About PGIMER Entrance Exam 2020
The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh has revised the schedule of the exam for the July session of PGIMER 2020 i.e. June 14, which was earlier to be conducted on May 23, 2020. The PGIMER 2020 correction window facilities has been made available by authorities from May 8 - 9 till 11:55 PM, for aspirants who have successfully submited the PGIMER application form within the due date. Authorities had earlier extended the online filling of PGIMER application form 2020 till May 6, due to Coronavirus. The application fee of PGIMER for unreserved candidates is Rs 1500, whereas, the reserved category candidates will have to pay Rs 1200. Authorities had earlier announced the exam dates of PGIMER 2020 for the July session and and also for January and July, 2021 sessions.
For the first time, PGIMER exam was held in computer based mode, in 2020, for admission to 295 seats to be filled in 20 specialties of Masters of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD) courses. The exam will be held across 16 test cities. The admit card of PGIMER 2020 July session will be available for download for candidates who successfully register themselves.
The process of admission is based on merit and according to the ranks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination. Candidates who will qualify the entrance test will be invited to participate in the offline counselling of PGIMER 2020.
Admission to PGIMER is done through two sessions - January and July. A total of 295 seats will be filled across 20 departments in the disciplines of Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD) through PGIMER 2020. As PGIMER is recognized as one of the distinguished medical institutions of India, the MD and MS programmes of PGIMER Chandigarh has a residency-cum-training programme which is covered in a span of three years.
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Entrance Exam|
|Short Exam Name||PGIMER Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||PGIMER Chandigarh|
|Frequency of Conduct||2 times a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||1500 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Number of Seats||295 Seats|
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2020 Important Dates
PGIMER Entrance Exam (Session Jul 2020)
Upcoming Dates and Events
14 Jun, 2020
Exam | Mode: Online
Past Dates and Events
08 May, 2020 - 09 May, 2020
Application Correction | Mode: Online
17 Mar, 2020 - 06 May, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
PGIMER Entrance Exam (Session Jan 2020)
Past Dates and Events
24 Jan, 2020
Counselling - Round 4 - Start Date | Mode: Offline
18 Jan, 2020
Counselling - Round 3 - Start Date | Mode: Offline
10 Jan, 2020
Counselling - Round 2 - Start Date | Mode: Offline
20 Dec, 2019
Counselling - Round 1 - Start Date | Mode: Offline
09 Dec, 2019
Result | Mode: Online
30 Nov, 2019
Exam | Mode: Online
25 Nov, 2019 - 30 Nov, 2019
Admit Card | Mode: Online
26 Oct, 2019 - 14 Nov, 2019
Application | Mode: Online
26 Oct, 2019 - 14 Nov, 2019
Application - Fee Payment | Mode: Online
25 Oct, 2019
Advertisement | Mode: Online
Candidates must check the PGIMER 2020 eligibility criteria and ensure that they meet the required terms before applying for the examination. The eligibility criteria of PGIMER 2020 is listed below.
- Candidates are required to possess a degree in MBBS from an institution that is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates applying to PGIMER 2020 must possess a registration certificate issued by the State Medical Council (SMC) or Medical Registration Council.
- All aspirants must complete the rotatory internship of one year before the date assigned for each session by PGIMER 2020.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
Aspirants seeking admission to PGIMER must fill in the PGIMER application form 2020 in order to be able to appear in the entrance examination. The PGIMER 2020 application form has been released in the online mode on March 17. Candidates must submit the same within the stipulated time i.e. May 6, 2020. The steps to fill in the application form of PGIMER 2020 are mentioned below.
- Candidates need to click on the 'Apply Now' button on the official website of PGIMER 2020 post which they will be required to enter all the details as asked and verify the details by clicking on the 'Continue' button.
- Candidates must ensure that all the details entered are correct and then click on the 'Submit' button. This signifies the end of the registration process after which a User ID and Password will be sent to candidates' registered email ID and mobile numbers.
- It is mandatory to note down the User ID and Password as it will be required for future logins. Using these details candidates must log in to their application form of PGIMER 2020 and fill in the remaining details.
- Scanned images of photograph, signature, MBBS degree or provisional certificate, certificate showing internship completion and category certificate (if applicable) are to be uploaded in the next step. The images should be in the required format and size as specified.
- After completing the process of filling in the PGIMER 2020 application form, candidates are required to pay the application fee. The fee for PGIMER application form 2020 can be paid either through SBI e-challan or through SBI i-collect (for candidates with SBI bank accounts).
- The details of the fee payment have to be uploaded in the application form and then submitted online. Candidates must also take a print out copy of the submitted PGIMER 2020 application form as it will be required at the time of counselling.
|General, OBC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 1500|
|ST, SC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 1200|
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology
Social and preventive medicine
Obstetrics and gynecology
The PGIMER 2020 exam pattern is provided below. Candidates appearing for the entrance examination can go through the exam pattern of PGIMER 2020. Through an official notification, the authority has announced that the exam timing for PGIMER 2020 will be held from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
|Exam timings||3:00 PM to 6:00 PM|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-based mode (Online)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice/Single Best Response|
|Number of Questions||250|
|Scheme of marks||Correct Answer: Positive Marks, Incorrect Answer: Negative marks, Unanswered Question: No marks|
PGIMER, Chandigarh, will release the admit card of PGIMER 2020, in online mode. Candidates can download the same by entering the User/Login ID and Password created at the time of filling the application form. Candidates who fulfil the requisite eligibility criteria and fill the application form will be issued PGIMER 2020 admit card. The admit card of PGIMER includes the candidates' personal details, roll number, and details of the exam centre. Before downloading the admit card of PGIMER 2020, candidates must ensure that all details printed on it are correct. Eligible candidates must compulsorily carry the same to the examination hall along with a valid proof of identity.
