Odisha MBBS Merit List 2017

Odisha MBBS Merit ListOdisha MBBS Merit List 2017- The provisional merit list of Odisha MBBS 2017 was published on July 22 by the Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Odisha. The Odisha MBBS BDS 2017 Merit List was released for only those candidates who registered themselves successfully online between July 14 and July 17 and took part in the subsequent document verification process held between July 18 and July 21. The Odisha MBBS merit list 2017 was completely based on the scores of succesful NEET 2017 candidates. The Odisha MBBS Merit List 2017 contains details such as candidate's NEET Roll Number, Name, State Domicile, Category, Sub Category, NEET Common Rank and Odisha State Rank among other details. Among the 17,124 candidates who qualified for NEET from Odisha, 4332 had registered for Odisha MBBS BDS admissions out of which 3284 candidates were allotted a place in the merit list. Candidates who had applied for MBBS BDS admissions in Odisha can check the merit list of Odisha MBBS here.

Odisha Medical Pathfinder
Got your Odisha Medical results?
Admissions Open Now
SRM Admissions 2018 open. START your application now.

 

The Odisha MBBS admission to 85% state quota seats across Odisha is being conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Odisha, while the admissions to the remaining 15% All India quota seats admission are being conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).

 

Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was responsible for releasing the NEET Cut off 2017 from which the Odisha MBBS merit list 2017 was prepared.

 

Important dates related to Odisha MBBS 2017 merit list

 

Below we bring the important dates related to Odisha MBBS merit list 2017.

 

Odisha MBBS Merit List 2017 Important Dates

Sr no

Events

Date

1

NEET Result

June 23, 2017

2

Odisha MBBS Application and Document Verification process

July 14 to July 21, 2017

3

Announcement of Odisha MBBS 2017 Merit list

July 22, 2017

 

Odisha MBBS Cut Off 2017

 

The Odisha MBBS cut off is the minimum marks candidates need to score to be able to qualify for the Odisha MBBS BDS Merit List and the subsequent Counselling. Therefore, the Odisha MBBS merit list 2017 is dependent on NEET cut off.

 

In the table below we bring you the qualifying scores of NEET:

 

NEET Qualifying Percentile 2017

Category

Qualifying Percentile

Qualifying NEET 2017 Marks

Unreserved

50 percentile

131

Reserved (SC/ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)

40 percentile

107

PWD candidates in unreserved category

45 percentile

118

As per the qualifying score of NEET 2017, applicants under the General/ OBC i.e. the reserved category must obtain 50% percentile, candidates under the SC/ST/PWD category must obtain 40% percentile and PWD under the unreserved category must gain 45% percentile.

 

How to check the Odisha MBBS 2017 Merit List

 

Candidates can check the merit list of Odisha MBBS 2017 by following the simple procedure mentioned below:

  • Candidates have to click on the link shared below to access the Odisha MBBS merit list 2017.

  • In the PDF file that opens, they can check for their name from among the list of 3284 candidates by using the Ctrl + F option.
  • Candidates can then take a print out of the merit list and keep it for further reference

To check Odisha MBBS Merit List 2017: Click Here

 

Odisha MBBS 2017 Merit List: Tie Breaker

 

Tie breaker is when two or more candidates score the same marks in NEET 2017. Therefore, when such situations arise, candidates with the higher marks in Biology will have an upper hand. If still, the situation persists, then the candidate with the higher marks in Chemistry will be preferred over the other. Lastly, the candidate with earlier Date of Birth (DOB) will be given highest preference.

 

Stay tuned to medicine.careers360.com for more information on Odisha MBBS BDS 2017

 

Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App!

Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link.

Related Articles

QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Odisha Medical

Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!

  • 441 Joined
  • 18 Questions
User Pic

Sambit Nayak 5 months ago

Sambit Nayaks picture
Sambit NayakLast Seen: 5 months 5 days agoJoined on: 23-Jun-2017

My odisha state merit list rank is 1853. category is ur. can I get a seat in hitech medical college

Answers (3)

User Pic

Manisha Gupta Expert 5 months ago

Manisha Guptas picture
Manisha GuptaLast Seen: 12 hours 54 min agoJoined on: 08-Sep-2016
With this score you have decent chance to get admission in Hitech medical College.

View All Answers

B

Biswajeet Padhy 6 months ago

Biswajeet Padhys picture
Biswajeet PadhyLast Seen: 5 months 3 weeks agoJoined on: 21-Aug-2016

I want to know about cutoff marks in odisha incuding govt and private medical colleges.. general category

Answer (1)

User Pic

Shefali Expert 6 months ago

Shefalis picture
ShefaliLast Seen: 18 hours 18 min agoJoined on: 09-Feb-2016
You need to score more than 500 marks in NEET to get government colleges through your state quota and around 400-450 marks to get private colleges.

How much marks you have scored in NEET?
User Pic

Minakhi Sarangi 6 months ago

Minakhi Sarangis picture
Minakhi SarangiLast Seen: 6 months 2 days agoJoined on: 21-Jul-2017

My neet score is 334.can I get a seat in kims, bbsr. Iam an orissa domicile. Pl reply me.

Answer (1)

User Pic

Priyanka Kaul Expert 6 months ago

Priyanka Kauls picture
Priyanka KaulLast Seen: 17 hours 57 min agoJoined on: 08-Feb-2016

Chances are not good to get into these colleges for medical courses. Also you can try in paramedical courses.
Based on your score, you have less chances overall.
Good Luck.

User Pic

Bhushan 6 months ago

Bhushans picture
BhushanLast Seen: 6 months 1 week agoJoined on: 14-May-2017

Odisa pvt medical k lie other state wale kya apply kr skte h

Answer (1)

A

ashutosh swain 6 months ago

ashutosh swains picture
Ashutosh SwainLast Seen: 6 months 6 days agoJoined on: 14-Jun-2017
Yes bro, u can apply for it. Its depends upon score. Basically am also from odisha.
User Pic

Sarthak Sahoo 6 months ago

Sarthak Sahoos picture
Sarthak SahooLast Seen: 5 months 1 week agoJoined on: 27-Jun-2017

AIQR 18.6k, 515 marks, OBC rank 7308 in neet 2017, what are the odds of getting into govt colleges in Odisha under all India 15% counseling

govt colleges in Odisha are - SCB medical college, Cuttack ; mkcg medical college, berhampur ; veer surendra sai medical college, burla (vss medical college, burla)

Answer (1)

User Pic

Manisha Gupta Expert 6 months ago

Manisha Guptas picture
Manisha GuptaLast Seen: 12 hours 54 min agoJoined on: 08-Sep-2016

The chances are less for 15% quota seats but you have decent chances for 85% quota seats in Gov. Colleges.

Free Sample Papers

Previous Next