About AIIMS MBBS 2019
The admission to the nine All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is taken through the AIIMS MBBS 2019 entrance exam. AIIMS is considered to be the most coveted Institute for which the number of aspirants taking the entrance exam goes up to 3 lakh. AIIMS, New Delhi is the responsible body for holding the admission process each year. AIIMS MBBS 2019 offers admission to 807 (7 seats are reserved for foreign nationals) seats available across nine AIIMS - New Delhi, Rishikesh, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, Guntur and Nagpur.
AIIMS MBBS entrance exam 2019 is a national level entrance exam which is scheduled to be conducted on May 25 and May 26 for the academic year 2019-20. The entrance exam of AIIMS MBBS 2019 is held across four different shifts for a duration of 3 hours and 30 minutes. The mode of conduction of AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam is online only meaning the test is displayed on the computer screen. The candidates qualifying the exam will be called to participate in the AIIMS MBBS 2019 counselling process. The admission will be taken on the basis of the merit score of the candidates and the preferences submitted by the candidates at the time of counselling.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Important Dates
|05 Feb, 2019 - 05 Mar, 2019 (Tentative)||Application - Online Registration Window | Mode: Online|
|08 Mar, 2019 - 12 Mar, 2019 (Tentative)||Application Correction | Mode: Online|
|10 May, 2019 - 26 May, 2019 (Tentative)||Admit Card - Admit Card Release Date | Mode: Online|
|25 May, 2019||Exam - Morning Shift- 9.00 to 12.30 | Mode: Online and Online|
|25 May, 2019||Exam - Afternoon Shift- 15.00 to 18.30 | Mode: Online and Online|
|26 May, 2019||Exam - Morning Shift- 9.00 to 12.30 | Mode: Online and Online|
|26 May, 2019||Exam - Afternoon Shift- 15.00 to 18.30 | Mode: Online and Online|
|12 Jun, 2019||Result | Mode: Online|
|03 Jul, 2019 - 27 Sep, 2019||Counselling | Mode: Online|
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
As per the AIIMS MBBS 2019 eligibility criteria, The basic minimum requirements that a candidate must have to appear for AIIMS MBBS 2019 includes the minimum age limit and essential educational qualification which can be checked here-
- Minimum Age Limit: - Candidates taking the AIIMS MBBS 2019 entrance exam must be 17 years of age or should attain the same by December 31, 2019.
- Academic Qualification: - As per the current requirement, a candidate must have qualified Class 12 or an equivalent examination from a recognized board (CBSE/ISC/State board) wherein s/he should have Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English as main subjects. If a candidate has passed the qualifying examination from a foreign country then a document stating that the qualification is equivalent to Class 12 must be shown. The test-taker must also ensure that a minimum of 60% marks has to be scored in English, Biology, Chemistry and Physics if belonging to unreserved or OBC category. For a candidate belonging to PwD/SC/ST category reserved, the minimum marks required should be at least 50% to fulfil AIIMS MBBS eligibility criteria 2019.
- Nationality: - Indian nationals, foreign nationals, OCIs, and NRIs are eligible to seek admission to MBBS course. Except for foreign nationals, taking AIIMS MBBS 2019 entrance exam is mandatory to obtain a seat at any of the nine Institutions.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The registration process for AIIMS MBBS 2019 is expected to start in the month of February. Only those candidates who will fill the AIIMS MBBS application form 2019 will be eligible to take the entrance exam. It must be ensured by all candidates that they have filled just one registration form and the details submitted are supported by the relevant documents. The successful submission of the application form for AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam does not indicate that it is accepted by the authorities. The forms will be scrutinized by the officials, therefore, a valid ID proof number, photograph, signature and exact educational qualifications should be submitted. The registration process is completely online and candidates should not send the application forms via post, mail or any other medium. The steps to fill the AIIMS MBBS application form 2019 can be seen below:-
·Registration by submitting personal details
·Make the payment
·Select the exam cities
·Submit educational qualification and contact details
·Upload photograph, signature and left-thumb impression
·Take a printout of the confirmation page
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Preparation Tips
Preparing for a competitive exam like AIIMS MBBS 2019 is not a piece of cake and at the same time, it is not impossible to ace. Candidates must frame a preparation strategy for AIIMS MBBS 2019 beforehand. Aspirants of the entrance exam can check here the AIIMS MBBS preparation tips-
- Covering your NCERT syllabus of Classes 10 and 12 is essential along with this candidates must also refer to books which gives an upper edge on solving multiple choice questions.
- As per the previous toppers, especially while preparing for Physics and Chemistry section of AIIMS MBBS entrance exam aspirants are advised to consider solving questions from books which are recommended for engineering entrance exams.
- Another important aspect of AIIMS MBBS 2019 entrance exams is the assertion reason questions which requires candidates to be thorough with each and every concept. NCERT books will be really helpful for aspirants to solve assertion reason questions.