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2020 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- PGIMER 2020 admit card
- A valid photo identity proof
PGIMER 2020 result will be declared by PGIMER, Chandigarh, in online mode on June 2. PGIMER result includes the names of the qualifying candidates, category, percentile scores, overall rank and category rank. After the declaration of result, the authority will also release the merit list, mentioning the details of aspirants called for offline counselling. Candidates who will secure the minimum qualifying cut off will be included in the rank list.
The minimum qualifying percentile that candidates need to secure in order to be rendered as qualified in the entrance examination is the PGIMER cutoff 2020. PGIMER, Chandigarh sets the PGIMER 2020 cutoff category-wise. Candidates meeting the required cutoff of PGIMER 2020 according to their category will be included in the merit list of qualified candidates. The PGIMER cutoff 2020 for various categories can be checked below.
Mode of Counselling: Offline
PGIMER 2020 counselling will be conducted in four rounds - first, second, third and fourth. Candidates included in the PGIMER merit list will be called for various rounds of PGIMER counselling 2020. The candidates will be called for the first round of PGIMER 2020 counselling according to their merit rank. The second and third round of counselling for PGIMER 2020 will be, however, open to all candidates securing the required minimum qualifying percentile. PGIMER 2020 counselling will be conducted in the offline mode. All the candidates will have to report to the designated venue in order to participate in the counselling of PGIMER 2020. The admission thorough counselling for PGIMER 2020 will be subject to the availability of seats and the candidates fulfilling the required terms of eligibility.
PGIMER Entrance Exam 2020 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Copy of PGIMER application form with a recent passport sized photograph
- PGIMER 2020 admit card
- A valid proof of identity (photo ID)
- Class 10 certificate as proof of date of birth
- Certificate of qualification Class 10 onwards
- MBBS mark sheets and certificates
- Registration certificate from MCI
- Certificate showing completion of internship
- Category certificate (SC/ST/PwD), as applicable
- Aadhar card (for selected candidates)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Am I eligible to apply for PGIMER 2020 July session if I miss the January session?
Yes, any candidate who fulfills the eligibility conditions and whose applications will be accepted by the authority can appear for PGIMER exam.
Question: Who can appear for PGIMER counselling 2020?
Only aspirants who have qualified the entrance exam by securing minimum cutoff percentile can appear for PGIMER counselling.
Question: I missed the first round of PGIMER seat allotment process, can I appear for second round?
Yes, candidates who missed the counselling of PGIMER 2020 first round, can appear for the seat allotment round two.
Question: How will get the admission in PGIMER 2020 during counselling?
During the offline counselling process, candidates will be called as per their ranks in PGIMER 2020. They will also be asked to provide their preferences of courses in which they wish to get admissions. Based on these preferences, PGIEMR rank, seats availability, reservation criteria and other factors, the admission to PGIMER will be granted.
Questions related to PGIMER Entrance Exam
is pgimer exam date gonna change or will it be the same ?
My internship will be completed by the end of December 2020. Will I be eligible for PGI Chandigarh 2021 January session?
the eligibility criteria for applying in pgimer chandigarh January ssessions,
candidates are required to have an MBBS degree from a recognized University or an Institute authorized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Candidates must have either completed or due to complete, one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December for January a session respectively.
if your internship will complete before 31 december 2020, or on 31 december 2020, you are eligible to apply.
I AM A NEPALI CITIZEN AND HAVE COMPLETED MY MBBS WITH 1 YEAR INTERNSHIP FROM PRIVATE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF NEPAL AND LICENESE REGISTERED MEDICAL OFFICER. AM I ELIGIBLE FOR MD/MS ENTRANCE EXAM??
Here's the eligibility criteria for for those Indian citizens or Overseas citizens who have pursued their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical colleges that are outside India territory.
- FMG candidates have to mandatorily pass NBE conducted Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) (Screening Test).
- Medical graduates from foreign must be registered with MCI/SMC
- The internship requirement for FMG candidates, as per eligibility criteria of NEET PG, is the same as mentioned above for overall candidates
- On the day of conduction of NEET PG 2020, FMG candidates are required to bring along their FMGE Pass Certificate issued by NBE
Click on the link for more details :
I hope this helps.
how can i fill the form of pgi new
PGIMER Chandigarh has extended the last date to fill the application till May 6, 2020 i.e. today. Here I'm attaching a link from where you can apply for the exam. https://medicine.careers360.com/articles/pgimer-application-form
Before applying for the exam go through the article thoroughly. Steps to fill the application are clearly written.
wen will be the forms for Phd july session be available?? there are only MD/MS forms available now
Hello Yashu !
If you can tell me for which college you want to know the dates for admissions in Phd , I can surely help you.
Please share your college name in comment section or you can share as a different question also.
Thank you !