What is JIPMER MEDICAL?
JIPMER MEDICAL Application Details
JIPMER MBBS Application Form can be completed in the following five steps:-
- Uploading of applicant’s details - The first step is to fill personal, educational and correspondence address. Also, during the registration process, candidates have to choose the exam centre as per their convenience. Candidates can select up to 3 exam centres but allotment will be done by the examination authority.
- Uploading of photograph and signature - During the registration process, candidates have to upload their photograph and signature as per the given specifications. The photograph must be taken with a placard indicating name of the candidate and date of taking photograph. Candidate Signature/photograph should be in .jpg format. The size of signature and photograph must be between 20 KB to 200 KB.
- Submission of JIPMER MBBS Application Form - Candidates are advised to carefully read all the filled information in JIPMER MBBS Application Form before final submission.
- Payment of JIPMER MBBS Application Form - The application fee for JIPMER MBBS can be paid in Online Mode i.e. via Debit/Credit Card and Internet Banking. Candidates must note that the offline payment mode/bank challan facility is not available for paying the requisite examination fee.
- Final applicant details screen of JIPMER MBBS Application Form - Upon submission of JIPMER MBBS Application Form, the 'Final Applicant Page’ will be generated. Candidates are advised to take a print of the final generated page for future reference.
JIPMER MEDICAL Eligibility Criteria
- Indian – Candidate must be an Indian national
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/NRI: Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/NRI who are registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in JIPMER MBBS. NRI/OCI candidates will be considered for admissions only against the Unreserved category. NRI/OCI candidates who want to be considered for seats under Self Financing Scheme are required to indicate the same while filling the application form of JIPMER MBBS.
- Candidates must complete 17 years of age on or before December 31 of the year of admission.
Candidates must have passed their Higher Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to Class 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (including practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- Unreserved Category candidates must have passed 10+2/HSC with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually with 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination to be eligible for JIPMER MBBS.
- The qualifying marks for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes/OPH in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-Technology subjects taken together will be 40%.
- For OPH candidates in General Category, the minimum qualifying marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together will be 45%.
JIPMER MEDICAL Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
JIPMER MEDICAL Exam Pattern
Exam Format: Objective
Number of Sections: Four
|JIPMER MEDICAL Exam Section||Number of Topics||Number of Questions||Section Score|
JIPMER MEDICAL Exam Centers
JIPMER MEDICAL exam will be held at 74 centers across the country
JIPMER MEDICAL Counselling Details
- The counselling of JIPMER MBBS will held in offline mode for seat allotment process, document verification and fee deposition.
- Allocation of seats in MBBS Programme will be done on the basis of a personal counselling, strictly in order of merit lists.
- The counselling will be conducted in four rounds including open selection.
- Counselling will be done according to the category ranks such as General, SC, ST etc.
- Biometric finger printing of the candidate will be matched with the pre-existing data of candidates.
- Candidates who will miss the counselling will also miss their chance of admissions.
- Candidates who will remain absent during the first round of counselling will not be allowed to participate in the further counselling rounds.
QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!
- 7091 Joined
- 208 Questions