AIIMS PG Counselling 2018 - The online registration for open counselling of AIIMS PG 2018 started on February 17, 2018. Candidates can register for AIIMS PG 2018 open counselling till 5:00 PM on February 19, 2018. AIIMS PG counselling 2018 for open round will be conducted in offline mode, unlike previous rounds. All the candidates who have qualified AIIMS PG 2018 exam are eligible to participate and register for AIIMS PG 2018 counselling open round. Candidates who register for the counselling of AIIMS PG 2018 open round, will be required to be present in Jawaharlal Auditorium, AIIMS, New Delhi, by 8:30 AM. The result of open round of AIIMS PG counselling 2018 will be released after the counselling is over. In the counselling, candidates will need to take their original qualification certificates and take a printout of the registration slip issued to them at the time of open counselling of AIIMS PG 2018. All the candidates who have qualified AIIMS PG 2018 will be eligible to participate in the open round of AIIMS PG counselling 2018. Candidates can register for the counselling by logging in from the 'MyPage' link given below.
The AIIMS New Delhi, released the seat allotment result of both second and first round of counselling of AIIMS PG 2018. Candidates who were allotted a seat in the second round of AIIMS PG counselling 2018 were required to 'Accept' or 'Decline' their allotment, through log-in link given below, before January 29, 2018, 5:00 PM. The seat allotment represented the rank-wise allotment of seats in MD/MS programmes of six AIIMS institutions. The result of AIIMS PG 2018 seat allotment for both rounds can be accessed from the link below. AIIMS PG 2018 counselling for first and second counselling rounds, was conducted in online mode for the first time ever. Before the beginning of first counselling, AIIMS New Delhi released the mock counselling results to familiarize candidates with the portal and to give them an idea of the institution they are likely to be allotted on the basis of choices and preferences made in AIIMS PG Online Counselling portal. The step wise guidelines on how to participate in online counselling of AIIMS PG 2018 is also described below. Candidates who registered for AIIMS PG 2018 counselling first round were be required to fill their choice preferences. Final seat allotments of AIIMS PG 2018 for first and second counselling round were released. Candidates whose names are given in the merit list or those who have scored at least minimum required percentile, can check full article for complete details about online AIIMS PG 2018 counselling, including process of online counselling of AIIMS PG, important dates, etc.
This year AIIMS is taking admissions on 400 postgraduate seats through AIIMS PG counselling 2018. The number of candidates called for first two rounds of AIIMS PG 2018 counselling is eight times the total number of seats available in six AIIMS institutions. Candidates must note that it is a merit list and do not contain the names of all the candidates who have qualified for AIIMS PG 2018 counselling by scoring a minimum of 50th percentile in AIIMS PG entrance. All the candidates who have qualified AIIMS PG exam will be eligible to participate in last round of AIIMS PG counselling 2018, i.e. open round. Candidates can check their individual percentile scores through the link of the portal given below. Candidates who appeared for AIIMS PG examination can check AIIMS PG merit list 2018 and guidelines of AIIMS PG 2018 online counselling process from the article below.
Important dates of AIIMS PG 2018 Counselling (January Session)
Date & Time of AIIMS Entrance Exam
November 12, 2017 (Sunday)
Result Declaration and Merit list publication
November 18, 2017 (Saturday)
Making Choices for Mock Counselling Round
January 1 to January 4, 2018 (upto 5:00 P.M.)
Announcement of Seat Allotment Result of Mock Counselling
January 8, 2018
Making Choices for First Counselling Round
January 8 (5:00 P.M.) to January 9, 2018 (upto 5:00 P.M.)
Announcement of Seat Allotment Result of First Round
January 11, 2018
Last date to refuse seat allocated in First Round
January 15, 2018 (upto 5:00 P.M.)
Last date of submission of documents and DD
Janaury 18, 2018 (upto 5:00 P.M.)
