Odisha MBBS Admission 2017

Odisha MBBS AdmissionOdisha MBBS Admission 2017- Admissions to any government or private medical and dental colleges across Odisha will be done on the basis of NEET. Directorate of Medical Education and Training (DMET), Odisha, is the conducting body of Odisha MBBS. NEET 2017 admissions in Odisha will be conducted by the DMET through the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination body (OJEE). A total of 1100 MBBS and BDS seats across 8 medical and dental colleges of Odisha are available through NEET 2017. The application process for Odisha MBBS 2017 took place in online mode between July 14 and July 17. The provisional state merit list for admissions to these seats was published on July 22. Admissions are taking place between July 25 and July 31.

After state entrance tests were scrapped by the Supreme Court last year, NEET became the only medical entrance test through which candidates would be selected for admission into institutes across Odisha. Therefore, the conducting body will not be conducting any separate entrance for admission into MBBS and BDS programme across the state. Hence, candidates who want to study MBBS or BDS in Odisha will have to take the NEET 2017 and clear the medical entrance exam. Odisha MBBS admission 2017 will be given to 85% state quota seats and the rest 15% to All India quota seats.

Odisha Medical Pathfinder
Got your Odisha Medical results?
Admissions Open Now
SRM Admissions 2018 open. START your application now.


Candidates will find here all necessary information related to Odisha MBBS admission 2017 including its admit card, important dates and eligibility criteria to name a few.


Exam Name: Odisha MBBS


Commonly known as: Odisha MBBS BDS


Exam Category: UG


Counselling Conducting Institute:  Directorate of Medical Education and Training (DMET), Odisha


Duration of the course:


MBBS – 4 and a half years & 1 year of rotational internship

BDS – 4 years & 1 year of rotational internship


Odisha MBBS BDS Important Dates 2017


Odisha MBBS admission 2017 comprises various events and their official dates as announced by the conducting body. Candidates should keep a track of all the events of Odisha MBBS 2017 admission in order to complete the necessary procedures.


In the table given below, we bring you the list of events that will take place during the Odisha MBBS admission 2017:


Odisha MBBS BDS Important Dates

S. No.




Availability of the online application form

July 14, 2017 (10 am onwards)


Last date to fill and submit the application form

July 17, 2017 (till 5 pm)


List of registered candidates in Odisha MBBS BDS 2017

July 17, 2017 (after 5 pm)


Announcement of Odisha MBBS 2017 Merit list

July 22, 2017


Odisha MBBS Admission 2017 Counselling

July 22 to July 23, 2017

Odisha MBBS BDS Eligibility Criteria 2017


Fulfilling the eligibility criteria is one of the essential requirements of the Odisha MBBS 2017 admission process. Without meeting the eligibility criteria set by the conducting body, no candidates will be allowed to apply for admissions. Therefore, it is crucial for candidates to first check the eligibility criteria of Odisha MBBS 2017 in order to check whether they are eligible to appear for the medical entrance test.


Below, candidates can go through the various eligibility criteria:

  • Applicant must be a citizen of India/OCI/NRI/PIO.

  • Any candidate applying under the state quota should be a registered permanent resident of Odisha or a child of All India Civil Service officers serving in state of Odisha cadre.

  • Candidates must be of 17 years of age as on December 31, 2017. There will be no upper age limit.

  • The candidate must have passed the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually at Class 12 level with 50% for General category and 40% for SC/ST.

  • Candidate must clear NEET 2017 to be able to take admissions through Odisha MBBS 2017.

Odisha MBBS BDS Application Form 2017


According to the official notification released by the conducting body, the application of Odisha MBBS 2017 will start on July 14 and will continue until July 17, 2017. The Odisha MBBS application form 2017 will be made available in online mode only. In the application form, candidates will have to enter their personal details and academic qualification along with NEET scores. The details to be mentioned in the application form must be filled carefully to be considered for Odisha MBBS admission 2017. After the completion of the application form, candidates will receive a registration/application number which may be required at later stages of Odisha MBBS 2017 admission.


Odisha MBBS BDS Merit List 2017


The merit list of Odisha MBBS 2017 is created on the basis of NEET results 2017. The Odisha MBBS merit list was released by the Directorate of Medical and Education Training (DMET), Odisha on July 22, 2017. Out of 17,124 candidates who qualified for NEET 2017 from Odisha, 4332 had registered for Odisha MBBS BDS admissions and 3284 were allotted a place in the merit list (as compared to around 4700 last year). Candidates can see details such as their name, NEET roll number, State domicile, Category, Sub Category, NEET common rank and state common rank among others. After the declaration of merit list, the selected candidates will be called in for the next round i.e. Counselling. Also, the cut-off of Odisha MBBS 2017 is made on the NEET cut off 2017. To seek Odisha MBBS admission 2017 into any government or private institute across the stae, candidates will have to meet the NEET cut off. In the table given below, candidates can check the qualifying scores of NEET:


