About PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019
The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh will conduct PGIMER 2019 in the online mode. The admission to PGIMER will be taken through two sessions - January and July. PGIMER 2019 will offer seats in four of its Master of Surgery (MS) and sixteen Doctor of Medicine (MD) courses. A total of around 236 seats in the two disciplines combined will be provided by PGIMER 2019. The process of admission to PGIMER 2019 will be entirely on merit basis and according to the ranks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination.
|Exam level:||National Level Exam|
|Frequency:||2 times a year|
|Conducting Body:||PGIMER Chandigarh|
Download all details about PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019Download Brochure
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
|25 Nov, 2018 (Tentative)||Exam - Date of examination | Mode: Online|
|26 Nov, 2018 (Tentative)||Result - Declaration of result | Mode: Online|
|01 Oct, 2018 - 31 Oct, 2018 (Tentative)||Application | Mode: Online|
Candidates must check the PGIMER 2019 eligibility criteria and ensure that they meet the required terms before applying for the examination. The eligibility criteria of PGIMER 2019 has been listed below.
- Candidates are required to possess a degree in MBBS from an institution that is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates applying to PGIMER 2019 must possess a registration certificate issued by the State or Central Medical Registration Council.
- All candidates must complete the rotatory internship of one year before the date assigned for each session by PGIMER 2019.
Mode of Application : Online and Offline
Mode of Payment : Bank Challan | Other
|ST, SC||Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 800|
|OBC, General||Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 1000|
Aspirants seeking admission to PGIMER must fill in the PGIMER application form 2019 in order to be able to appear in the entrance examination. The PGIMER 2019 application form has been made available in the online mode. The steps to fill in the application form of PGIMER 2019 have been listed below.
- Candidates need to click on the 'Apply Now' button on the official website of PGIMER 2019 post which they would be required to enter all the details as asked and verify the details by clicking on the 'Continue' button.
- Candidates must ensure that all the details entered are correct and then click on the 'Submit' button. This signifies the end of the registration process after which a User ID and Password will be sent to candidates' registered email ID and mobile numbers.
- Candidates must note down the User ID and Password as they would be required for future logins. Using these details candidates must log in to their application form of PGFIMER 2019 and fill in the other details.
- Scanned images of photograph, signature, MBBS degree or provisional certificate, certificate showing internship completion and category certificate (if applicable) are to be uploaded in the next step. The images should be in the required format and size.
- After completing the process of filling in the PGIMER 2019 application form, candidates are required to pay the application fee. The fee for PGIMER application form 2019 can be paid either through SBI e-challan or through SBI i-collect (for candidates with SBI bank accounts).
- The details of the fee payment have to be uploaded in the application form and then submitted online. Candidates must also take a print out copy of the submitted PGIMER 2019 application form as it will be required at the time of counselling.
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019 Application Process
The PGIMER 2019 exam pattern has been provided below. Candidates appearing for the entrance examination can go through the exam pattern of PGIMER 2019.
|Mode of Examination||Pen and paper-based (offline)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice/Single Best Response|
|Number of Questions||250|
|Scheme of marks||Correct Answer: Positive Marks, Incorrect Answer: Negative marks, Unanswered Question: No marks|
The admit card of PGIMER 2019 has been released by PGIMER, Chandigarh on November 15, 2018. Candidates who fulfills the requisite eligibility criteria and fill in the application form will be issued PGIMER 2019 admit card. PGIMER, Chandigarh will also release a list of ineligible applicants who will not be issued PGIMER admit card 2019. The admit card of PGIMER will be made available only in the online mode and include the candidates' personal details, roll number, and details of the exam centre. All the eligible candidates who will be issued PGIMER 2019 admit card must compulsorily carry the same to the examination hall along with a valid proof of identity.