Second Counselling Round (Choice Editing and Locking)
January 20 to 22, 2018
Second Counselling Round Seat Allotment Result
January 24, 2018
Last date to accept or decline seat allotted in Second Round
January 29, 2018 (upto 5:00 P.M.)
Display of vacant seats
February 19, 2018 (By 5:00 P.M.)
Online Registration for Open Counselling
February 17 to 19, 2018 (upto 5:00 P.M.)
Open Counselling Round Seat Allotment (offline mode)
(At Jawaharlal Auditorium, AIIMS, New Delhi)
February 21, 2018 (8:00 A.M. onwards)
Latest- Notification of AIIMS PG Counselling 2018 first round date schedule
AIIMS PG 2018 - Online Counselling Procedure
Only those candidates who were invited for first and second rounds of counselling of AIIMS PG 2018, through the rank and roll number wise AIIMS PG 2018 merit list, were eligible to participate in online counselling of AIIMS PG 2018. The link of rank wise merit list is given below. The date for first round of AIIMS PG 2018 counselling will be announced shortly. Candidates whose names figured in the list could check the procedure to participate in the online process of AIIMS PG counselling 2018 from the steps given below.
- STEP 1: Registering for AIIMS PG Counselling 2018 - Click on the link given below and log-in using your log-in credentials, i.e. Candidate ID and Password. The link to register for AIIMS PG counselling or Seat allocation was available on candidate's My Page portals. Eligible candidates were be able to register themselves for participating in online counselling of AIIMS PG 2018. Candidates were be required to set new password for AIIMS PG online counselling. After registration for Online counselling of AIIMS PG was complete, candidates were able to login to AIIMS PG counselling portal using new password. The portal for Online AIIMS PG counselling was only available for the time period as mentioned in important dates section above.
- STEP 2: Making Choice Preferences - After registration, candidates could log-in using new password. Then they clicked on 'Make Choices' button to register their choices. The panel which opened allowed candidates to make choice of program or subject speciality and AIIMS institution (amongst 6 AIIMS) and arrange them in the order of their preference. To add a choice, candidates could click on 'Add Choice' button and to delete a choice made, click on 'Delete' button. To reorder the choices, candidates could click on up and down arrows. The choices and order could be altered any number of times unless they were finally submitted or final day to make choices is reached. Once a candidate was satisfied with the choices made, they were advised to click on 'Submit and Lock Choices' and tick the checkbox saying 'I accept the declaration'. It was advised to candidates that they print the choices they finally submitted for future reference.
- STEP 3: Mock Counselling (Choice Making and Seat Allotment)- A mock allotment was done on the basis of choices made by candidates in AIIMS PG 2018 counselling portal. Mock allotment was done to give an idea to the candidates as to the institution and program they are likely to get on the basis of their choices and preferences. The result of mock allotment was announced on January 8, 2018.
- STEP 4: First Counselling (Choice Making and Seat Allotment) - The time for making choices began on the same day on which result of mock allotment will be announced. Eligible candidates will be given a window of 24 hours to reshuffle their earlier choices or make new choices, on the basis of result of mock allotment. Similar as earlier, the choices will be frozen automatically on the last day and time of making new choices. The result of seat allotment of the first round of AIIMS PG counselling have been announced on January 11, 2018. Candidates are now given some days to accept or refuse the allotment and submit the required documents and DD. Final Seat Allotment of AIIMS PG 2018 can be accessed through the link of the portal of counselling of AIIMS PG 2018 given below.
To register for AIIMS PG 2018 Counselling and login to 'MyPage' portal - Click here
Check Seat Allotment Result of Second Round of AIIMS PG 2018 Counselling - Click here
Check Seat Allotment Result of First Round of AIIMS PG 2018 Counselling - Click here
To check Rank wise merit list of candidates for all categories (UR/OBC/SC/ST/OPH/Sponsored) - Click here
To check Roll-number wise list of candidates for all categories (UR/OBC/SC/ST/OPH/Sponsored) - Click here
Steps after AIIMS PG 2018 Seat Allotment
- After allotment of seat in first and second counselling rounds, it was automatically presumed that all the candidates who were allotted the seat have accepted the allotment result.