- As AIIMS, New Delhi does not issue a syllabus for the entrance exam, therefore, candidates must consult the syllabus for other medical entrances like NEET and Classes 11 and 12 syllabi of CBSE to start preparations.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Exam Pattern
As per the AIIMS MBBS 2019 Exam Pattern, The question paper contains 200 multiple choice questions from the science section which includes Physics, Biology and Chemistry and two additional sections- General Knowledge and Aptitude & Logical Thinking. AIIMS, New Delhi has not prescribed a syllabus for the entrance exam but it has been clarified that the question paper is of Class 12 level. The available language medium for AIIMS MBBS question paper 2019 is English or Hindi and candidates will receive the test paper in that medium which they have opted in the AIIMS MBBS application form. The total duration of AIIMS MBBS exam is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
The marking scheme of AIIMS MBBS 2019 involves negative marking wherein candidates will be given 1 mark for each correct answer and 1/3 marks will be subtracted from the total score for each wrong answer. No marks will be granted for the questions which are marked under review by the candidates or have been left unattempted. As the exam is conducted in four shifts, there will be a normalization procedure involved which is based on the percentile.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Admit Card
AIIMS, New Delhi is likely to issue a downloadable admit card 15 days prior to the conduction of exam. The release of admit card confirms that a candidate is eligible to appear for the entrance exam. The admit card of AIIMS MBBS 2019 is the entry ticket to the examination centre as without it candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall under any circumstances.
AIIMS MBBS admit card 2019 will display the slot and the examination centre that has been allotted to a candidate. The hall ticket should be preserved by the candidates till the allotment is completed as the document will be required at the time of admission process and it cannot be downloaded after the conclusion of the exam.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Exam Centers
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Baramulla|
Documents Required at Exam
- AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2019
- Identity Proof (same as the one mentioned while submitting the application form)
- 1 Passport Size Photograph
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Result
The AIIMS MBBS result 2019 will be announced on June 12 in the form of a merit list. The conducting body will be issuing two merit lists- Roll Number wise and Rank wise. The inclusion in the merit list signifies that the candidates have qualified the exam and will be receiving an offer letter to participate in the AIIMS MBBS 2019 counselling process in due time. The mode of the release of AIIMS MBBS 2019 merit list will be only online i.e. it will be made available on the official website of AIIMS MBBS entrance exam 2019. The result of all the candidates who have appeared in the entrance exam will be released by the regulatory body which can be accessed by logging through the candidates’ portal.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Cutoff
The minimum cut off score to qualify AIIMS MBBS 2019 entrance exam is 50% for the unreserved category candidates while candidates belonging to OBC category must score at least 45% and SC/ST candidates should score a minimum of 40% to be considered qualified. The PwD candidates should score the minimum required percentage decided for their respective category in order to qualify the entrance exam. Candidates must note that as the exam is conducted for 200 marks then a candidate scoring 100 marks and belongs to general category will not be considered eligible. Scoring 100 marks in AIIMS MBBS entrance exam 2019 is actually the raw score and it will be normalised using different normalisation procedure since AIIMS MBBS is conducted in multiple shifts. It is unlikely that each shift will have the same number of candidates and the questions in all the shifts won’t be similar therefore these factors will be taken into consideration and a final cut off based on the percentile will be released. The cut off percentile will decide the qualifying status of the candidates.
The date of release of the AIIMS MBBS 2019 cut off percentile will be same as that of the declaration of the result. The merit list issued by AIIMS, New Delhi will intimate candidates about the AIIMS MBBS cut off 2019.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Counselling
The AIIMS MBBS counselling is conducted in four rounds wherein the conduction of the fourth round also known as the open round of counselling depends on the availability of seats. The counselling for the MBBS seats will begin from July 3 in online mode except for the open round which is conducted in offline mode. Candidates who will be listed in the result of AIIMS MBBS 2019 will be permitted to participate in the counselling process.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 counselling starts with a mock round which involves steps like registration and submission of preferences. The candidates who will take part in the first round of counselling will be eligible for the subsequent rounds. However, all the qualified candidates are entitled to participate in the open round of counselling.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Registration Slip
- Offer Letter
- AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2019
- Class 12 or equiavlent examination pass certificate (Self-attested)
- Class 10 pass certificate as a proof of date of birth (Self-attested)
- Class 12 marks sheet (Self-attested)
- SC/ST certificate (if applicable)
- OBC Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
Questions related to AIIMS MBBS
98.8 percentile is cutoff over past 3years average in General category at AIIMS , so you have extremely less chance as ranks under 1600 can have go...
National Board of Examinations (NBE) is the conducting body of NEET PG Entrance Exam and All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi...
Hey Sreenithi.All three of these exams would require a considerable amount of dedication and hard work to crack. But if you have to compare the lev...
In order to check the Opening & Closing each AIIMS institute wise, You can go through with the given below link.https://medicine.careers360.com...
Sir,i am 21 years old and now i will pass 12th in next year when i will 22 year so can i participate in Aiims exam after 12th
hii murariThe eligibility criteria for AIIMS is that you should have 60% aggregate marks in PCBE if you belong to general or obc category and 50% a...