NEET 2017 Qualifying Score


Qualifying Percentile

Qualifying Marks (out of 720)


50 percentile


Reserved (SC/ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)

40 percentile


PWD candidates in unreserved category

45 percentile


Odisha MBBS BDS Counselling 2017


Counselling of Odisha MBBS 2017 will be held on the basis of NEET rank obtained by the candidate. To be able to sit for the counselling round, candidates should have first registered themselves between July 14 and July 17. Odisha MBBS counselling 2017 was held on July 22 and July 23. The counselling form should have been completed before the online choice locking process as any incomplete form will not be entertained by the conducting body. Apart from this, applicants will also have to make the counselling fee payment of Rs. 1000 via online mode.


Odisha MBBS BDS Participating Institutes 2017


In the table given below, we list down all the institutes participating in Odisha MBBS admission 2017:


Medical Colleges

S. No.

Name of the College


Total Seats


Shri Ramachandra Bhanj Medical College (SCB)




MKCG Medical College, Berhampur




Veer Surendra Sai Medical College and Hospital, Burla




Pandit Raghunath Murmu Medical College, Baripada




Shahid Laxman Nayak Medical College and Hospital, Koraput




Hi-Tech Medical College and Hospital, Bhubaneshwar




Dental Colleges

S. No.

Name of the College


Total Seats


Hi-Tech Dental College, Bhubaneshwar (BDS)




SCB Dental College, Cuttack




Stay tuned to medicine.careers360.com for more news and information on Odisha MBBS Admission 2017


Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App!

Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link.

Related Articles


Odisha Medical

Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!

  • 444 Joined
  • 18 Questions
User Pic

Sambit Nayak 6 months ago

Sambit Nayaks picture
Sambit NayakLast Seen: 5 months 1 week agoJoined on: 23-Jun-2017

My odisha state merit list rank is 1853. category is ur. can I get a seat in hitech medical college

Answers (3)

User Pic

Manisha Gupta Expert 6 months ago

Manisha Guptas picture
Manisha GuptaLast Seen: 17 min 4 sec agoJoined on: 08-Sep-2016
With this score you have decent chance to get admission in Hitech medical College.

View All Answers


Biswajeet Padhy 6 months ago

Biswajeet Padhys picture
Biswajeet PadhyLast Seen: 5 months 3 weeks agoJoined on: 21-Aug-2016

I want to know about cutoff marks in odisha incuding govt and private medical colleges.. general category

Answer (1)

User Pic

Shefali Expert 6 months ago

Shefalis picture
ShefaliLast Seen: 1 min 21 sec agoJoined on: 09-Feb-2016
You need to score more than 500 marks in NEET to get government colleges through your state quota and around 400-450 marks to get private colleges.

How much marks you have scored in NEET?
User Pic

Minakhi Sarangi 6 months ago

Minakhi Sarangis picture
Minakhi SarangiLast Seen: 6 months 6 days agoJoined on: 21-Jul-2017

My neet score is 334.can I get a seat in kims, bbsr. Iam an orissa domicile. Pl reply me.

Answer (1)

User Pic

Priyanka Kaul Expert 6 months ago

Priyanka Kauls picture
Priyanka KaulLast Seen: 1 hour 7 min agoJoined on: 08-Feb-2016

Chances are not good to get into these colleges for medical courses. Also you can try in paramedical courses.
Based on your score, you have less chances overall.
Good Luck.

User Pic

Bhushan 6 months ago

Bhushans picture
BhushanLast Seen: 6 months 1 week agoJoined on: 14-May-2017

Odisa pvt medical k lie other state wale kya apply kr skte h

Answer (1)


ashutosh swain 6 months ago

ashutosh swains picture
Ashutosh SwainLast Seen: 6 months 1 week agoJoined on: 14-Jun-2017
Yes bro, u can apply for it. Its depends upon score. Basically am also from odisha.
User Pic

Sarthak Sahoo 6 months ago

Sarthak Sahoos picture
Sarthak SahooLast Seen: 5 months 2 weeks agoJoined on: 27-Jun-2017

AIQR 18.6k, 515 marks, OBC rank 7308 in neet 2017, what are the odds of getting into govt colleges in Odisha under all India 15% counseling

govt colleges in Odisha are - SCB medical college, Cuttack ; mkcg medical college, berhampur ; veer surendra sai medical college, burla (vss medical college, burla)

Answer (1)

User Pic

Manisha Gupta Expert 6 months ago

Manisha Guptas picture
Manisha GuptaLast Seen: 17 min 4 sec agoJoined on: 08-Sep-2016

The chances are less for 15% quota seats but you have decent chances for 85% quota seats in Gov. Colleges.

Free Sample Papers

Previous Next