- Open counselling of AIIMS PG 2018 will be conducted in offline mode like earlier. Registered candidates will be required to be present in Jawaharlal Auditorium, AIIMS, New Delhi, by 8:30 AM.
- After first and second counselling of AIIMS PG 2018, candidates who didn't wish to accept the seat allotted to them, they were required to 'explicitly refuse' the allotted seat. They could do that by logging in to the portal and refuse the seat within stipulated time and date. Such candidates automatically became eligible for further rounds of AIIMS PG counselling 2018. The last date to actively refuse the seat allocated to them in first round of counselling was January 15, 2018 (upto 5:00 P.M.) and for second counselling it was January 29, 2018.
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat and they wish to take admission on that seat, they will be required to report at the allocated AIIMS institution with their 'original certificates' and DD of INR 3 Lakhs.
- Candidates who were allotted a seat during online counselling of AIIMS PG 2018, but they didn't wish to take admission in that round and rather wished to participate in further counselling rounds while retaining their present seat, they were required to deposit the fee along with original certificates and a DD of INR 3 lakhs at allotted AIIMS.
- A candidate who failed to take any action, i.e. 'actively refuse' the seat allotted to him/her, or fail to deposit the fee and DD along with original certificates, he/she was not eligible to participate in further rounds of AIIMS PG 2018 counselling including open round.
Category-wise Last Ranks Called for First and Second Round of AIIMS PG Counselling 2018
(For First & Second Counselling)
OBC (Other Backward Classes) Non-Creamy Layer
SC (Scheduled Caste)
ST (Scheduled Tribe)
OPH (Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped)
OBC (Other Backward Classes) Non-Creamy Layer
SC (Scheduled Caste)
AIIMS PG 2018 Counselling Eligibility: Minimum Percentile Requirement
In order to qualify for the counselling of AIIMS PG 2018, candidates must have scored a minimum of 50th percentile in AIIMS PG entrance exam. Candidates can check the individual percentile scores, scored by them by clicking on the link given below. AIIMS will also release the list of all the candidates eligible for AIIMS PG 2018 counselling, before the beginning of open counselling round.
To check AIIMS PG 2018 score card and percentile - Click here
AIIMS PG 2018 - Seat Matrix
Seats in MD/MS/MDS Courses
AIIMS New Delhi
AIIMS PG counselling 2018 Highlights
AIIMS is conducting counselling of AIIMS PG in online mode for the first time from this year. However, the open round will be conducted in offline mode only.
Counselling of AIIMS PG 2018 is being conducted for 400 post-graduate seats available across all six AIIMS institutions.
The seat reservation criteria of AIIMS for various reserved categories (including SC, ST, OBC, OPH or Sponsored/Foreign) can be checked from AIIMS PG Cutoff 2018.
During the counselling of AIIMS PG 2018, candidates need to register their preference for AIIMS institution and postgraduate program. Also, after the counselling, they will need to report to the institution or counselling conducting authority (as applicable) with their original certificates like MBBS/BDS marksheet and degree, internship completion certificate, permanent medical registration details, caste category certificate (if applicable), etc. as a proof of their date of birth and category. Only after the verification of documents, candidates will be considered perfectly eligible for AIIMS PG 2018 admissions.
In case a candidate fails to report for any round of counselling (online) or take any action in them, he/she will not be eligible for subsequent counselling rounds including ‘Open’ round of counselling, in which all the candidates who have qualified AIIMS PG exam by scoring a minimum of 50th percentile, will be eligible to participate.
The result for AIIMS PG 2018 entrance exam was released on November 18, 2017 and the process of AIIMS PG 2018 counselling rounds has now started in the online mode for the first time ever.