NEET 2023 Exam Day Guidelines
NEET 2023 Exam Day Guidelines: The National Testing Agency (NTA), conducts the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET every year and is also responsible for establishing the exam day guidelines for candidates appearing for the test. The NEET guidelines 2023 stipulate certain dos and don'ts that all candidates must follow. Therefore candidates must familiarise themselves with the NEET 2023 exam day guidelines. Instructions for NEET UG exam provide more details about the exam day and important tips on what to bring, what not to bring, what to do and what not to do along with details regarding the question paper, reporting time, and much more.
Latest Updates for NEET
- 16 Dec 2022:
Check NEET 2023 application form live updates: Exam on May 7
- 08 Sep 2022:
Check top medical colleges in India through NEET 2022 here!
- 08 Sep 2022:
NEET final answer key out: Check here!
Stay up-to date with NEET News
NEET 2023 is a national level entrance examination conducted by the NTA to grant admission to MBBS, BDS, BSc Nursing seats in all medical and dental colleges of the country including AIIMS and JIPMER. Aspirants seeking more information on NEET 2023 can read the article below for more details.
NEET 2023 exam day guidelines
Candidates have to follow the guidelines as laid by the authority to appear for NEET 2023. The NEET exam day guidelines are essential for every aspirant to know because failing to obey the guidelines, candidates will not be permitted to appear for the exam. The authority will issue the NEET 2023 admit card that will mention detailed instructions and exam day guidelines for the exam.
Learn the NEET 2023 exam day guidelines
Exam day guidelines
Make sure you understand the exam schedule
Understand the exam pattern thoroughly
Be aware of the dress code
Learn about the prohibited items
Carry all the necessary documentation
Be familiar with the general instructions
NEET exam timing 2023
Candidates need to have a track of exam timing to reach the NEET exam centre on time. The exam day schedule is an important element of the NEET 2023 exam day guidelines, as it provides details concerning the test conducting procedures.Candidates can look at the table below for the NEET 2023 exam timings.
NEET exam timing
Date and time
NEET exam date 2023
May 7, 2023
Duration of NEET 2023 exam
2:00 PM to 5:20 PM (3 hours 20 minutes)
Last entry in the examination hall as per the NEET timing
Sitting in the examination room
Announcement of important Instructions and checking of admit cards by the invigilator
1:30 PM to 1:45 PM
Distribution of the test booklet
Writing of particulars on the test booklet by the candidates
Starting time of NEET examination
NEET UG 2023 concludes
NEET 2023 exam pattern
Duration of examination
3 hours 20 minutes
Medium of exam
English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada, Punjabi, Malayalam and Urdu
Type of questions
Multiple Choice Questions
Biology (Botany and Zoology)
Total number of questions
200 questions (180 Questions to be attempted)
For each correct answer, the candidates will be awarded 4 marks; if an answer is wrong, then 1 mark will be deducted.
NEET exam day dress code 2023
Candidates appearing for the medical entrance examination have to follow a particular dress code. Candidates who follow a particular religion and wear customary dress will have to report as per their slot at the examination centre to avoid delay in the frisking process. Such candidates must report on time so that there is ample time for proper frisking.
As NEET is the only undergraduate medical entrance test conducted in India to grant admission to medical and dental courses, there is an increase in competition with every passing year. Therefore, some people turn to illegitimate methods to clear the exams. To avoid such practices, the NTA has specified solid guidelines regarding the NEET dress code.
Students taking the NEET exam are expected to strictly adhere to the rules, failing to which may have serious repercussions. Frisking takes place at the time of NEET exam and those candidates who will be dressed contrary to the NEET 2023 will not be allowed to sit for the test.
As per the NEET 2023 exam day guidelines and dress code, it is recommended that candidates wear light clothes with half sleeves only. Long sleeves are strictly forbidden. Shoes are also not allowed in the examination hall. Candidates are therefore required to wear sandals with a low heel or footwear without thick soles.
Applicants who are unable to follow these rules due to religious commitments need to mention that on their application forms, under the option "Customary dress". Such applicants need to report at least 1 hour prior to the screening process.
NEET exam day guidelines 2023: Prohibited Items
NEET 2023 has the most stringent rules and regulations that no candidate should disobey. Candidates will be thoroughly frisked at the entrance gate with the aid of highly sensitive metal detectors. Authority issues a list of prohibited items. Any candidate found to be in possession of such items will not be allowed to appear in NEET 2023. The barred items are listed below.