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- PGIMER 2019 admit card
- A valid photo identity proof
The declaration of PGIMER 2019 result will be done by PGIMER, Chandigarh. The result of PGIMER 2019 will be declared in an online mode. Candidates appearing in the exam will be able to check their individual PGIMER result 2019 by entering their 'roll number' and 'date of birth'. The result of PGIMER 2019 is likely to be announced within 24 hours of conducting the examination. PGIMER, Chandigarh will also release PGIMER result 2019 in the form of a merit list which will include only the names of the qualifying candidates, i.e. the names of the candidates who will obtain the minimum qualifying percentile or above.
1 Colleges Accepting Admission
PGIMER Entrance Exam
The minimum qualifying percentile that candidates need to secure in order to be rendered as qualified in the entrance examination is the PGIMER cutoff 2019. PGIMER, Chandigarh has set the PGIMER 2019 cutoff category-wise. Candidates meeting the required cutoff of PGIMER 2019 according to their category will be included in the merit list of qualified candidates. The PGIMER cutoff 2019 for various categories can be checked below.
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Candidates included in the PGIMER merit list will be called for various rounds of PGIMER counselling 2019. PGIMER counselling will be conducted in three rounds - first, second and third. The candidates will be called for the first round of PGIMER 2019 counselling according to their merit rank. The second and third round of counselling for PGIMER 2019 will be, however, open to all candidates securing the required minimum qualifying percentile. PGIMER 2019 counselling will be conducted in the offline mode. All the candidates will have to report to the designated venue in order to participate in the counselling of PGIMER 2019. The admission thorough counselling for PGIMER 2019 will be subject to the availability of seats and the candidates fulfilling the required terms of eligibility.
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2019 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Copy of PGIMER application form with a recent passport sized photograph
- PGIMER 2019 admit card
- A valid proof of identity (photo ID)
- Class 10 certificate as proof of date of birth
- Certificate of qualification Class 10 onwards
- MBBS mark sheets and certificates
- Registration certificate from MCI
- Certificate showing completion of internship
- Category certificate (SC/ST/PwD), as applicable
- Aadhar card (for selected candidates)
Questions related to PGIMER Entrance Exam
I am in 12th and i want to go fro MBBS from PGIMER Chandigarh, May i get admission through management quota, if yes please tell the process
Hello ! There is no such process to get admission in management quota. It only depends on your NEET score. According to the cutoffs released afte...
Hello Rutuja,If you are asking about admission to MD Paediatrics course in Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh t...
does seat matrix change for pgi as mentioned in the notification list on october 6th as they said "it is provisional' ?
Hello Manoj,Provisional list means that the candidates whose names appear in the list are eligible. But it does not grant the right to candidate of...
Yes all centres located in Chandigarh only for PGIMEr MD and MS exams. List of all available centres and exam dates shared below. https:/...
answer pls i am waiting
News and Articles
PGIMER 2019 - PGIMER Chandigarh will conduct PGIMER 2019 for MD/MS on November 25. Chec...
PGIMER Admit Card 2019
PGIMER Admit Card 2019 – PGIMER Chandigarh has issued PGIMER 2019 Admit Card on Novembe...
PGIMER Application Form 2019
PGIMER Application Form 2019 – PGIMER Chandigarh has released PGIMER 2019 Application F...
PGIMER Important Dates 2019
PGIMER Important Dates 2019 – PGIMER Chandigarh has announced PGIMER 2019 important dat...
PGIMER Counselling 2019
PGIMER Counselling 2019 – PGIMER, Chandigarh will start PGIMER 2019 Counselling round o...
PGIMER Result 2019
PGIMER Result 2019 - PGIMER Chandigarh will release PGIMER 2019 Result on November 26, ...
PGIMER Answer Key 2019
PGIMER Answer Key 2019 – PGIMER, Chandigarh is unlikely to release the answer key of PG...
PGIMER Cutoff 2019
PGIMER Cutoff 2019 – Candidates can check here the previous years’s cut off of PGIMER f...
PGIMER Seats and Reservation 2019
PGIMER Seats and Reservation 2018 - Candidates can check here the total number of seats...
PGIMER Exam Pattern 2019
PGIMER Exam Pattern 2019 – PGIMER Chandigarh releases PGIMER 2019 Exam Pattern includin...
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile