Q. 8. What are the different specialization courses offered in the colleges in Udaipur?
Different colleges offer different specialization courses which can be MD or MS in
· General Medicine
· Obstetrics and gynecology
Q. 9. What is the fee structure of Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital?
The college offers both undergraduate and specialization courses. The fee for MBBS has been pegged at Rs. 76.50 lakhs for the entire course while the fee for MD/MS courses can go up to Rs. 1.55 crores.
Q. 10. What is the minimum eligibility required for admissions in an MBBS course in any college?
Any student who wishes to take admission in MBBS must have passed their 10+2 with at least 50% aggregate and should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subject.
- Top Medical Colleges in Udaipur