What is PGIMER Entrance Exam?
PGIMER is a national level post graduate medical entrance exam conducted by Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, for admissions to as many as 196 seats offered in 20 post graduate courses in Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD) programmes. Admissions at the institute are made twice a year, with..Read More
PGIMER Entrance Exam Application Details
- Candidate should fill his/her online application form available at the university website.
- He/she should fill all the columns of the form such as name, date of birth, educational qualification, mobile number, in-service category etc.
- After filling application form the candidate should deposit the application fee through Challan form (triplicate) in any branch of State Bank of India.
- The Challan form is required to be filled up in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh (Examination) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319.
- Candidates must note that no other form of payment of application fees like Demand Draft, Bank Cheque, Money Order, Postal order, etc. will be accepted.
- The candidates should ensure that they take a printout of the application form after completing all the details.
PGIMER Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed MBBS from a University/Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Applicants must be registered with Central/State Medical Registration Council.
- Applicants must have either completed, or must be due to complete, one year rotatory internship training on or before December 31 or June 30 for January and July sessions respectively.
PGIMER Entrance Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
PGIMER Entrance Exam Pattern
Mode of Exam: Offline
Number of Sections: Three
Number of Sections: Three
|PGIMER Entrance Exam Section||Number of Topics||Number of Questions||Section Score|
Disclaimer: Based on our Prepmeter tool.
PGIMER Entrance Exam Counselling Details
- Allocation of various disciplines of MD/MS courses will be done on the basis of a personal counselling, strictly in order of merit lists.
- The number of candidates to be called for counselling will be three times the total number of seats to be filled for each category of candidates.
- PGIMER Counselling will be conducted in four rounds including the open selection.
- Candidates in order of merit will exercise their choice of subject according to availability of seats.
- Any candidate who does not get the subject of his/her choice in the first counselling can also attend the second counselling to get the subject of his/her choice.
- No penalty will be charged from the candidate who gets selected in another subject after resigning from the subject in which they have joined after the first counselling.
QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
PGIMER Entrance Exam
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!
- 1090 Joined
- 65 Questions
Where is the centre for this exam?
When will Bsc.radiology forms in pgi chandigarh come?
Are there image based questions in pgi chandigarh exam?
January session entrance examination of PGI MDS
Which session of entrance examination is for MDS in PGIMER?
Sir,I have a doubt regarding PGI MDS entrance.Which session is for MDS?Its shown that January session is only for housejob.
Sir,I have a doubt regarding PGI MDS entrance.Which session is for MDS?Its shown that January session is only for housejob