- Candidates should not carry stationery items, prints, or other items besides the admit card and ID proof
- Items such as geometry boxes, pencil boxes, calculators, pens, scales, writing pads, pen drives, erasers will not be allowed inside the test centre
- Communication devices such as mobile phones, Bluetooth, earphones, pagers, health bands, etc. are strictly prohibited
- Items such as watches, wallets, handbags, belts, caps, and ornaments cannot be carried inside the examination hall
- Other items, like microchips, Bluetooth, cameras, which may be used for unfair means, are prohibited.
NEET 2023 exam day guidelines: Important instructions
Candidates need to follow the below listed instructions on the NEET exam day 2023.
- Candidates will have to sign the answer sheet twice: once at the beginning of the exam and again at its conclusion
- The attendance sheet will require candidates to provide finger impressions
- Candidates will be provided with the test booklet 15 minutes before the examination so that they can complete the particular information on it
- Each candidate will be given a ballpoint pen to write the exam in the exam room
- Right before the commence of the exam, candidates will have five minutes to open the seal on test booklets in order to check the number of pages in the booklet
- Applicants must ensure the code on the test booklet matches that provided on the answer sheet inside the booklet. It is mandatory to hand in the OMR sheet to the invigilator before leaving the exam room
- The candidates will need to fill in the details on both sides of the OMR answer sheet
Guidelines for NEET 2023 exam day: General instructions
Along with the list of prohibited items and dress code instructions, there are a few general instructions as a part of NEET exam day guidelines that will enable aspirants to appear for the test without causing inconvenience.
The instructions for the NEET exam day 2023 is provided in the information brochure that is uploaded along with the NEET application form at nta.neet.nic.in.
- There will be a seat assigned to each candidate with a roll number. It is important that each candidate finds his or her designated seat and occupies it promptly
- The candidates are advised to maintain a firm, upright posture and to face the camera when it approaches as all candidates will be video recorded.
- Candidates must enter the exam centre according to the scheduled time slot after that no candidates will be permitted to enter
- The following documents must be presented at the exam center
Printout of NEET 2023 admit card
A passport size photograph (as uploaded on NEET application form)
A valid ID proof
PwD certificate (if applicable)
- It is important for candidates to ensure that they do not possess any of the restricted items listed above on this page
- There are no safekeeping facilities provided by the authority, thus it is advisable that candidates do not bring items that have been barred
- Candidates should ensure that the test booklet must contain the same number of pages as the number indicated on the test booklet's cover
- The candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam center before it is over. Before leaving the examination hall, candidates must handover the OMR sheet to the invigilator
- Eating or drinking is not permitted in the hall, however, candidates with a genuine medical condition will be permitted after assessment
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NEET 2023 Exam Day Guidelines
Question: What items are allowed inside the NEET exam hall?
The only documents that will be allowed into the exam hall are NEET 2023 admit card and photograph.
Question: Why is the NEET dress code one of the most important guidelines for exam day?
Applicants competing for medical admissions face a very stiff competition and hence opt some unfair means to pass the exam. The National Testing Agency has therefore, put forth a strict dress code for NEET candidates in order to curtail such practices.
Question: Are there any documents required on the day of the NEET exam?
Candidates will have to carry NEET admit card, self declaration form and photograph.
Question: Which authority is responsible for releasing the NEET exam day guidelines 2023?
The National Testing agency is responsible for defining the rules of the exam before it is held.
NEET Registration 2023 (Started) - Direct Link, Last Date, How...
NEET Registration 2023 - NTA has opened NEET 2023 online regi...
Best Books for NEET 2023 – Physics, Chemistry, Biology with Sy...
Candidates appearing in the NEET 2023 examination must read th...
AP MBBS Merit List 2023- Applicant List, Provisional and Final...
AP NEET 2023 merit list - AP MBBS BDS provisional merit list w...
AP MBBS Application Form 2023 Date - Register & Apply Online Here
AP NEET application form 2023 - NTRUHS, Vijayawada releases th...
NEET 2023 Cutoff AP - College-wise & Category-wise Cutoff
NEET 2023 cutoff AP will be released after the completion of t...
Questions related to NEET
How much NEET score is required for MBBS admission at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore?
Candidates must score above 60% in NEET to get admission in KMC Manglore. And must passed in 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects and Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any technical vocational subject as optional with at least 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics, and one of the optional subjects in aggregate.
What does NTA have to say about NEET 2023 exam postponement?
NTA has not released any official notification regarding postponing NEET 2023.
What are the chances of NEET 2023 postponement?
Although the students are pleading with the authority to postpone NEET 2023, it is tough to estimate anything at this stage.
What is the NEET 2023 exam date?
NEET UG 2023 exam date is May 7.
Is NEET UG 2023 postponed?
There is no official statement regarding NEET UG 2023 postponement.